12-12-15 08:53 PM
51 123
tools
    "Googles Timeline feature can provide investigators unprecedented access to users location history data, allowing them in many cases to track a persons every move over the course of years, according to a report recently circulated to law enforcement."

https://theintercept.com/2015/11/06/...ur-every-move/

Great news for all Priv lovers!!

Good luck!
    ssbtech, Q10Bold, Mansoor2 and 1 others like this.
    11-09-15 06:47 PM
    thread moved up a level. Nothing related to BBRY (the stock).
    SF
    11-09-15 06:57 PM
    you can also shut that feature off and not worry if you want. Also delete the previously acquired data.
    11-09-15 06:57 PM
    Sorry dude, the moment you turn on a phone the police, NSA, CISIS and the phone company knows where you are within 15 feet. You only need 3 cell phone towers to triangulate your position. With GPS they can find you within 3 feet.

Posted via CB10
    anon(55900) likes this.
    11-09-15 09:53 PM
    Law enforcement can get more-or-less the same information from your carrier, and you don't have the option of shutting that off. And this is true even on "dumb phones" made in the last dozen or more years. But, yes, we don't have enough fear-mongering...
    11-09-15 09:58 PM
    You also leave finger prints, DNA and witnesses behind, just end it man, they got you...
    11-09-15 10:20 PM
    That's why in The Wire they use burners.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 07:55 AM
    I've seen enough Breaking Bad episodes to know how to handle this issue. Just break the phone in half and throw it away.
    pantlesspenguin and Yatezy like this.
    11-10-15 08:24 AM
    This story pops up and gets recycled every year (it's definitely nothing new). "Location History" is an opt-in service, and as mentioned, can be turned off and cleared/deleted at any time. If you don't like the idea of Location History services, just don't turn it on. You can have "Location" service turned on (for gps etc) and still have Location History off.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-10-15 10:10 AM
    What does it matter if you have nothing to hide?
    11-10-15 10:15 AM
    Sorry dude, the moment you turn on a phone the police, NSA, CISIS and the phone company knows where you are within 15 feet. You only need 3 cell phone towers to triangulate your position. With GPS they can find you within 3 feet.

Posted via CB10
    So the criminals will lure law enforcement into an ambush just as the US Army Cavalry did to the North American Indian. Situational awareness keeps you alive, stupidity makes you dead.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    11-10-15 10:16 AM
    A rogue government agent might want to track down your attractive girlfriend. Law enforcement officers can be stalkers like the "unwashed masses." Remember you are the enemy of the government.

medic22003, deadcowboy and Yertie like this.
    11-10-15 10:20 AM
    A rogue government agent might want to track down your attractive girlfriend. Law enforcement officers can be stalkers like the "unwashed masses." Remember you are the enemy of the government.

I better hone my Jason Bourne skills... I'm being stalked by government assassin's.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    11-10-15 10:23 AM
    It's a question about basic rights. Do you have the basic right to keep your personal information private, or does the government have the basic right to know your personal information, whether or not you have anything to 'hide'?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:06 PM
    It's a question about basic rights. Do you have the basic right to keep your personal information private, or does the government have the basic right to know your personal information, whether or not you have anything to 'hide'?

Posted via CB10
    Basics yes, but this day in age... I'd rather have proof somewhere of where I have been. Either way, they already have all my info...
    11-10-15 12:29 PM
    I'm assuming your front door is always opened and have no window blinds or curtains...because you have nothing to hide

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 02:32 PM
    I better hone my Jason Bourne skills... I'm being stalked by government assassin's.
    It's that kind of ignorance that has allowed an oppressive system to sneak in through the back door.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ιт > 
    11-10-15 02:44 PM
    I'm assuming your front door is always opened and have no window blinds or curtains...because you have nothing to hide

Posted via CB10
    It's that kind of ignorance that has allowed an oppressive system to sneak in through the back door.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ιт > 
    I was joking... we all know any government entity can obtain what they wish through the proper channels, regardless of what we do. So if this is sensitive matter for you... just toss away any modern technology you have.

I belong to a local/state jurisdiction, so it doesn't matter what I do... they already have me.

And please enjoy some humor.
    Burton79 and DarkJoker33 like this.
    11-10-15 03:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget the water, I read they're planting micro transmitters in the city water and once you take a sip they got you...

Oh, and don't look directly at the bell at Taco Bell. Yep, the government has facial recognition software that will transmit your order to the FDA, so Michelle Obama will know you're not eating healthy...
    11-10-15 05:49 PM
    I've never bought into that argument.

There have been plenty of people convicted on circumstantial evidence and - sadly - most judges and jurors see phrases like "digital trail" as 100% incontrovertible truth because they fail to grasp the nuances of such obvious things such as gps inaccuracies, etc.

Posted via CB10
    deadcowboy likes this.
    11-11-15 07:01 PM
    These are things people say right before your democracy turns into a dictatorship

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:04 PM
    It sucks I agree. But if you don't break the law (too much) then you have nothing to worry about.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 09:52 PM
    Wow, you're right. Heck, don't just take some of my rights...they can take away all of my constitutional rights, I don't need them! I'm a law abiding citizen, after all, so why do I need rights? Burn the Bill of Rights, throw out the Constitution. I'm sure it'll work out just fine. I've never known politicians, the government, or the police to ever abuse the system for their/its own gain at the expense of tax-paying citizens.

Do people like this even realize what they're saying?

Posted via CB10
    sonicpix, BerryRipe and medic22003 like this.
    11-11-15 11:49 PM
    So:
    1. this option is disabled by default (tested this with a new Android device)
    2. users can enable and disable this at any time
    3. users can delete all this data if they so desire

I honestly don't understand what exactly is the problem here.
    11-12-15 11:36 AM
    No Priv for me😂
    sonicpix likes this.
    11-13-15 04:13 AM
51 123