12-16-13 06:47 PM
149 ... 23456
tools
    instead of giving BlackBerry credit for its security, it says " BlackBerry is about as cool as owning a car phone" Are you kidding me?!! Instead of giving some praise BB'S way, they once again take another unnecessary jab!
    And a well-deserved jab it is. How could anyone argue otherwise? Are you excusing Blackberry's performance over these past few years?

Then again, opinions are like.. well, you know.. everyone's got them..
    12-06-13 07:56 PM
    Guess what: Californians are not the only people in the world that invent technology things.

This is like trying to assert that if Microsoft didn't exist, no one would have ever invented, marketed or purchased a personal computer, or if Apple didn't exist, no one would have ever invented, marketed or purchased a digital mobile music player.

In other words: nonsense.
    I didn't say they were, hence why I cited specific ones that were. Did you even read?
    techvisor likes this.
    12-06-13 08:07 PM
    Hmmm, seems we've gotten people very defensive...for anybody that cares, and I don't think many will, do a goggle on what the rest of the USA thinks of California. I believe my original statement will be upheld from several credible sources. I know, I did the search to see if I needed to apologize for running my mouth. I don't.
    thanks for asking me to google this, 2nd result

LA TIMES Rips BlackBerry!!!-screen-shot-2013-12-06-6.11.17-pm.png

POLL: How Americans Feel About The States - Business Insider

also ranked 2nd best food, #1 hottest residents, in the top for beautiful scenery, #3 best vacation spot... if you've never lived in CA I would suggest doing that before you rely on the internet to guide an experience for you. You sound pretty silly.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-06-13 08:14 PM
    BB forgot how to market their product. The reason BB is lagging and getting bashed is because they are no longer at the forefront of the tech race. They really need to produce a couple of commercials featuring their primary phone devices. That may make BB relevant again.
    12-06-13 08:14 PM
    But you look so young in your avatar.
    Fountain of youth does wonders for my complexion
    12-06-13 08:23 PM
    As a quote/unquote tech writer, do you think it would be easier to write the truth about BlackBerry 10 and the new BlackBerry devices and have to defend yourself about your opinions (it won't matter that it is true or not) OR pile on with BlackBerry bashing like the other quote/unquote tech writers out there; most of whom are on someone's payroll?

If consumers didn't look so much for people to tell them WHAT TO BUY and took it upon themselves to research and investigate and try things out for themselves; BlackBerry would be in a much better position now.

I LOVE my Z10 and my Z30 even more! I tell anyone who will listen; as they inevitably ask me whenever I pull it out, that I have a BlackBerry because I KNOW. Those of us who KNOW, have BlackBerry.
    Your comments only apply to your opinion. I have both an iphone5 and a q10. BlackBerry is not a superior OS to me and more importantly, it lacks apps I have to have. This idea that if people would just USE the BlackBerry then they would recognize it's superiority is short-sighted. Consumers have done the research. They all know that BlackBerry doesn't have the apps they want and need. Until BlackBerry gets these, they will never regain sales in the consumer market. Using the q10 feels like going backwards three years. Using iphone feels like going forward.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-06-13 10:24 PM
    thanks for asking me to google this, 2nd result

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 6.11.17 PM.png 
Views:	398 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	227650

POLL: How Americans Feel About The States - Business Insider

also ranked 2nd best food, #1 hottest residents, in the top for beautiful scenery, #3 best vacation spot... if you've never lived in CA I would suggest doing that before you rely on the internet to guide an experience for you. You sound pretty silly.
    I guess it all in what you type in the search AND you have absolutely no idea of where I live or have lived.... which has really nothing to do with my post, I never said anything about DIRECT personal experience

If I have offended you I apologize , my comment was a stereotypical result of MY indirect experiences
    12-06-13 10:39 PM
    I guess it all in what you type in the search AND you have absolutely no idea of where I live or have lived.... which has really nothing to do with my post, I never said anything about DIRECT personal experience

If I have offended you I apologize , my comment was a stereotypical result of MY indirect experiences
    you live in prince george british columbia right?
    12-06-13 11:45 PM
    Hmmm, seems we've gotten people very defensive...for anybody that cares, and I don't think many will, do a goggle on what the rest of the USA thinks of California. I believe my original statement will be upheld from several credible sources. I know, I did the search to see if I needed to apologize for running my mouth. I don't.
    You've said some of the more hilariously stupid things I've read here. Well done guy. A tree doesn't need to apologize for doing tree things, so you don't need to apologize for saying stupid things.

Gonna go do a Google now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    12-07-13 03:32 AM
    you live in prince george british columbia right?
    Score.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    techvisor likes this.
    12-07-13 03:35 AM
    I didn't say they were, hence why I cited specific ones that were. Did you even read?

Your assertion was that all this smartphone technology wouldn't exist without Californian companies.

