10-20-13 01:10 PM
318 ... 10111213
tools
    How many of those are flip phones and what not? Or is that all smartphones? LG must make 10 of different models than BBRY does.
    It is Smartphones. Not phones in general or feature phones,that figure is just for smartphones.

In quarter 1 of 2013 they shipped 10.3 million smartphones
    In quarter 2 of 2013 they shipped 12.1 million smartphones

They haven't released Q3 earnings for 2013 yet, but they are on track to ship over 40 million smartphones this year.

Source = Earnings Releases | LG Global
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-16-13 02:31 PM
    Are you saying you dont have a blackberry yet you are posting on crackberry? how odd.
    First of all, that wouldn't odd at all. Many, many people post here that don't own a BlackBerry. Not that it's any of your business, but I have all 3 of my old BlackBerry phones in a drawer. So, technically, I do own multiple BlackBerry phones. I just haven't used one in about 3 years. Is that enough information for you?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    amazinglygraceless and Saiga like this.
    10-16-13 02:34 PM
    First of all, that wouldn't odd at all. Many, many people post here that don't own a BlackBerry. Not that it's any of your business, but I have all 3 of my old BlackBerry phones in a drawer. So, technically, I do own multiple BlackBerry phones. I just haven't used one in about 3 years. Is that enough information for you?

Best just to add that one to the ignore list. He will eventually forget that he already asked if you own a BlackBerry and he will ask again.
    R Field likes this.
    10-16-13 02:36 PM
    It is Smartphones. Not phones in general or feature phones,that figure is just for smartphones.

In quarter 1 of 2013 they shipped 10.3 million smartphones
    In quarter 2 of 2013 they shipped 12.1 million smartphones

They haven't released Q3 earnings for 2013 yet, but they are on track to ship over 40 million smartphones this year.

Source = Earnings Releases | LG Global
    And Blackberry's response to that is LG has over 8 billion in debt and only 2 billion and dropping in cash.
    10-16-13 02:36 PM
    Best just to add that one to the ignore list. He will eventually forget that he already asked if you own a BlackBerry and he will ask again.
    Haha, I've never put anyone on ignore. I've made it clear that my first 3 smartphones were BlackBerry and that I've been using Android phones for the last few years. Most of my posts are defending/correcting disinformation about Android. I believe you have the G2 (as does my wife) and I'm seriously considering replacing my Nexus 4 with the G2 if they don't hurry up with the Nexus 5!

Saiga likes this.
    10-16-13 02:44 PM

So you're a fan from 3 years ago here to do what exactly?

Posted from my Z10
    10-16-13 02:48 PM
    I think BlackBerry would have more class and not do this. I don't kicking someone when they are down. A lot of people are loosing their jobs because of the actions of a few. I don't find that funny. LG will never get my business.

Posted via CB10
    Remember Thor dissing the iPhone? The Wake Up campaign? Thor blasting Androids?

Everyone does it. Entities don't care about the feelings of competing entities, and if BBRY could hoist more rocks, it would.
    10-16-13 02:51 PM

Everyone does it. Entities don't care about the feelings of competing entities, and if BBRY could hoist more rocks, it would.
    I loved the wake up campaign, the irony was unexpected.

10-16-13 02:55 PM

Yeah.. pretty sure that wasn't Thor.
    10-16-13 02:56 PM
    Haha, I've never put anyone on ignore. I've made it clear that my first 3 smartphones were BlackBerry and that I've been using Android phones for the last few years. Most of my posts are defending/correcting disinformation about Android. I believe you have the G2 (as does my wife) and I'm seriously considering replacing my Nexus 4 with the G2 if they don't hurry up with the Nexus 5!

Wow, it is crazy how similar our phone situation is. My wife and I each have the Nexus 4. I'm waiting for the Nexus 5, but bought the G2 to use while I wait. Once the Nexus 5 does come out, the G2 will go to my wife, who feel in love with the phone as soon as she got a chance to mess with it.

I agree with you on the wait. It is driving me nutts, I was really hoping the October 15th rumor ended up true, but I'm not surprised that it didn't. Have you been practicing your F5 mashing skills? I remember the hectic mess it was ordering a Nexus 4 on launch day. This time I will be prepared.
    10-16-13 03:03 PM
    So you're a fan from 3 years ago here to do what exactly?

Posted from my Z10
    I'm here for information, entertainment and to discuss various subject matter whenever I feel like posting. Unless the powers that be ban me from doing that, I will continue to do just that. I'll give you a little more info about me, because you seem so interested. I'm a 40 year old man, a Taurus and I've been married for 13 years. I have 2 great kids (one is graduating high school this year) and I've been self employed since I was 19. I am a blue collar guy and I like sports and beer. Anything else that you might like to know about me?

10-16-13 03:03 PM
    Yes i am sure their goal was to have fans of another platform insult their phone for the world to see.
    And we all know how that turned out

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 03:08 PM
    Yeah.. pretty sure that wasn't Thor.
    I said it was Thor? Where?

