01-04-14 06:00 PM
130 ... 23456
tools
    Well, you and some on CrackBerry feel this way. Not all BBOS users are the same . I far, far, far, far prefer the BB10 OS to the 9900 that I left behind. There is a little I miss and a lot that I don't (crashes, freezes, hour-glasses, reboots to install an app etc).

Yes, but are you running a Q10 ? Many BBOS users who have not upgraded are looking to have a better experience on a physical keyboard device. Perhaps you might not like BB10 so much on a Q10.

It seems to me that a 3.1 inch screen doesn't suit BB10. I have not had many of the problems that you report on my 9900 and I view a 2.8 inch screen with a trackpad to be equivalent to a 3.1 inch screen with no trackpad. I wanted to like the Q10 but the screen is just too small for me to warrant an upgrade to that device. I am in a waiting mode for what comes down the pike.
    rotorwrench and Legal Eagle like this.
    01-02-14 04:03 PM
    I expect some markets to see OS7 be phased tou sooner than others
    01-02-14 04:05 PM
    Problem is there's just so very very very few of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And unfortunately, not enough of you either! :-) But I posit that the issue is less about what OSes have and don't have and more about what apps run on those OSes, public perception of stability etc.
    01-02-14 04:15 PM
    Not really, Can't I get my android apps from Google Play on my Nexus and transfer the apk to a BB10.2.1 device ? Maybe Foxconn might bring out a BB10.2.1 tablet on their own. They have ambitions.
    Licensing BB10 to run on a tablet just to get Android seems to be the long way around when one could get Android for free. Unless of course they want to pave their own way.
    01-02-14 04:17 PM
    Yes, but are you running a Q10 ?
    Admittedly, I am not.

Many BBOS users who have not upgraded are looking to have a better experience on a physical keyboard device.
    I haven't gone out and talked to the many BBOS users who haven't to see why, but I know when I tried the Q10, I see your point personally. It was just instinctive for me to reach out and want to grab buttons that were no longer there and the screen felt cramped. Whereas, the Z10 felt like a PlayBook in a smaller factor. In fact, I think CrackBerry's survey noted that Z10 users were actually happier than Q10 users because the experience didn't cause such cognitive dissonance.

I have not had many of the problems that you report on my 9900
    You're lucky! I was doing battery pulls daily at the end and went to iOS for a year.
    01-02-14 04:19 PM
    Why not offer the exchange offers from day one?

IMO, waiting until 2015 to offer it is extremely dumb because some people don't even know about BB10, that its a completely new OS, might switch to the competition just because of that, might switch to competiton because the competiton has cheaper options or possibly other reasons.
    This^^
    01-02-14 04:22 PM
    As soon as the Jakarta is ready they need to stop selling all low end BBOS devices in developing markets. They need to tell corporate BES customers that they will stop making BBOS phones soon and give them assistance to implement BES10 and they will convert all existing BES5 licenses to BES10 for free. Give them unbelievable deals on Q10 and Z10 and Z30 to aid in the migrations. BBOS device sales need to stop ASAP. This is the best way to get people to migrate. You might lose some customers, but you are telling everyone you are 100% in and committed to BB10 and that is where all of your marketing and Corporate efforts need to go.

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep and 00stryder like this.
    01-02-14 04:24 PM
    Looks like Legacy OS still has a long lifespan

http://blackberryempire.com/blackber...ware-services/

Legacy devices EOL Dec 2015 [Updated: Not Happening]-img_20140102_173046_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-02-14 04:32 PM
    Why not offer the exchange offers from day one?

IMO, waiting until 2015 to offer it is extremely dumb because some people don't even know about BB10, that its a completely new OS, might switch to the competition just because of that, might switch to competiton because the competiton has cheaper options or possibly other reasons.
    But if we're talking about people that don't know about BB10, how are they going to know about the trade-in option? In other words, if the problem is knowledge of BB10 among OS 7 users, why not just inform them about BB10 in the same way you would a trade-in program?
    01-02-14 05:05 PM
    Didn't I read on CB somewhere that the Foxconn deal was a Thor initiative inherited by Chen?

I wonder how committed to the Foxconn deal Chen is? After all, given the warehouses full of BB10 inventory, he doesn't need any more BB10 devices built by Foxconn to pursue his enterprise plan.
    I have heard the same. The Foxconn deal may however still make sense as I believe they can do it way cheaper than BlackBerry ever could. My personal take is that the enterprise will be supplied by BB while the mass market will be supplied by the Foxconn venture. How long they will keep this up is another question.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-02-14 05:12 PM
    Looks like Legacy OS still has a long lifespan

http://blackberryempire.com/blackber...ware-services/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140102_173046_edit.png 
Views:	588 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	235462

Posted via CB10
    This is very very interesting: India being reprimanded by head office since there are loads of corporates still on legacy and that market can't be squandered right now!!

