01-04-14 06:00 PM
130 12345 ...
tools
    I was thinking the same thing. Seems to be a disconnect here.

Posted via CB10
    I'll ask again.....WHY ARE THESE REGIONAL OFFICES ALLOWED TO HAVE TWITTER ACCOUNTS? Or even to otherwise SPEAK? There is no reason this guy needs to be giving interviews. So many times in the past they have issued statements completely contradictory to anything coming out of Waterloo. This is bushleague stuff and it continues to make BBRY look like clowns.

FIX IT, CHEN!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    LuvULongTime and dannykavs like this.
    01-02-14 11:56 AM
    And why would that surprise you Mr. Negative.

Posted via CB10
    Because love cannot save a company and so is talking to death about how good their products are, especially when that company is Blackberry. Good sales figures may help.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-02-14 12:08 PM
    I'll ask again.....WHY ARE THESE REGIONAL OFFICES ALLOWED TO HAVE TWITTER ACCOUNTS? Or even to otherwise SPEAK? There is no reason this guy needs to be giving interviews. So many times in the past they have issued statements completely contradictory to anything coming out of Waterloo. This is bushleague stuff and it continues to make BBRY look like clowns.

FIX IT, CHEN!

Maybe he is upset, he expected "Mumbai", not "Jakarta" ....
    01-02-14 12:20 PM
    Maybe he is upset, he was expecting "Mumbai", not "Jakarta" ....
    agreed

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 12:21 PM
    Don't talk to me about 2015 when I can't even get freekin OS 10. 2 when it was released months ago! And I can't walk into a store and buy a Z30!

BlackBerry...what could you possibly be thinking? You don't have years to figure this out. You're being stomped into oblivion now! You?ve got weeks...not years...not even months.

Get your act together NOW. Work with carriers to insure timely software updates. Figure out a way for customers to purchase your awesome devices without having to fly to Malaysia to buy 'em! Hell...just build a marketing plan that lets the world know you even build a full touch screen (cuz most don't even know that!).

Honestly...I love ya but I just can't keep making excuses for ya anymore.

Posted via CB10
    lnichols and bbq10l like this.
    01-02-14 12:24 PM
    So this means BB10 has two years to sink or swim.

Assuming they don't bleed out (cash-wise) first.
    Or be absorbed into another company
    01-02-14 12:24 PM
    Get your act together NOW. Work with carriers to insure timely software updates.
    i appreciate the frustration, but what exactly would you do if you were in their shoes to "work with the carriers to get timely software updates", particularly in the USA? It's a bit of an empty comment - US carriers just have no interest in rolling it out. Almost every other country has 10.2 and 10.1 is the lowest common OS - but is still in use in the US.
    01-02-14 12:27 PM
    Marketing, marketing, marketing.

Here...now!

Nobody even knows what's available...so how do they expect ANYTHING to happen?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 12:30 PM
    2 years is fair, no problem. I hope they meant this being the time required to offer alternatives to BBOS and its devices.
    The 9900 is an excellent messaging device, fully capable of standing on its own, against the onslaught of iPhones and Androids, which was the very reason why starting from the scratch on BB10 was a mistake..
    By now, I want to assume that BBRY, particularly the new management team, realized the nature of the crime the former management committed.
    As long as they realized it, there is a glimmer of hope in expecting a Super Bold, Bold on BB10, or something along that line? High end enterprise devices sound good too.
    Or, perhaps the BB10 devices restore all the things that were dropped from the legacies (but fast please). Otherwise, I have no choice but simply dropping the BB altogether. And, if it's all touch slab, why do I have to stick with BB, when I have my iPhone 5s? Choice becomes wide open.
    01-02-14 12:32 PM
    meanwhile, in the same article ....

Price cuts for Q10, Z30, maybe not all but in some markets. And the "Jakarta" is not entry level .... ?(?)
    It is entry level, but it's not heading to India (at least not at first)

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 01:05 PM
    Ok so I just read this and the guy who switched to the Q10 is stupid. So his Q10 doesn't work the same as his 9930 so he wants to give it back and try a NEW OS? Either way the ***** is trying something new and none of the other OS's will give him the feeling of his 9930. The logic of these people who are going to make the switch from old BlackBerrys to new ones is going to be ******** because they don't wanna go to bb10 because it doesn't have the same feeling but will switch to ios because it has apps. But you didn't care about apps 2 weeks ago when you had your old bb. Somebody make sense of that.

Posted via CB10
    Dude is actually not stupid at all. Stupid guys rarely get into senior corporate positions, and if they do somehow slip in by accident, they are soon back out.

The point I think you're missing is this: here's a guy in BlackBerry's core market. Gets a Q10 because his 9930 broke. Uses it a while and says "this is really different and kind of sucks...let me see what else is out there."

That is the risk that the poster I originally quoted was describing, and I'm seeing it actually play out. If BB10 doesn't keep this type of user in the fold the outlook is poor.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    bbq10l likes this.
    01-02-14 01:14 PM
    WHY ARE THESE REGIONAL OFFICES ALLOWED TO HAVE TWITTER ACCOUNTS? Or even to otherwise SPEAK? There is no reason this guy needs to be giving interviews.
    The most important consumer markets, right now, for Blackberry are in the East and similar regions so you certainly wouldn't want interviews to be only of the management in North America. In fact, one would hope that these decisions would be made by regional managers who know how their customers are likely to respond.
    01-02-14 01:20 PM
    The most important consumer markets, right now, for Blackberry are in the East and similar regions so you certainly wouldn't want interviews to be only of the management in North America. In fact, one would hope that these decisions would be made by regional managers who know how their customers are likely to respond.
    Well then they at least need to coordinate with the home office!

