12-12-15 08:53 PM
51 123
tools
    Kidding aside, would you prefer more terrorist attacks (like in France) or government snooping?

Our desire for more privacy means terrorist (and others) freely planning our destruction, too bad there isn't a middle ground...
    11-16-15 08:18 PM
    What does it matter if you have nothing to hide?
    How does that saying go? If you have nothing to hide is like saying I don't care about free speech cause I have nothing to say.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-16-15 08:38 PM
    What does it matter if you have nothing to hide?
    He didn't say he didn't have anything to hide. All the same comments to these types of threads.

What if I make a aluminum foil case for my phone, do you experts think that will enable me to carry my phone during one of my many crimes? LoL

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 08:42 PM
    Wow, you're right. Heck, don't just take some of my rights...they can take away all of my constitutional rights, I don't need them! I'm a law abiding citizen, after all, so why do I need rights? Burn the Bill of Rights, throw out the Constitution. I'm sure it'll work out just fine. I've never known politicians, the government, or the police to ever abuse the system for their/its own gain at the expense of tax-paying citizens.

Do people like this even realize what they're saying?

Posted via CB10
    This is the 1st and only time I'll ever say this but...^^^THIS

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 08:44 PM
    Kidding aside, would you prefer more terrorist attacks (like in France) or government snooping?

Our desire for more privacy means terrorist (and others) freely planning our destruction, too bad there isn't a middle ground...
    Its not such a simple choice of only two ways to go. Many ways and degrees are available. Your question is very narrow minded.
    You can have both. . Spy on the enemy, not your citizens.
    11-17-15 02:59 PM
    Some folks just do not understand what a right, in this sense, means. We must protect our rights and insure others do not toss them aside.
    11-17-15 03:02 PM
    Its not such a simple choice of only two ways to go. Many ways and degrees are available. Your question is very narrow minded.
    You can have both. . Spy on the enemy, not your citizens.
    My question narrow minded??? Let me hold up the mirror...

IP Packets don't come with an "enemy" flag so citizen packets must be inspected to identify friend from foe. Also, there is that thin line when friends become foe. So to section off a portion of cyber space as "safe" or "citizen" would be to our own detriment.

I understand your concerns, but unfortunately this era of terrorism has blurred the "enemy/citizen" lines. Example, everyone on a flight must be checked since we have "enemy only" seats. Everyone in a stadium must be checked since again, we don't issue "enemy" tickets. So it is with IP Packets... To your point, it's what we do with safe packets. Yes, they're not blindly discarded, but doing so might prove a mistake down the road... In this case I agree with the "better safe than sorry" theory...

Not to mention we have "citizens", like say Aryan Nation who embrace the beliefs of our WWII enemy. You want freedom of religion, doesn't that mean a Mosque may be in your backyard with citizen worshipers plotting your demise? Hard to tell the citizen/enemy line there...

Freedom is really a relative term, otherwise, our government would be protecting our enemies freedom (rights) to be our enemy, since like it or not, some of our enemies are technically citizens???
    wolfee48 and kbz1960 like this.
    11-18-15 02:15 AM

IP Packets don't come with an "enemy" flag so citizen packets must be inspected to identify friend from foe. Also, there is that thin line when friends become foe. So to section off a portion of cyber space as "safe" or "citizen" would be to our own detriment.

I understand your concerns, but unfortunately this era of terrorism has blurred the "enemy/citizen" lines. Example, everyone on a flight must be checked since we have "enemy only" seats. Everyone in a stadium must be checked since again, we don't issue "enemy" tickets. So it is with IP Packets... To your point, it's what we do with safe packets. Yes, they're not blindly discarded, but doing so might prove a mistake down the road... In this case I agree with the "better safe than sorry" theory...

Not to mention we have "citizens", like say Aryan Nation who embrace the beliefs of our WWII enemy. You want freedom of religion, doesn't that mean a Mosque may be in your backyard with citizen worshipers plotting your demise? Hard to tell the citizen/enemy line there...

Freedom is really a relative term, otherwise, our government would be protecting our enemies freedom (rights) to be our enemy, since like it or not, some of our enemies are technically citizens???
    Should I be concerned with the mosque on my street? They seem like a friendly bunch. I really can't see them plotting our demise. They have an open door policy. Anyone can walk in.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 09:16 AM

Doesn't seem to be working. Your theory in practice.

Posted via CB10
    DaveyBoy71 likes this.
    11-18-15 09:18 AM
    Worried about them tracking your purchases to make a bomb at different locations and then tracking the explosion to you?

Unless you're doing things like that they don't care if you've been seeing your mistress or watching or going to the pron store. They really don't care what you do if you're not planning nefarious activities.

But, yes it sucks our world has come to this.
    11-18-15 10:16 AM
    If you ever listen to the "Serial" podcast on NPR, using various phone companies cell records didn't clear anything up. Course that was a more primitive time

Wonder how long it will be before someone borrows a phone and commits a crime, returns the phone and the phones owner goes to jail because of the GPS trail and cell tower pings.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    11-18-15 12:14 PM
    So:
    1. this option is disabled by default (tested this with a new Android device)
    2. users can enable and disable this at any time
    3. users can delete all this data if they so desire

I honestly don't understand what exactly is the problem here.
    How can you not understand? Why does Google a private company need to know that much about you? Do you like the fact that they can take that information about (as they own it) and sell it to businesses to advertise or take advantage of you in some unsuspecting way?

Do you honestly believe that you are deleting all the info and data acquired when you delete it on your device?