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-02-14 05:17 PM
    Do they still sell BBOS BES to enterprises or just BES10 now?
    01-02-14 05:37 PM
    Do they still sell BBOS BES to enterprises or just BES10 now?
    I thought they stopped? I think you still need BES5 to use BBOS devices at a certain OS level, but I'm not entirely sure... I just remember an article from the spring/summertime from Chris Umi about where BlackBerry was going with Enterprise and trying to capture the MDM market by managing iOS and Android devices through BES10.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 05:54 PM
    This article seems to contradict what Chen is saying. Isn't the Jakarta model going to be a low end device? And isn't low end synonymous with entry level or I am getting the terminology wrong?
    You are quite right. The Jakarta is supposed to be an entry-level BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Although the same was once said of the BlackBerry Q5.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    00stryder likes this.
    01-02-14 06:13 PM
    BlackBerry Mexico all over again...

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 07:03 PM
    01-02-14 07:17 PM
    Support vs produce comes to mind. Maybe I missed it, but does it say continue to produce or just support?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 07:28 PM
    This brings to mind the time one twitter account was confirming that BB10 was coming to the playbook for sure. Don't know if it was an official account....but still I wouldn' t be surprised.

COME ON GUYS GET IT TOGETHER.
    01-02-14 07:49 PM
    This all sounds like the right thing for BlackBerry to do but if they are going to transition OS7 users to BB10, they better work on adding in the features of OS7 that never made it to BB10. I can easily see OS7 users switching and then missing the core features and then leaving the platform for good. Just like a lot of us did.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    01-02-14 08:01 PM
    This brings to mind the time one twitter account was confirming that BB10 was coming to the playbook for sure. Don't know if it was an official account....but still I wouldn' t be surprised.

COME ON GUYS GET IT TOGETHER.
    Yep, was the Mexican official BlackBerry twitter account iirc
    Tweet pulled immediately after. Sometimes it seems so weird that a company focused on communication, seems to have a lack of communication inside their various departments

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 08:01 PM
    Update: Still Supported
    01-02-14 08:02 PM
    I thought they stopped? I think you still need BES5 to use BBOS devices at a certain OS level, but I'm not entirely sure... I just remember an article from the spring/summertime from Chris Umi about where BlackBerry was going with Enterprise and trying to capture the MDM market by managing iOS and Android devices through BES10.

Posted via CB10
    Software is free, and you can still buy the BBOS CALS. https://usenterprisestore.ecomm.weba...ftware-p1.html

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    01-02-14 08:12 PM
    This all sounds like the right thing for BlackBerry to do but if they are going to transition OS7 users to BB10, they better work on adding in the features of OS7 that never made it to BB10. I can easily see OS7 users switching and then missing the core features and then leaving the platform for good. Just like a lot of us did.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    I miss BIS email on my Q10.
    01-02-14 08:16 PM
    As soon as the Jakarta is ready they need to stop selling all low end BBOS devices in developing markets. They need to tell corporate BES customers that they will stop making BBOS phones soon and give them assistance to implement BES10 and they will convert all existing BES5 licenses to BES10 for free. Give them unbelievable deals on Q10 and Z10 and Z30 to aid in the migrations. BBOS device sales need to stop ASAP. This is the best way to get people to migrate. You might lose some customers, but you are telling everyone you are 100% in and committed to BB10 and that is where all of your marketing and Corporate efforts need to go.

Posted via CB10
    Unless you actually live in Indonesia or similar I don't think you should making prescriptions of what consumers should be buying there. If Jakarta is any good sales will come.

It is not enough to stop making BBOS devices. Even if I want to upgrade my 9900, it doesn't mean that I want a Q10 or a Z10. They have to finalize their OS, bring on android apps and improve the Z10 & Q10 hardware.
    01-02-14 10:56 PM
    Yes, but are you running a Q10 ? Many BBOS users who have not upgraded are looking to have a better experience on a physical keyboard device. Perhaps you might not like BB10 so much on a Q10.

It seems to me that a 3.1 inch screen doesn't suit BB10. I have not had many of the problems that you report on my 9900 and I view a 2.8 inch screen with a trackpad to be equivalent to a 3.1 inch screen with no trackpad. I wanted to like the Q10 but the screen is just too small for me to warrant an upgrade to that device. I am in a waiting mode for what comes down the pike.
    I agree. I love my 9930. No crashing, battery or lag issues. It's been a business and personal workhorse for 2yrs and still going strong. As of two weeks ago my company is now upgraded completely to BB10 and now we are having a lot of requests to go back to our 9930s. These are work/productivity phones, not entertainment devices for us, as well as most Enterprise users. A lot of the speed/productivity features haven't reached BB10 yet, and while many may disagree, that's their opinion, because a lot of Enterprise users feel the same way and their opinion is just as valid.

I'm sure BB10 will get there but these comments advocating the dropping of OS7 support and devices and tough luck to the users is ridiculous. All that would accomplish is to force many of the Enterprise subscribers to consider other platforms, which they would. Better to wean them off OS7 and legacy devices gradually and at their choice rather than forced. Never a good business move forcing a customer into anything. Resentment rarely fosters brand loyalty. Good move by BB in my opinion.
    xanadome likes this.
    01-03-14 02:20 AM
130 ... 23456