11-06-14 09:50 AM
101 1234 ...
tools
    Come again? $19 Billion?
    Yes, it was in reference to the $19B acquisition of Whatsapp by Facebook. Said he would sell BBM if someone offered him $19B.
    10-19-14 01:35 AM
    The security advantage for BlackBerry would be lost by its sale to a company that is substantially owned by the Chinese government.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:14 AM
    It is a curious coinkie-dink JC happens to be in HK when this rumour surfaces....

Flicked out via Zed30
    10-19-14 03:18 AM
    Or JC is looking for a partner to sell bb phones in China.
    10-19-14 03:31 AM
    Or JC is looking for a partner to sell bb phones in China.
    Is there even a market for BB in China?

Posted from an ME173X
    10-19-14 05:44 AM
    When I hear it from the WSJ, then I will believe it.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    10-19-14 05:48 AM
    If that ever happens the day the deal closes my blackberry passport will be for sale.

Not sure where I would end up probably an iPhone. <shudder> <face palm>

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    10-19-14 05:52 AM
    Pump and Dump?????
    10-19-14 05:57 AM
    Time to buy more BlackBerry shares? Is it what BlackBerry wants? Will this materialise? There can be no smoke without fire. Personally I wouldn't want this to happen now when it is regaining consumer confidence and rebuilding it's brand positively.

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    10-19-14 06:54 AM
    So why are they also using ANDROID AND IPHONES???? This is an outrage stop the madness lol

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 08:03 AM
    It'd make more sense for Lenovo to just license the OS.
    So they can reverse engineer it? Also not gonna happen...

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 10:24 AM
    I have a better idea . Lenovo makes a non controlling investment in Blackberry and produces hardware for them. Lenovo benefits from the hardware manufacturing side with the added benefit of BlackBerry patent protection . They also may be able to fork BB10, and produce their own consumer focused BB10/Android devices. BlackBerry focuses on enterprise software side and never looks back. Any future hardware required to drive BlackBerrys IoT/machine to machine rests on Lenovo. Any software to drive the hardware belongs to BlackBerry. I get my 10% for putting it all together, and all is well.

Posted via CB10
    Loc22 and namgas like this.
    10-19-14 11:28 AM
    I have a better idea . Lenovo makes a non controlling investment in Blackberry and produces hardware for them. Lenovo benefits from the hardware manufacturing side with the added benefit of BlackBerry patent protection . They also may be able to fork BB10, and produce their own consumer focused BB10/Android devices. BlackBerry focuses on enterprise software side and never looks back. Any future hardware required to drive BlackBerrys IoT/machine to machine rests on Lenovo. Any software to drive the hardware belongs to BlackBerry. I get my 10% for putting it all together, and all is well.

Posted via CB10
    What exactly would a "forked BB10" entail? The only forking they could do would be to remove the Android Run Time, which they would have to since they already produce several lines of smartphones, tablets and even laptop running full Android (and are thus barred from selling any "forked" Android devices).

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 11:34 AM
    Chen did say this weekend that China is to large a market to ignore. At the same time, BlackBerry doesn't have the scale to pursue it, as seen by the passports limited run. Chen doesn't just blurt things out. There may be something brewing

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 11:35 AM
    What exactly would a "forked BB10" entail? The only forking they could do would be to remove the Android Run Time, which they would have to since they already produce several lines of smartphones, tablets and even laptop running full Android (and are thus barred from selling any "forked" Android devices).

Posted via CB10
    Let's not try and split a hair. I put the whole deal together for 10% commission. Any fine tuning of the details is going to cost more. Okay.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-19-14 11:40 AM
    I think that a partnership with Lenovo would be a good option for BlackBerry.

What I'm thinking of here would be a partnership where Lenovo produces the hardware with BlackBerry OS 10. They are also licenced to produce Lenovo phones with the exact or a lower specs phone but running BlackBerry 10 for the local market & also the budget device market for developing countries in Asia & Africa.

This partnership I'm sure will be win win & definitely ensure the survival of BlackBerry. At the same time I guess it might even have the potential to balance the competition between the 3 platforms.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 11:54 AM
    Lenovo could really only hope to make some kind of partnership for Asia, as the Canadian government, as many have pointed out, will absolutely not allow a sale or controlling interest by China. BlackBerry will forever be a part of the past before that happens. Also, in regards to Lenovo doing manufacturing, first of all Foxconn wouldn't be too pleased, it was a 5 year deal, and second, who has more scale (and cheaper COGS) Foxconn who produces or has a hand in most of all smartphones, or Lenovo, who manufactures, but has no where near the scale and purchasing power for these small smartphone components.

It's just a bs rumour, and as a very small shareholder I have taken on far too much risk to only get $15-18 a share, and I'm sure that the institutional investors who have hung on this long feel the same, we're all hoping for a successful turnaround, profitability and growth to see that share price into the 20s-30s in the next couple of years

BB for Life
    10-19-14 12:14 PM
    Lenovo is just investing in BlackBerry! They want to take control slowly before takeovers! Wake up and smell some tea

#BBFactCheck
    10-19-14 12:15 PM
    I don't see this happening.
    Both, the U.S. government, as well as their main allies, the Canadian government are extensively using BlackBerry within their structures and this is not going to change any time soon, even though there are some efforts to push alternative devices too.
    The deal has been blocked by the Canadian government once and there is no reason for this to change.

However I could imagine BlackBerry and Lenovo partnering up for some projects.
    10-19-14 12:33 PM
    Ah you're right,.. sometimes I still dream about IBM making thinkpads.
    Lenovo always made the ThinkPads... they were the contract manufacturer for IBMs laptop division.
    AnimalPak200 and techvisor like this.
    10-19-14 12:55 PM
    Lenovo recently acquired Motorola so I'm wondering what this rumour is all about. Could it be that they may be interested in loading BlackBerry 10 onto their new hardware division? Because we all know an outright sales of BlackBerry to Lenovo will be blocked by Canada.
    10-19-14 02:21 PM
    So why are they also using ANDROID AND IPHONES???? This is an outrage stop the madness lol

Posted via CB10
    If you mean gov and DoD using droid and iPhone, it's probably only those not working with confidential information.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 02:24 PM
    Lenovo Approaches BlackBerry - WSJ

it is published in WSJ..... what the heck?
    Um, thats from 2013. Not current.
    10-19-14 02:28 PM
    Oh snap.... Owned.. Sorry about that.
    10-19-14 02:35 PM
    Lenovo always made the ThinkPads... they were the contract manufacturer for IBMs laptop division.
    Correct, people need to stop thinking lenovo=ibm. IBM sold their pc/laptop division to the company that was already making them and stamping it IBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:26 PM
101 1234 ...