11-06-13 07:34 AM
68 123
tools
    10 million phones per quarter is 40 million in a year.
    So if they acquired blackberry that would get bumped up to 46 million a year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-20-13 05:24 AM
    If I'm not mistaken there are news saying british counter intelligence agencies found hardware/hardcoded backdoors on their lenovos,it was in the news.

Sent from my A500 using CB Forums mobile app
    True apparently and fiendishly difficult to detect.
    This is one aspect of cyber warfare on many fronts, where the only solution is controlling input at every level.

Z10 via CB10
    10-20-13 05:48 AM
    Lenovo is one of China's most respected companies, and any kind of deal with them would instantly open the doors to the Chinese market. There are all kinds of deals that could be done that avoid the kinds of security concerns people keep bringing up.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:49 AM
    Lenovo is one of China's most respected companies, and any kind of deal with them would instantly open the doors to the Chinese market. There are all kinds of deals that could be done that avoid the kinds of security concerns people keep bringing up.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, Peter Misek stated that they could move the sensitive government accounts to another company and have them manage this information.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 07:33 AM
    If my sources are correct, you will be standing corrected.

I'm not going to get into CB forum drama. We shall see how everything plays out. If my sources in the company and the federal government are wrong, I'll stand corrected.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 07:41 PM
    If my sources are correct, you will be standing corrected.
    You sure have a lot to say without much to back it up. I'd be more likely to believe the fact that it would be incredibly inconvenient and dangerous for governments and corporations around the world. I am not on BES, but I do use my BlackBerry for business that I don't want some Chinese spy looking in on or anyone else. I don't trust the Chinese any more than I have political influence there.

Canada will block it. They're not stupid and there's plenty of other options for bids that don't pose international security threats.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by donmateo; 10-22-13 at 11:23 PM. Reason: *they're typo
    m1a1mg and mastermike87 like this.
    10-22-13 09:12 PM
    You sure have a lot to say without much to back it up. I'd be more likely to believe the fact that it would be incredibly inconvenient and dangerous for governments and corporations around the world. I am not on BES, but I do use my BlackBerry for business that I don't want some Chinese spy looking in on or anyone else. I don't trust the Chinese any more than I have political influence there.

Canada will block it. There not stupid and there's plenty of other options for bids that don't pose international security threats.

Posted via CB10
    Don, you're making a couple of assumptions here. If, at the end of the timeline, Lenovo is the only one left with their chequebook open what happens then? Canada blocks it? Can't see that happening. They'd have to prop it up, and people aren't stupid there too.
    10-22-13 09:28 PM
    That sounds like one assumption. And even if that were the case I would say National Security > Selling just to sell

All BlackBerry really needs is new management. Once they get all these cuts done, BlackBerry will be in a much better position even on their own.

Posted via CB10
    mastermike87 likes this.
    10-22-13 09:44 PM
    That sounds like one assumption. And even if that were the case I would say National Security > Selling just to sell

All BlackBerry really needs is new management. Once they get all these cuts done, BlackBerry will be in a much better position even on their own.

Posted via CB10
    Private management ftr.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:37 AM
    Last time i checked, US was a totalitarian regime too spying on its own citizens and harrassing them
    10-23-13 04:16 PM
    This would be sweet

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 12:47 PM
    You know absolutely nothing. Trust me.
    Looks like I know more than you, buddy.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:55 PM
    Lenovo was considering a purchase but the government shot it down. The article is on the Globe and Mail site.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle15256976/

Posted via CB10
    mastermike87 likes this.
    11-04-13 09:50 PM
    Lenovo was considering a purchase but the government shot it down. The article is on the Globe and Mail site.

Posted via CB10
    Right, and I was the guy who said my sources with the feds claimed the government would nix the deal.

Vindication.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    If it's true then I must say the Canadian Government is actually even more stupid than I thought - and I didn't think much of it to begin with, sort of like a bunch of more polished version of GW Dubya-like bums.

Sent from my C6833 using CB Forums mobile app
    gg22 likes this.
    11-05-13 12:26 AM
    If it's true then I must say the Canadian Government is actually even more stupid than I thought - and I didn't think much of it to begin with, sort of like a bunch of more polished version of GW Dubya-like bums.

Sent from my C6833 using CB Forums mobile app
    Yeah, protecting your national security and those of your major trading partners means your stupid...

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg and andrew1479 like this.
    11-05-13 07:18 AM
    Yeah, protecting your national security and those of your major trading partners means your stupid...

Posted via CB10
    ...actually no, the only stupid are those illiterate ones who buy into this obvious BS - Thinkpads were a MUCH bigger deal yet they are now made her, in the US and still used by practically every government offices...

...not to mention just how "utterly important" those Canadian secrets can be (HINT: hardly anyone would give a flying frog compared to US ones, trust me.)
    11-06-13 12:35 AM
    ...actually no, the only stupid are those illiterate ones who buy into this obvious BS - Thinkpads were a MUCH bigger deal yet they are now made her, in the US and still used by practically every government offices...

...not to mention just how "utterly important" those Canadian secrets can be (HINT: hardly anyone would give a flying frog compared to US ones, trust me.)
    1. Uh, no. Blackberries are used far more by government departments worldwide than think pads. Regardless of the PC, security firewalls could be installed. In the case of BlackBerry, we're talking about the BES infrastructure which is highly impenetrable (not 100%, but it's up there). Businesses and governments have since moved to Dell and HP since IBMs "demise".

2. I have friends that work for the RCMP, Department of Foreign Affairs, and other government agencies here in Canada. They a) do not use thinkpads at work, b) all use BlackBerry legacy devices with BES, and c) have information about middle eastern countries that they can't divulge. Whether you think anyone would give a "flying frog " about Canadian intelligence is your opinion. I recall as a undergrad being taught by Canada's Ambassador to NATO. Canada has a prominent role in global affairs and has a lot more pull and intelligence than you think. Be that as it may, it's still not on the same scope as the US, which is the argument I was also making that Canada would be compelled to protect its allies information too.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 07:34 AM
68 123