To the people that say who cares and why is it a big deal I say you are the naive ignorant one not the person who thinks this is a problem.

All those are unconcerned should watch "Terms and Conditions Apply " a great documentary on this which is on Netflix.

Posted via CB10
    medic22003 and BB_PP like this.
    12-10-15 12:48 PM

In other words BB10 is terrorist's play store? Inability of agencies and 99.9999% has to pay price by violating their rights!

Posted via Passport
    sonicpix likes this.
    12-10-15 01:41 PM
    Some odd reason Google thinks I'm 200 miles away from where I am. Useless business searches without me actually putting in the city

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 08:14 PM
    In other words BB10 is terrorist's play store? Inability of agencies and 99.9999% has to pay price by violating their rights!

Posted via Passport
    IOW, we don't know where the next terrorist is playing just as those in San Bernardino had no idea who their neighbors were. We could mandate all terrorist and white supremacist use iOS and live in certain parts of town which would declare BB10 and other neighborhoods safe but they're not known to be law abiding citizens... So it's very hypocritical to demand more privacy while saying, "Inability of agencies" since enabling the agencies unfortunately compromises the privacy of the 99.9999%...

Lastly, Google is a private company whose use is optional. Getting mad at them is like patronizing an establishment with your debit card then being mad because they have your card number... Remember, they can't give the government what they don't have...
    12-11-15 09:48 PM
    IOW, we don't know where the next terrorist is playing just as those in San Bernardino had no idea who their neighbors were. We could mandate all terrorist and white supremacist use iOS and live in certain parts of town which would declare BB10 and other neighborhoods safe but they're not known to be law abiding citizens... So it's very hypocritical to demand more privacy while saying, "Inability of agencies" since enabling the agencies unfortunately compromises the privacy of the 99.9999%...

Lastly, Google is a private company whose use is optional. Getting mad at them is like patronizing an establishment with your debit card then being mad because they have your card number... Remember, they can't give the government what they don't have...
    Don't forget the black panthers, ms13, and other dangerous people like lawyers

Posted via CB10
    Soapm and sonicpix like this.
    12-11-15 10:23 PM

I am not mad at Google! It's your/our choice to choose Google or any other OS. I am not defending terrorist here, I hate terrorism and I wish zero terrorism worldwide! But still I prefer a little privacy. Why don't we pass a bill and let law enforcement enter in your home anytime they want

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 03:25 AM
    I am not mad at Google! It's your/our choice to choose Google or any other OS. I am not defending terrorist here, I hate terrorism and I wish zero terrorism worldwide! But still I prefer a little privacy. Why don't we pass a bill and let law enforcement enter in your home anytime they want

Posted via Passport
    I know that was sarcasm, but No knock raids are currently legal, they just need to be approved by a judge which is a layer of protection I agree with even though we both know the "reason" is sometimes manufactured...

As for privacy, you probably have more in this country than most on the earth. But just as freedom is really free, privacy too has limitations. What you're asking for is total anonymity which again, allows you or your neighbor to be like the ones in San Bernardino which then makes your "Inability of agencies" comment very hypocritical at best.

And It's not just the current "scare" words like terrorism that should motivate our suspicions, the pervert next door could be taking pictures of your little girl. They want you to focus on a middle eastern guy wearing a bomb under his overcoat while the factory upriver could be dumping toxic waste into your drinking water. If I had my choice, I'd prefer to go quickly in the bomb blast...

The point is we got some sick people living among us and 99.9999% may not reflect the true innocent ones paying the price... I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 50/50 when you throw in the lawyers, perverts, gangs, "die for my cause like abortion", etc... ROFL...
    12-12-15 11:40 AM
    The problem isn't law enforcement but groups and organizations other than law enforcement. The purpose of tracking isn't often to track where you are right now but to log your behaviour, what contacts you have, what do you buy and so on.
    Good point, I forgot about the jr. hacker just trying to make a name for themselves...

I had heard how those places turn neighbor against neighbor, but 1/3??? That means either the neighbor on your right or left is spying on you...
    12-12-15 11:45 AM

Oh give me a break. You have been taught to live if fear. Be very afraid...everyone is a potential enemy. Go buy lots of guns. Carry your guns to Walmart.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 12:04 PM

Posted via Passport
    >>>>>> <<<<<
    12-12-15 01:51 PM
    Good point, I forgot about the jr. hacker just trying to make a name for themselves...

I had heard how those places turn neighbor against neighbor, but 1/3??? That means either the neighbor on your right or left is spying on you...
    Or may be left and right neighbours are terrorists

Posted via Passport
    12-12-15 02:07 PM
    I have a clearance from my state patrol as being non criminal and able to access sensitive information such as criminal histories and records. Do I need to be tracked every time I use a phone or even just turn one on? No, and neither do the majority of citizens anywhere. It's all about control and THEIR security not ours. People just wake up please. It's about CONTROL.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    Scott Walker had a clearance and at one time kept America's secrets, but one day he began selling them to the Russians. So to answer your question, YES, it would be silly for us to think once cleared always cleared...
    12-12-15 03:25 PM
    Scott Walker had a clearance and at one time kept America's secrets, but one day he began selling them to the Russians. So to answer your question, YES, it would be silly for us to think once cleared always cleared...
    So we should all just be spied on just in case without any justification? Not buying it. Sad sad sad that people have been brainwashed into thinking this is ok.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    12-12-15 06:13 PM
    Closed for review
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-12-15 08:37 PM
51 123