10-12-13 04:25 PM
43 12
tools
    Once one is certified as a class, the others would be folded into it.
    10-10-13 01:53 PM
    I believe he said they have a shot at third place.
    They had NO shot.

What about:
    The q10 would sell tens of millions of units.
    Or
    Tablets(iPads) have no future.

You know what, let's start at the beginning,Jan 2012:

RIM's New CEO Thorsten Heins Says No 'Drastic Change Needed' To Revive Company

"Sure, Research in Motion's stock price has plummeted, its market share is dwindling, and its offerings are an afterthought. But that doesn't mean anything major needs to change.
    That was the optimistic message from Research in Motion's newly appointed chief executive Thorsten Heins, who on Monday replaced the beleaguered BlackBerry-maker's co-executives Jim Basillie and Mike Laziridis at the helm of the company. In his first conference call as CEO, Heins suggested it would be business as usual at RIM -- which experts say is the last thing the company needs."

Or

"Heins said his plan to reinvigorate RIM's growth will focus on better marketing and more efficient product development processes, though Heins later noted that his intent to scale the company was not a seismic change.
    The company appears to have pinned its hopes for wooing consumers away from Apple and Android on a yet-to-be-hired chief marketing officer, who will assume responsibility for pushing RIM products and soliciting consumer feedback to shape the company's devices."

The writing on the wall perhaps?

"'We need to be more marketing driven and we need to be more consumer oriented because this is where a lot of the growth is coming from,' Heins said. 'I want us to focus more on the consumer and on consumer marketing.'"

Not anymore.

Or how about.

'will not in any way split [RIM] into different businesses.'

One more.

"'I don't think there is some drastic change needed, Heins said. We are evolving. We're evolving our strategy, we're evolving our tactics, our processes.'"

Much more can be found here:
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1224326

Thor the gift just keeps on giving
    -RIM blackberry
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-10-13 07:59 PM
    What about...
    I apologize if I missed something, but none of the "quotes" you included are a legitimate basis for a lawsuit. A shareholder cannot sue because of a poor strategy, changing business approaches or missed expectations. It may be justification for the shareholders choosing to vote in new directors or the directors deciding to change CEOs, but nothing actionable here.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 09:35 AM
    I apologize if I missed something, but none of the "quotes" you included are a legitimate basis for a lawsuit. A shareholder cannot sue because of a poor strategy, changing business approaches or missed expectations. It may be justification for the shareholders choosing to vote in new directors or the directors deciding to change CEOs, but nothing actionable here.

Posted via CB10
    I presume you are a lawyer familiar with this case?
    There is no doubt that management made misleading statements.
    If that is actionable, then there is something here. "Remain calm, all is well" is not a strategy.
    10-12-13 09:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am neither a lawyer or a shareholder.
    10-12-13 12:21 PM
    ive posted many in the past years. not only false information, but just blatant lies/bias. like... "Z10 is a failure because it has no home button" the day of launch. things like that.
    Would seem to be protected first amendment speech, can't see how they would be anything but thrown out of court.
    10-12-13 12:24 PM
    Nothing to worry about. None of these will ever come to anything

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 12:25 PM
    Ever!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 12:25 PM
    Shorts have been and still using anything they can bring down sp to less than$ 5. Over 2 billion dollars at stake. Why would not they spend millions to make billions.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 01:10 PM
    Nothing to worry about. None of these will ever come to anything
    How do you know that for sure?
    10-12-13 01:13 PM
    Sadly, I reckon nothing will come of any of these suits either.

While I am sure that the court of public opinion would convict the entire Board of making deliberately misleading statements intended to deceive and manipulate the market and public, I doubt that it'll cross the bar necessary to succeed in a real court.

I'm sure that a legal weasel eagle could easily argue that many of Thor's quotes: "exceeding our expectations", "expect to sell tens of millions", etc; were entirely true... and Thor can't be held liable for the interpretations that others put on his words.

We were certainly "led to believe" that BB10 was going gangbusters but I strongly suspect you won't find any clear and unambiguous statement from Thor that is actionable.
    10-12-13 02:50 PM
    Shorts have been and still using anything they can bring down sp to less than$ 5. Over 2 billion dollars at stake. Why would not they spend millions to make billions.

Posted via CB10
    Right - the shorts - they are always a good excuse. They do seem to be successful.
    10-12-13 03:18 PM
    Media didn't cause the Z10 to fail

For the most part the Z10 got some pretty good reviews, both hardware and software. Yes there were a couple of haters, but overall the lauch reviews were positive.
    Yes, BlackBerry has made mistakes it the past, but so have others. What company could survive the negative media that this company has endured over the last 4 years. Look at the 16 issues that the new IOS7 has, not hearing too much about that in the media. Sure their management and marketing sucks. I buy BlackBerry because I like the features, not anything else.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 03:55 PM
    So why hasn't BlackBerry responded? For four years (your words) they've been beaten up and they have done NOTHING to reply.
    10-12-13 03:57 PM
    So why hasn't BlackBerry responded? For four years (your words) they've been beaten up and they have done NOTHING to reply.
    Like I said, it's the management and marketing, I have no control over that. As long as they make a phone I like, I will continue to buy one.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 04:02 PM
    I think they should drop this lawsuit.
    10-12-13 04:09 PM
    I think they should drop this lawsuit.
    Why? And there are several lawsuits now. Not one.
    10-12-13 04:16 PM
    they are trolling for cheap settlement dollars from BB to avoid litigation threats hanging up a deal in any way. helps them keep their trophy wives in fake furs.
    10-12-13 04:25 PM
43 12