12-16-13 06:47 PM
149 ... 3456
tools
    That's not quite accurate, everybody would have a Tesla if they were more affordable than petrol cars.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about "everybody", but you're right that price is the issue for Tesla, not desireability.
    12-09-13 05:20 AM
    I don't know about "everybody", but you're right that price is the issue for Tesla, not desireability.
    I thought that after I posted hehe, I'm a bit of a petrol head myself but for a run around cheap cheap.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 05:38 AM
    You can get away with a model s for $62k. Average American spends $3325 on fuel per year. That's $16,625 over 5 years. Subtract that from $62k and you're at $45,375. Over 10 years it's at 30k. That's a decent investment over the long run. Sort of like cell contracts that trick people for a higher plan but subsidies for phones. Tesla is getting there, they need the proof of longevity now.
    Electricity is free?
    lnichols likes this.
    12-09-13 07:02 AM
    1) we've had the old standby "BB get sh*t done", good to know all the stuff I get done on my non BBs including payroll and managing a store was all in my head.

2) "Probably mad BO supports BB and not Apple" except pretty sure his kids both have iPhone. Not sure what Michelle has, but pretty sure I've seen her with an iPad as well. And hasn't he owned an iPhone in the past?

Can we not have one thread without the catch phrases? The fallacy that only BB can be used to get things done is one that is just silly. /grump

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk
    12-09-13 07:21 AM
    1) we've had the old standby "BB get sh*t done", good to know all the stuff I get done on my non BBs including payroll and managing a store was all in my head.

2) "Probably mad BO supports BB and not Apple" except pretty sure his kids both have iPhone. Not sure what Michelle has, but pretty sure I've seen her with an iPad as well. And hasn't he owned an iPhone in the past?

Can we not have one thread without the catch phrases? The fallacy that only BB can be used to get things done is one that is just silly. /grump

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk
    1) Of course you can get things done on any device. If it involves communication, however, it usually takes longer and is more tedious on non-BlackBerry devices.

2) I couldn't care less what BO or anyone else uses. If you've found something that works for you, I'm genuinely happy for you. And it's okay for me to be happy with my BlackBerry, too.

I don't think anyone has made the claim that ONLY BlackBerry can get things done. Those who love them do tend to claim that it helps them get things done better and more efficiently than any device they've tried before. The iPhone 5 my Z30 replaced was a fantastic device in many ways. The Z30, for me, is just better.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and moody like this.
    12-09-13 07:57 AM
    Someone made that claim early in the thread. It's what I was responding to.
    12-09-13 08:01 AM
    Someone made that claim early in the thread. It's what I was responding to.
    I just skimmed the entire thread again. Nobody claimed BlackBerry was the only platform that gets stuff done.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:16 AM
    Was BlackBerry ever cool? Who says cool anymore anyways. I'm pretty sure smart phones aren't cool anymore. People that want to have a cool stylish phone get accessories. BlackBerry gets **** done. Saying something isn't cool in the news is a great way to make something cool by acting uncool fool. The stupid smart watch will be the next cool thing, even if it is crap. Phones are old.
    I wish the president was cool, ya that would get people to respect him more, it would have nothing to do with his intelligence or presence or status it would be the iPhone that would realy define him.

Ladeda

Posted via CB10
    Bolded for you.
    12-09-13 08:20 AM
    Bolded for you.
    I don't see what you see. The context of the quote is that BlackBerry isn't going for popular or trendy, it's going for functional. Not that it's the ONLY platform that gets stuff done, but that getting stuff done is their focus.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    12-09-13 08:48 AM
    You can get away with a model s for $62k. Average American spends $3325 on fuel per year. That's $16,625 over 5 years. Subtract that from $62k and you're at $45,375. Over 10 years it's at 30k. That's a decent investment over the long run. Sort of like cell contracts that trick people for a higher plan but subsidies for phones. Tesla is getting there, they need the proof of longevity now.
    You're forgetting the cost of electricity to charge it, which is not insubstantial.

Also, the US power grid today does not even approach the required capacity necessary if a significant portion of US citizens switched to electric cars tomorrow. And then there's the issue of getting stuck somewhere with a dead battery and nowhere to charge it.

Fuel cell cars are the future.
    12-09-13 12:54 PM
    You're forgetting the cost of electricity to charge it, which is not insubstantial.

