I can't see this happening. However, I do believe BlackBerry will eventually be sold.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    10-19-14 06:44 PM
    SAP? :-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-19-14 07:22 PM
    I'll sell my Z10 and 9700 immediately and never use any Blackberry devices again if the company is belong to Lenovo!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 02:24 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Bogus story from "short seller" type.. nothing here... move along ...

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 04:34 AM
    Interesting times.....

Nine BlackBerrys and counting....
    10-20-14 05:03 AM
    If the big pension funds and other large shareholders want to sell their shares the Canadian govt would not put a stop to it. They might ask for some job guarantees. Phone security is not the issue. BlackBerry may stop making their phones any way.

There are 7000 lenovo stores in China. Lenovo knows how to make phones and Motorola makes great phones. Love to see a partnership. Perhaps Foxconn might buy the handset division. That is also a good fit.
    10-20-14 10:14 AM
    With BlackBerry looking like it's on the road back to profitability I doubt they will sell. Furthermore, there is no way the government would allow the sale to a mainland Chinese corporation.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-20-14 10:37 AM
    If the big pension funds and other large shareholders want to sell their shares the Canadian govt would not put a stop to it. They might ask for some job guarantees. Phone security is not the issue. BlackBerry may stop making their phones any way.

There are 7000 lenovo stores in China. Lenovo knows how to make phones and Motorola makes great phones. Love to see a partnership. Perhaps Foxconn might buy the handset division. That is also a good fit.
    Phone security is an issue. That is why any ownership change to Lenovo would be stopped. Nothing has changed since Lenovo tried to purchase it. Blackberry will not stop making phones. Enterprise needs an end to end security solution. And if they did and Levono purchased the company, no one would be using their software and services. This is a pump and dump story.
    10-20-14 10:40 AM
    I guess you have never heard of BYOD employer supplied. My provincial buddies are being given a choice of what phones they want to buy. Outside of the GTA, enterprise is not keen on BlackBerry.
    10-20-14 11:54 AM
    BlackBerry stock up over 7% today on Lenovo rumors.
    10-20-14 11:54 AM
    I guess you have never heard of BYOD employer supplied. My provincial buddies are being given a choice of what phones they want to buy. Outside of the GTA, enterprise is not keen on BlackBerry.
    I guess you never heard that BES10 supports other phones than Blackberry. A lot of the enterprises around here still use Blackberrys. Managed by BES5/10.
    10-20-14 12:20 PM
    It's absurd rumor. If Lenovo wants, it would give an offer when BlackBerry on sale last year. Under John Chen CEO, he will not sale for 15 - 18 dollars. He's been saying BlackBerry will be in the black some time next year.
    Personally, I think the offer price is insanely high, which is exactly why this rumor like almost every other Blackberry takeover rumor is fabricated.

It's highly unlikely a company will offer an 80% premium for another company. Lenovo could probably get a better price through hostile takeover. No need to talk to John Chen.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    10-20-14 01:18 PM
    I think that a partnership for Lenovo to make BB10 all touch sets would be awesome. I could see Lenovo interested in the handset part of the business. Cannot see the govt objecting to the sale of the handset business or a partnership.
    10-20-14 01:36 PM
    BlackBerry will stay secure only if it remains in Canada independent of any government (Chinese) influence. Otherwise, we're all screwed...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 01:40 PM
    I think that a partnership for Lenovo to make BB10 all touch sets would be awesome. I could see Lenovo interested in the handset part of the business. Cannot see the govt objecting to the sale of the handset business or a partnership.
    What can Lenovo do that it's current agreement with Foxconn cannot? What will Blackberry do with the 5 year foxconn deal if Lenovo takes over? There would be a penalty no doubt.

I cannot see Lenovo just wanting to purchase the handset business. 15-18 dollars for just the handset business is foolish. Lenovo would also have to give up the BB10 OS because of the agreement with Google. So just buying the handset hardware is not a smart move.
    10-20-14 01:54 PM
    Won't happen. It would be blocked again. Nothing has changed so this is just a rumor and someone playing the market.
    Not just Canada but every other western governments...
    10-20-14 01:59 PM
    It'd make more sense for Lenovo to just license the OS.
    Moto X with BB10 OS? Sounds very interesting...
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-20-14 02:02 PM
    I'm pretty sure every NATO country would dump BlackBerry If it was sold to a Chinese company. That's a lot of lost buisness...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 02:54 PM
    Personally, I think the offer price is insanely high, which is exactly why this rumor like almost every other Blackberry takeover rumor is fabricated.

It's highly unlikely a company will offer an 80% premium for another company. Lenovo could probably get a better price through hostile takeover. No need to talk to John Chen.
    It's also bizarre that it is almost exactly one year since the initial rumor. Probably some genius read it wrong.

A 50-80% premium over the closing price on Friday would be awesome for the stock holders. Not that many here would sell. They're all waiting for the $100 party.
    10-20-14 03:21 PM
    Wow some big time stock manipulation here. As stated many times in this forum, Lenovo is just starting to digest its Moto acquisition. It'd be foolish to try and acquire BB at this time for them and it would disrupt the Android side of their business. In its home (China) and surrounding Far East markets BB is not relevant for handsets so no reason to take on that side of the business nor would they buy it to gain entry into Canada/US where they could use Moto.
    10-20-14 03:42 PM
    These rumours are just so much market manipulation. Some hedge fund just made a pile of cash on the upturn lover some unfounded rumour. When are these market manipulators going to be shut down. Its about time someone put an end to this garbage.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-20-14 08:18 PM
    How can a stock price be so effected on just a rumor?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:36 PM
    How can a stock price be so effected on just a rumor?
    Greed + rapid distribution of rumors = powerful force

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-20-14 08:58 PM
    EXCLUSIVE: Lenovo Could Make an Offer for BlackBerry as Early as This Week - BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY), LENOVO GROUP LTD ADR (LNVGY) | Benzinga

"The source said Lenovo's first offer would be $15.00 per share, with a deal ultimately getting done around $18.00 per share."

What would make the Canadian govt not block it this time?

Posted via CB10
    Lenovo interest is the handset division not the rest and that will probably get a pass from the government
    10-20-14 09:05 PM
    Laughable offer even if it's true...

Under BlackBerry CEO Chen the upside for Blackberry is way higher...

From my Sold Out Awesome Passport
    Tokyo

Posted via CB10
    Analysts think otherwise since they all have targets in the $6-8 range only fantasy bloggers think it is worth more
    10-20-14 09:08 PM
101 12345