It was, and is, a ridiculous assertion.
    12-07-13 03:37 AM
    Your assertion was that all this smartphone technology wouldn't exist without Californian companies.

It was, and is, a ridiculous assertion.
    False. I said it does exist because of them. My asserration isn't speculation. The other side is. The point I argued was that California is ignored, I proved that incorrect.
    12-07-13 03:44 AM
    False. I said it does exist because of them. My asserration isn't speculation. The other side is. The point I argued was that California is ignored, I proved that incorrect.

Like I said, it does not exist "because of them".

It's like saying if Ford Motor Co. never existed, no one would have ever figured out how to mass-produce automobiles.

Just false.

As with the invention of the lightbulb (which, BTW, USians love to credit Edison with, though he wasn't really the inventor), if one of the people working on that suddenly got hit by a truck and died, one of the various others currently working on it would be credited with inventing it and life would have gone on.
    12-07-13 04:09 AM
    As bad as BlackBerry's marketing is they deserve to be ripped.
    12-07-13 04:21 AM
    BB forgot how to market their product. The reason BB is lagging and getting bashed is because they are no longer at the forefront of the tech race. They really need to produce a couple of commercials featuring their primary phone devices. That may make BB relevant again.
    There was nothing to forget. BB has never really done a ton of marketing because they haven't had to when they were the only game in town and everyone was coming to them. The products sold themselves. Now that is now not the case, the marketing they are doing now has just been misstep after misstep. For example, when the WWE app came out. I kept watching the broadcasts hoping to see the commentators hold up a Z10 and Q10 and announce that the app was now available in BlackBerry World, but there was nothing! BlackBerry should have been all over those broadcasts, they should have sponsored a Pay-Per-View and had a presence in the arenas where people could try out the devices for a few months. Just a lot of missed opportunities. I really hope Chen corrects this the most and aligns BlackBerry so that they at least don't shoot themselves in the foot and take full advantage of opportunities that allow for quick, but effective marketing jabs.
    12-07-13 10:55 AM
    There was nothing to forget. BB has never really done a ton of marketing because they haven't had to when they were the only game in town and everyone was coming to them. The products sold themselves. Now that is now not the case, the marketing they are doing now has just been misstep after misstep. For example, when the WWE app came out. I kept watching the broadcasts hoping to see the commentators hold up a Z10 and Q10 and announce that the app was now available in BlackBerry World, but there was nothing! BlackBerry should have been all over those broadcasts, they should have sponsored a Pay-Per-View and had a presence in the arenas where people could try out the devices for a few months. Just a lot of missed opportunities. I really hope Chen corrects this the most and aligns BlackBerry so that they at least don't shoot themselves in the foot and take full advantage of opportunities that allow for quick, but effective marketing jabs.
    Even the WWE couldn't be tapped as a marketing ploy? Wow.
    12-07-13 12:15 PM
    Fountain of youth does wonders for my complexion
    12-07-13 01:03 PM
    If a passing, backhanded comment on the "un-coolness" of BlackBerry can even remotely be described as "ripping BlackBerry!!!" I think some are taking this stuff far too personally.
    reeneebob and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-07-13 01:38 PM
    Things that are uncool become cool with hipsters. This could turn out well but BB has to be strategic about its marketing for a change. Or clever about it. Fat chance of that.
    12-07-13 07:22 PM
    Things that are uncool become cool with hipsters. This could turn out well but BB has to be strategic about its marketing for a change. Or clever about it. Fat chance of that.
    Apple has that market for life
    12-07-13 07:29 PM
    I posted a screenshot of a weather app on another thread, gives you and accurate location if it really matters
    12-08-13 12:38 AM
    I think change is the problem. Bb10 is like a tesla model S. The media feels these two items are not what people want. It wouldn't change until the masses adopt to new concepts.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    12-08-13 11:49 AM
    I think change is the problem. Bb10 is like a tesla model S. The media feels these two items are not what people want. It wouldn't change until the masses adopt to new concepts.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    That's not quite accurate, everybody would have a Tesla if they were more affordable than petrol cars.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:44 AM
    That's not quite accurate, everybody would have a Tesla if they were more affordable than petrol cars.

Posted via CB10
    You can get away with a model s for $62k. Average American spends $3325 on fuel per year. That's $16,625 over 5 years. Subtract that from $62k and you're at $45,375. Over 10 years it's at 30k. That's a decent investment over the long run. Sort of like cell contracts that trick people for a higher plan but subsidies for phones. Tesla is getting there, they need the proof of longevity now.
    12-09-13 03:06 AM
    How about the fact that Blackberry 10 is a much better operating system that iOS will ever be.
    Combatting the opinion that BBRY isn't "cool" with the opinion that BB10 is better than iOS (and it is an opinion to say either is generally better than the other) doesn't really advance the discussion at all.
    12-09-13 05:17 AM
149 ... 23456