Also, the US power grid today does not even approach the required capacity necessary if a significant portion of US citizens switched to electric cars tomorrow. And then there's the issue of getting stuck somewhere with a dead battery and nowhere to charge it.

Fuel cell cars are the future.
    I agree, I've read conflicting reports about tesla working on fuel cells, definitely makes more sense though.
    12-09-13 01:00 PM
    Apple has that market for life
    For life? Things change quickly, Apple has made marketing campaigns that deserve to be applauded, but all BIG companies struggle against competition at some point....2014 is the year of big changes in the mobile market, now that Apple has fallen from the #1 spot, I don't see Apple on top this coming year either. We shall see!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    12-09-13 11:46 PM
    As far as I know most Americans ignore whatever goes on in California unless it's from Hollywood
    And then 5 years later they try to imitate it
    12-10-13 02:08 PM
    I can't help feeling that the article would be different if Apple was a Canadian company and BlackBerry was designed in California built in China.

Posted via CB10
    Nobody likes to back losers. Apple was on the down and outs at one point as well. Now it's Blackberry's turn. That's the way of things.
    12-10-13 04:28 PM
    Bolded for you.
    You're one of those either/or guys who buys into the BS you're fed from all avenues of marketing, aren't you?
    12-10-13 04:30 PM
    I don't see what you see. The context of the quote is that BlackBerry isn't going for popular or trendy, it's going for functional. Not that it's the ONLY platform that gets stuff done, but that getting stuff done is their focus.

Posted via CB10
    what 'stuff' does it get done that other platforms are incapable of doing?
    12-10-13 04:32 PM
    Apple has that market for life
    Apple has the market on those who only pursue the latest fad, you mean? Fads don't last, though. I don't think Blackberry wants to pursue that fairweather market. Maybe more focused marketing instead of blanket brainwashing..
    12-10-13 04:35 PM
    what 'stuff' does it get done that other platforms are incapable of doing?
    I made no such claim.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    12-10-13 04:47 PM
    I made no such claim.

my bad, i don't even recall replying to a post of yours, lol

It's late in my schedule and I'm tired.. sorry...
    12-10-13 06:57 PM
    my bad, i don't even recall replying to a post of yours, lol

It's late in my schedule and I'm tired.. sorry...
    No worries!

12-10-13 06:59 PM
    No worries!

ah ok i misinterpreted your post, i see it now, my bad lol
    12-10-13 07:07 PM
    If only BlackBerry had poutine it's dictionary, it would surely be on top again. Seriously though wtf, it's a canadian dish.
    12-11-13 07:43 PM
    If only BlackBerry had poutine it's dictionary, it would surely be on top again. Seriously though wtf, it's a canadian dish.

Wrong thread?
    12-11-13 07:51 PM
    Going through Flipboard today I noticed the LA Times article about Obama using BlackBerry for security reasons, and instead of giving BlackBerry credit for its security, it says " BlackBerry is about as cool as owning a car phone" Are you kidding me?!! Instead of giving some praise BB'S way, they once again take another unnecessary jab!
    Take a deep breath, man. It's just bits, hardware, screens, 0's and 1's.. never invest too much of yourself into any tech company. They come and go all the time.

Subjectively speaking, LA Times is not wrong. Blackberry isn't exactly the name it once once. And deservedly so. A company needs to consistently prove itself, and Blackberry has failed at that for years now.

Blackberry may still be known for its security, but do you really want to root for a company that has all its eggs in one basket? That's a recipe for failure, because inevitably the throne will be overtaken by another company.
    12-11-13 09:20 PM
    Take a deep breath, man. It's just bits, hardware, screens, 0's and 1's.. never invest too much of yourself into any tech company. They come and go all the time.

Subjectively speaking, LA Times is not wrong. Blackberry isn't exactly the name it once once. And deservedly so. A company needs to consistently prove itself, and Blackberry has failed at that for years now.

Blackberry may still be known for its security, but do you really want to root for a company that has all its eggs in one basket? That's a recipe for failure, because inevitably the throne will be overtaken by another company.

So if you're so above the fanboy fray, no need to admonish others about it either, then.

Otherwise you look a little hypocritical, especially when you start rationalizing about BlackBerry's problems.
    12-11-13 09:47 PM
149 ... 3456