You make a fair point though. I always tend to think "Why don't they just follow Apple's example?!" (And I don't mean mimic Apple's corporate philosophy of "tell the customer what they want" or anything like that. But NOBODY does operations and execution as efficiently as Apple.)

But yeah I take your meaning. Right now Apple and BlackBerry are targeting two very different markets.
    01-02-14 01:25 PM
    That is the risk that the poster I originally quoted was describing, and I'm seeing it actually play out. If BB10 doesn't keep this type of user in the fold the outlook is poor.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    I wish you didn't said this, if people cannot even figure this out, then it is just too bad ....
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-02-14 01:54 PM
    Personally I always thought it was a good idea for businesses to give customers what they want, rather than tell them what they should be wanting...
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-02-14 03:03 PM
    As long as they realized it, there is a glimmer of hope in expecting a Super Bold, Bold on BB10, or something along that line? High end enterprise devices sound good too.
    BTW, slightly different subject; I am a known Bold Holdout but not blindly hanging onto it . While my 9900 is great for my use pattern (messaging device and email reader etc), I am also aware that things should progress. I just do not believe the current BB10 devices are not necessarily a progress.
    Lately, I plunged into installing the hybrid software in my 9900, and there was a marked difference in the performance (I meant to do this much earlier but I am a Mac user, and just opening an .exe file alone was a chore, but I am now using a PC too ;-). The browser, for example, really became usable, which was not the case before. It was one of the few weak points of the legacies. Now, I can use the 9900 browser for casual browsing (Internet search etc), except any heavy lifting in this area, which is still done by my iPhone, but better still, my iPad.
    This meant to me that there was more room for the improvement in the legacies than I thought. It is just that RIM/BBRY was sticking mainly to messaging and text oriented applications (those "little moments of delight", which are missing in the BB10 devices, are working well, though), but did not put more efforts in the browsing and graphic rendering area, using obsolete hardware specs. I never had any bricking, or seldom experienced hourglass etc, except when I really pushed the 9900 to the limit. BBRY's real saving grace would be to significantly upgrade the Bold hardware spec (at least for now), or in-plant the whole BBOS programs on the BB10 platform (snails pace and incremental upgrade will kill them). Enough said already :-).
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    01-02-14 03:14 PM
    Exactly my sentiments, like I posted before. There really seems to be a bit of a disconnect with the Foxconn plans.
    Didn't I read on CB somewhere that the Foxconn deal was a Thor initiative inherited by Chen?

I wonder how committed to the Foxconn deal Chen is? After all, given the warehouses full of BB10 inventory, he doesn't need any more BB10 devices built by Foxconn to pursue his enterprise plan.
    01-02-14 03:30 PM
    So this means BB10 has two years to sink or swim.

Assuming they don't bleed out (cash-wise) first.

5 years. They won't have anymore write offs since Foxconn will take the hit.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-02-14 03:32 PM
    Personally I always thought it was a good idea for businesses to give customers what they want, rather than tell them what they should be wanting...
    Henry Ford would of given faster horses instead of cars. If that's what you mean.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-02-14 03:33 PM
    I
    With bb10 the problem is on many levels. BBOS users don't like the new UI, they're missing buttons and apps they already purchased on the old platform as well as many free apps, BB News for example or Social Feeds.
    Well, you and some on CrackBerry feel this way. Not all BBOS users are the same . I far, far, far, far prefer the BB10 OS to the 9900 that I left behind. There is a little I miss and a lot that I don't (crashes, freezes, hour-glasses, reboots to install an app etc).
    ray689 likes this.
    01-02-14 03:39 PM
    If BlackBerry doesn't release a new tablet they'll be non-players in the mobile computing market. The exodus to Apple and Samsung will accelerate among many profeesional-class BlackBerry users in healthcare, education, and other areas where tablet use is increasing. Dumb move by BlackBerry management if true, No, I don't want a phablet.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    This is exactly why this must be taken with one huge grain of NaCl. To completely dismiss the tablet market is a mistake at this point. Also, they do/did have plans for a tablet, they may have now be cancelled or possibly tabled but it was in the works.
    01-02-14 03:40 PM
    Well, you and some on CrackBerry feel this way. Not all BBOS users are the same . I far, far, far, far prefer the BB10 OS to the 9900 that I left behind. There is a little I miss and a lot that I don't (crashes, freezes, hour-glasses, reboots to install an app etc).
    Same here.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 03:47 PM
    This is exactly why this must be taken with one huge grain of NaCl. To completely dismiss the tablet market is a mistake at this point. Also, they do/did have plans for a tablet, they may have now be cancelled or possibly tabled but it was in the works.
    Not really, Can't I get my android apps from Google Play on my Nexus and transfer the apk to a BB10.2.1 device ? Maybe Foxconn might bring out a BB10.2.1 tablet on their own. They have ambitions.
    01-02-14 03:53 PM
    Problem is there's just so very very very few of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    01-02-14 03:57 PM
    In two years, the market can move very much.
    Blackberry may have more offers for those with BB7, can strengthen before.
    01-02-14 04:02 PM
130 12345 ...