10-20-13 12:10 PM
318 ... 910111213
tools
    based on a 3hr usage pattern? hahahaha
    I'm not sure what you found so funny about that, but I don't think you understood what you read. The estimated remaining battery life time ("10 hours and 41 minutes" in my screen shot) is based on the previous 3 hours of usage. The 52 hours of battery usage is the total time the phone has been away from the charger.
    raysgrumpy and richardat like this.
    10-15-13 09:46 PM
    Yeah, it is so much easier to call myth when you have no real life experience using the device you're bad-mouthing. Am I right? Am I?

Oh my, your friends Androids have bad battery life? Well, then it is settled. Every single Android device in the world must have equally bad battery life. Here, I'll use your logic for a moment. A friend of mine uses a Curve 8520. That thing lags like crazy. So I guess all BlackBerry smartphones must lag. See how ridiculous that statement sounds?
    LG G2 is most comparable to a S4. G2 has 400mah bigger battery but also has .2" bigger screen which uses up more battery then you think with that difference and a much more powerful processor which sucks up the battery like crazy.

It is said to last a little more then an S4 in battery. I know a bunch of people with S4s that charge their phones 2 times a day.

Hopefully I worded it better this time...

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 09:58 PM
    LG G2 is most comparable to a S4. G2 has 400mah bigger battery but also has .2" bigger screen which uses up more battery then you think with that difference and a much more powerful processor which sucks up the battery like crazy.

It is said to last a little more then an S4 in battery. I know a bunch of people with S4s that charge their phones 2 times a day.

Hopefully I worded it better this time...

Posted via CB10
    That is simply false. Oh and by the way, you are also wrong about the S4 processor. You can get a S4 with the same processor as my G2.

One of the best reasons to switch to the new Snapdragon 800 is it sips electricity. Do you honestly think that a faster processor just automatically means worst battery life? That isn't the case and a independent test has proven that.

A website used a $10,000 piece of lab equipment to calibrate and test two devices, the original Galaxy S4 with the Snapdragon 600 and a Galaxy S4 active with a Snapdragon 800. Both phones have the same exact screens and the screens were set to the same brightness level. Both phones also have the same 2600mah battery and they both were running the same software. The only difference between them was the processors.

The site ran a GLBenchmark 2.5 Egypt HD test looping constantly on both devices and timed how long each device would last on a full charge. The Snapdragon 600 powered Galaxy S4 lasted for 2 hours and 46 minutes. The Snapdragon 800 powered Galaxy S4 lasted 3 hours and 35 minutes. That is almost an hour difference. It equates to 25% better battery life on the phone that has the newer and faster processor. Here is a link to the tests so you can see for yourself.
    모‹ˆ„&모”일 - TEST SETUP

See? You're just assuming you know what the G2's battery life will be like. It is ironic that you actually used the S4's slower processor as an example. Since we now know that when everything else is equal, the Snapdragon 800 powered phone lasts longer than the phone with the slower Snapdragon 600.

My G2 is powered by the Snapdragon 800. That is one of the reasons why it has such great battery life. The new generation of Snapdragon processors is as or more efficient than the previous generation. You can claim otherwise as much as you'd like, but that won't change reality.
    Last edited by Saiga; 10-15-13 at 10:45 PM.
    10-15-13 10:30 PM
    Tell me about the GPU for S4 and G2 Z30. How do they compare. Are phone GPU 's graphic specific, or do they compliment CPU load with some number crunching ?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 11:07 PM
    Tell me about the GPU for S4 and G2 Z30. How do they compare. Are phone GPU 's graphic specific, or do they compliment CPU load with some number crunching ?

Posted via CB10
    Real world comparisons by playing a graphically intense game is the best way to compare.

Posted via CB10
    lui22 likes this.
    10-15-13 11:41 PM
    no points comparing SGS4 and LGG2. both korean, both android slabs. what makes them differs from each other? logo?
    10-16-13 02:13 AM
    Okk you got me sir. But I still think there is no way for your G2 to do the same things as my Q10 and for the battery to last as long as my Q10

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 07:10 AM
    Great news! Blackberry fans don't have to be extra offended. It just turns out that LG's new ad campaign is a smear campaign on every one of its competitors.

LG banner ads detect your Galaxy S 4 or iPhone in order to bash it
    10-16-13 09:28 AM
    Great news! Blackberry fans don't have to be extra offended. It just turns out that LG's new ad campaign is a smear campaign on every one of its competitors.

