Apparently, legacy users across Canada are reporting sporadic outages across Canada related to BBM and email...Toronto Star reports that it doesn't seem to be affecting BB10 devices.

Source: Toronto Star

BlackBerry is dealing with a major outage of its BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS) network this morning, with users reportedly affected since 8am EST.

The company has not yet acknowledged the issue, which seems to be limited to legacy devices running software from before BlackBerry 10. The new OS does not compress all of its traffic through its own networks, though some services, like BBM and other native BlackBerry services, still rely on the company?s servers.

Older BlackBerry devices, like the Bold 9900, are reportedly unable to send BBMs, open web pages and send emails, while BlackBerry 10 devices appear unaffected. We?ll update when we know more. The outage is affecting all legacy BB users in Canada regardless of network.

Update 12:36pm: We?ve received a statement from BlackBerry representative, Lisette Kwong:

?We can confirm that a service issue is impacting some users in Canada and the Asia Pacific region. Our technical team has identified the potential cause of the issue and has reduced its impact oncustomers? service. The team will continue to work towards a full resolution as quickly as possible. We apologize to any customers who may be affected by this issue.?

Hopefully service will be restored as soon as possible. Are you still having issues with your legacy BlackBerry device?

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-04-14 12:53 PM
    Not good, but fortunately they're on it.
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-04-14 01:11 PM
    No issues on SaskTel, two devices, working all morning with BBM and emails.
    03-04-14 01:43 PM
    one legacy device with Bell, still down as of 8:00pm MST
    03-04-14 10:05 PM
    Still out now?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:50 PM
    Still out now?

Posted via CB10
    just checked (wifes phone), 9:25pm MST and working fine now.
    03-04-14 11:27 PM
    We just received a notice from our work BB IT group that the problem is recurring today. i just tested though and both my personal Telus BIS BB and my work Bell BIS BB are working fine with BBM, email and web. Most (almost all) of our department is on Rogers so perhaps the problem is limited just to Rogers or maybe points farther west (I'm in Atlantic Canada).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-05-14 09:53 AM
    Grabs popcorn and lawn chair...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    03-05-14 10:03 AM
    Time to upgrade to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-14-14 07:53 PM