Let's pretend that the buck DOESN'T stop with him...
    10-16-13 03:10 PM
    I said it was Thor? Where?
    You didn't, he is moving the goalpost.
    Tre Lawrence and richardat like this.
    10-16-13 03:11 PM

I don't remember that, if it did happen, it was under different circumstances. Apple is not having a hard time and laying off people. If BlackBerry is not a threat to any one, why the need to bash them?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 03:13 PM
    You didn't, he is moving the goalpost to save face,
    Got ya.

Because I though the point I was responding to was about BBRY having too much class to diss the competition, not Thor's culpability in the overly effective Wake Up campaign.
    richardat likes this.
    10-16-13 03:14 PM
    Wow, it is crazy how similar our phone situation is. My wife and I each have the Nexus 4. I'm waiting for the Nexus 5, but bought the G2 to use while I wait. Once the Nexus 5 does come out, the G2 will go to my wife, who feel in love with the phone as soon as she got a chance to mess with it.

I agree with you on the wait. It is driving me nutts, I was really hoping the October 15th rumor ended up true, but I'm not surprised that it didn't. Have you been practicing your F5 mashing skills? I remember the hectic mess it was ordering a Nexus 4 on launch day. This time I will be prepared.
    I ordered my Nexus 4 through T-Mobile, so it was no problem. I bought one from the Play
    Store for my wife a few months ago (she had an HTC One S(same as I had) but she fell in love with the G2, especially the camera. She thought the N4 was going to be too big, but now loves her G2! She's constantly making fun of me because of her ridiculous battery haha

10-16-13 03:16 PM
    I don't remember that, if it did happen, it was under different circumstances. Apple is not having a hard time and laying off people. If BlackBerry is not a threat to any one, why the need to bash them?

Posted via CB10
    I think you may have an overly romantic view of how big business works. Companies look to CRUSH competition. What are Apple and Google doing right now? Gobbling up all the BBRY employees they can get. BBRY would do the same. It's all about maximizing value.

We may not like how it works, but if you think BBRY would not move in at the slightest whiff of blood, you are giving them boys and gals easy too much credit.
    10-16-13 03:19 PM
    For me, I don't like it considering BlackBerry's circumstances, so LG looses my business.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 03:30 PM
    I think BlackBerry would have more class and not do this. I don't kicking someone when they are down. A lot of people are loosing their jobs because of the actions of a few. I don't find that funny. LG will never get my business.

Posted via CB10
    if you are so worry about ppl losing their job you should strictly work for a charity then. any time you are in a business there will be winner and loser. when you are making money, other ppl are losing money. it is all part of the game. the fact that you said LG is not getting your business and if other ppl are doing the same thing then a lot of LG employees will lose their job. is that any different from BBRY employee losing their job? seems like you are trying to spread the message of telling ppl to not buy LG. i guess you are part of the problem causing ppl to lose their job.

also, guess what, the ppl lost their job because their company can't compete. can't blame anyone but themselves. its not because some stupid ad LG put out
    10-16-13 03:32 PM
    For me, I don't like it considering BlackBerry's circumstances, so LG looses my business.

Posted via CB10
    Your choice to make, clearly. I suspect that if one is to draw lines and look at then with an unbiased eye, no one would get any business.

While this campaign is kind of icky to me, they all play dirty. I'm more concerned with how they treat me than they treat each other, I guess.
    Saiga, anon(5624621) and richardat like this.
    10-16-13 03:32 PM
    I think you may have an overly romantic view of how big business works. Companies look to CRUSH competition. What are Apple and Google doing right now? Gobbling up all the BBRY employees they can get. BBRY would do the same. It's all about maximizing value.

We may not like how it works, but if you think BBRY would not move in at the slightest whiff of blood, you are giving them boys and gals easy too much credit.
    And yes, I know how Big business works after working 30 yrs in the billboard and sign industry. That type of advertising is looked down upon and it back fired on LG.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 03:35 PM
    And yes, I know how Big business works after working 30 yrs in the billboard and sign industry. That type of advertising is looked down upon and it back fired on LG.

Posted via CB10
    No it hasn't.
    Again just because you do not like the ad does not mean it backfired. Lg will proceed to sell more smartphones than bb10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    10-16-13 03:42 PM
    No it hasn't.
    Again just because you do not like the ad does not mean it backfired. Lg will proceed to sell more smartphones than bb10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    LG Just recently started to do well with their sales, so they were ready to go under like other companies. They are still financially in worse shape than BlackBerry now.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 03:49 PM
    True, but only blackberry gets the eulogy.
    And quite frankly the ad worked, just look at all the visceral replies to the thread.
    Only Blackberry gets the eulogy... logical!
    LG has already the tawdriness to play on BB's bad situation, they couldn't be mentally challenged to the point they'd propose to write an eulogy for Apple or Samsung.
    And the LG banner ads would be wasted adapted to Blackberry devices: too few Blackberries around, and those who own a BB device are very often die-hard users (just see the reactions to their poor ad/aggression).
    Then what could LG boast about that Blackberry couldn't do at least as well...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 03:54 PM
318 ... 10111213