LG banner ads detect your Galaxy S 4 or iPhone in order to bash it
    True, but only blackberry gets the eulogy.
    And quite frankly the ad worked, just look at all the visceral replies to the thread.
    10-16-13 12:00 PM
    True, but only blackberry gets the eulogy.
    And quite frankly the ad worked, just look at all the visceral replies to the thread.
    Yes i am sure their goal was to have fans of another platform insult their phone for the world to see.
    10-16-13 12:04 PM
    Yes i am sure their goal was to have fans of another platform insult their phone for the world to see.
    I guarantee that they will sell more smartphones by the end of the year then blackberry 10 will.

Isn't that the reason conglomerates and corporations advertise, to sell more?

Unless you are blackberry of course, they do it for the fans.
    10-16-13 12:18 PM
    I guarantee that they will sell more smartphones by the end of the year then blackberry 10 will.

Isn't that the reason conglomerates and corporations advertise, to sell more?

Unless you are blackberry of course, they do it for the fans.
    That has nothing to do with this being a good approach to advertising or not.
    10-16-13 12:34 PM
    They've already done that.

If you're just counting the devices BlackBerry released in the last 12 months then it isn't even close. LG shipped 12.1 million phones last quarter. That makes it approximately 4 million phones per month. So 30 days worth of LG sells is basically enough to match or beat every BB10 device sold to date. It is surprising. I honestly didn't expect to see the day when LG was outperforming BlackBerry by such a healthy margin.
    awindsr and Etios like this.
    10-16-13 12:39 PM

If you're just counting the devices BlackBerry released in the last 12 months then it isn't even close. LG shipped 12.1 million phones last quarter. That makes it approximately 4 million phones per month. So 30 days worth of LG sells is basically enough to match or beat every BB10 device sold to date. It is surprising. I honestly didn't expect to see the day when LG was outperforming BlackBerry by such a healthy margin.
    Where is their market? I don't see any in the Vancouver area..
    10-16-13 12:41 PM
    That has nothing to do with this being a good approach to advertising or not.
    I prefer lg's marketing over blackberry.
    At least lg's message is coherent.
    Can't say the same for blackberry.

10-16-13 12:46 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/17/a6uqabad.jpg
    What blackberry are you using?
    10-16-13 12:48 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/17/a6uqabad.jpg
    Hahahahahaha...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 12:58 PM
    Well I can't speak for other BlackBerry owners but this has turned me off LG. I have refrained from purchasing a washer / dryer for my new property and went with samsung. Pure for spite. Not getting my $4000 dollars. Business should not be conducted like this and I will take my hard earned money to a more respectable company.

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    southlander and awindsr like this.
    10-16-13 01:00 PM
    bb has put themselves in the crosshairs of advertisers as they swirl around the proberbial drain hole
    10-16-13 01:12 PM
    What blackberry are you using?
    I have drawers filled with bb devices.
    Take your pick.

I did have a z10 briefly in feb. but I gave it back after a couple hours.

Why do you ask?
    10-16-13 01:13 PM
    Where is their market? I don't see any in the Vancouver area..
    2 LG phones in my house in central Florida. I could ask the same for BlackBerry. I have seen zero BB10 phones here on the Space Coast and 1 legacy BlackBerry this year.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-16-13 01:13 PM
    2 LG phones in my house in central Florida. I could ask the same for BlackBerry. I have seen zero BB10 phones here on the Space Coast and 1 legacy BlackBerry this year.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    Are you saying you dont have a blackberry yet you are posting on crackberry? how odd.
    10-16-13 01:19 PM

How many of those are flip phones and what not? Or is that all smartphones? LG must make 10 of different models than BBRY does.
    10-16-13 01:22 PM
    I have drawers filled with bb devices.
    Take your pick.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/17/a2ydu5aj.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/17/4aby3y9e.jpg

I did have a z10 briefly in feb. but I gave it back after a couple hours.

Why do you ask?
    Well if you are no longer using a blackberry why continue to come to crackberry to torment the real fans they have left (along with njberry, boldtillhybridcomes, kevinnugent, mikeo007, richardat, and homo_erectus). I just dont get this, Im not a fan of LG and i don't go to LG sites and post negative news etc. What do you get out of it? This is Crackberry, for Blackberry fans. Honestly this place has turned into a cesspool. Im probably going to get banned again for saying this but oh well!
    tmanthib, unbreakablej and R Field like this.
    10-16-13 01:23 PM
    I get it that many/most of the CB users didn't take well to petty shot in a marketing attempt. After all, who likes a kick in the gut when they're down? Was it in poor form? Probably. But let's be real here. If the positions were switched, and Blackberry was in the superior position and dumped on a failing competitor... This thread would be chock full of kudos and back-slaps towards BBRY.
    I think BlackBerry would have more class and not do this. I don't kicking someone when they are down. A lot of people are loosing their jobs because of the actions of a few. I don't find that funny. LG will never get my business.

Posted via CB10
    unbreakablej likes this.
    10-16-13 01:30 PM
318 ... 910111213