12-16-13 06:47 PM
149 1234 ...
tools
    Going through Flipboard today I noticed the LA Times article about Obama using BlackBerry for security reasons, and instead of giving BlackBerry credit for its security, it says " BlackBerry is about as cool as owning a car phone" Are you kidding me?!! Instead of giving some praise BB'S way, they once again take another unnecessary jab!
    Time for Mr.Chen to turn this "perception" around, tired of hearing the media rip BlackBerry for past mistakes.
    My Z10 is prime time all the time!!... and better than any Iphone, yet nobody knows! Let's get up off the mat and sell these bad boys!!
    Attachment 227320

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    The article is attacking Obama not really BlackBerry after all the world have forgotten about him. Cool was he once upon a time, hatred is he now.

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Jim Wolfson, evanmichael and m1kr0 like this.
    12-05-13 08:13 PM
    You said it yourself.. it's all about perception so is the LA Times wrong? Is BlackBerry cool? While you might not agree with the LA Times piece, nothing they really said is inaccurate. Maybe if the perception was different, the LA Times piece would be different but right now it's a pretty accurate representation. Love it or hate it.
    This is the reality folks. And the disastrous last 6 months with the "for sale" fiasco at Blackberry was the crowning blow. Future business school text books may site the last 4 years at Blackberry as an example of the damage that inept and deluded management can inflict on their companies.

Chen want to focus on the back office applications but I fear that not having a popular device to pair with the Blackberry solution may defeat his efforts. I have seen nothing that would suggest he understands that.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-05-13 08:14 PM
    This is the reality folks. And the disastrous last 6 months with the "for sale" fiasco at Blackberry was the crowning blow. Future business school text books may site the last 4 years at Blackberry as an example of the damage that inept and deluded management can inflict on their companies.

Chen want to focus on the back office applications but I fear that not having a popular device to pair with the Blackberry solution may defeat his efforts. I have seen nothing that would suggest he understands that.
    Bla bla bla. You are afraid aren't you

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    12-05-13 08:56 PM
    Why do you think that is true?
    go back and read posts from a couple of Americans

12-05-13 08:58 PM
    I live in LA and don't care one bit what the LA Times writes.

I have a Z10 and Q10 and use them proudly.
    12-05-13 09:15 PM
    As far as I know most Americans ignore whatever goes on in California unless it's from Hollywood
    pretty sure that applies to all states
    12-05-13 10:02 PM
    KNOCK it off with the partisan politics! Obviously the article mentions Obama so we have to touch on the subject but leave your red or blue card at the door please! Thread was cleaned up please don't force me to issue some infractions!
    MERCDROID likes this.
    12-05-13 10:54 PM
    BlackBerry is so cool it doesn't know what to do with all the money it's making. Millions of consumers around the world love it. They are flying out of the stores!

Stop blaming the U. S.. Sales are bad all over the world.

To be helpful you must be realistic.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-05-13 11:02 PM
    I'm in Southern Cal (O.C.) and the Z30 is absolutely cool and a serious business machine. I've seen all the phones out there...and the Z30 delivers in every way......for me. Regarding the L.A. Times...I don't know anyone who reads the paper anymore as its a day behind.
    12-05-13 11:21 PM
    I'm in Southern Cal (O.C.) and the Z30 is absolutely cool and a serious business machine. I've seen all the phones out there...and the Z30 delivers in every way......for me. Regarding the L.A. Times...I don't know anyone who reads the paper anymore as its a day behind.
    Los Angeles Times Circulation - latimes.com
    12-05-13 11:32 PM
    How about the fact that Blackberry 10 is a much better operating system that iOS will ever be. Over the past several years, Apple punted while Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone were developing major upgrades to their OSs. Every time I demonstrate my Z10 to someone using an iPhone, they are impressed and tell me that they are considering moving to BB 10. I've used iOS, WP8, and BB 10, and find BB 10 superior in most ways to all of them, and especially iOS.

How many of those "considering moving to BB10" actually have?
    12-06-13 12:17 AM
    1 Million people without cable......lol
    SK122387 likes this.
    12-06-13 12:19 AM
    "As much as this article is cracking on Blackberry, I'm sure it's more designed to be a crack on Obama. I don't know anything about the LA Times, but some media outlets like Fox News would crack Obama if he cured world hunger."

Nope! LA Times is pretty much in the tank for Obama.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    12-06-13 02:05 AM
    As much as this article is cracking on Blackberry, I'm sure it's more designed to be a crack on Obama. I don't know anything about the LA Times, but some media outlets like Fox News would crack Obama if he cured world hunger.
    As a conservative living in California, I laugh. How I wish it to be true! You've never been in California, have you?

As far as I know most Americans ignore whatever goes on in California unless it's from Hollywood
    Did you forget Silicon Valley? And California by itself is >10% of the US population.
    12-06-13 03:18 AM
    You said it yourself.. it's all about perception so is the LA Times wrong? Is BlackBerry cool? While you might not agree with the LA Times piece, nothing they really said is inaccurate. Maybe if the perception was different, the LA Times piece would be different but right now it's a pretty accurate representation. Love it or hate it.

Yeah, should we be surprised that the paper of record for the land of all plasticity and no substance would be ripping into BlackBerry for being "not cool"?

In places like that the LAST thing I want to be packing is what all the beach bimbos and dudes with hawaiian shirts and Rogaine are using.
    evanmichael likes this.
    12-06-13 04:07 AM
    How about the fact that Blackberry 10 is a much better operating system that iOS will ever be. Over the past several years, Apple punted while Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone were developing major upgrades to their OSs. Every time I demonstrate my Z10 to someone using an iPhone, they are impressed and tell me that they are considering moving to BB 10. I've used iOS, WP8, and BB 10, and find BB 10 superior in most ways to all of them, and especially iOS.
    It's not about how superior the OS is or how many bells and whistles it has, it's about how functional it is for the average consumer.

Apple and Google have figured this out and developed an Ecco system that has become the "standard" to which any new and/or legacy devices will be judged against.

Microsoft has finally figured it out and have bought Nokia to up their game against the competition. Unfortunately for Blackberry, MS has bigger and deeper pockets.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    Last edited by bakron1; 12-06-13 at 03:21 PM.
    bbq10l likes this.
    12-06-13 04:10 AM
    Apple and Google have figured this out and developed an ego system that has become the "standard" to which any new and/or legacy devices will be judged against.

I think what you said there is pretty accurate, even though it's probably not what you meant to say.

[emphasis mine]
    12-06-13 04:28 AM
    Well then... we better all do what is "cool".
    Omnitech and kthhrrsn like this.
    12-06-13 05:50 AM
    As much as this article is cracking on Blackberry, I'm sure it's more designed to be a crack on Obama. I don't know anything about the LA Times, but some media outlets like Fox News would crack Obama if he cured world hunger.
    Fox News would still want Obama impeached for curing world hunger since he didn't do it sooner...
    12-06-13 07:07 AM
    Because reading (working for) a newspaper is so cool?
    12-06-13 07:25 AM
    If anything, this article will help encourage Apple and the likes to make a more secure device sooner, rather than later, no?
    bbq10l likes this.
    12-06-13 08:03 AM
    CNN spoke of Obama as well but chose not to bash BlackBerry. Not defendind CNN but they did stay neutral.
    12-06-13 08:56 AM
    I have read many negative articles on BB over the years always around the same themes of uncool, dying, bankrupt, messed up, etc and I usually just chuckled, funny kinda in the way of celebrity gossips. So, yeah whatever. If I had wanted to continue carrying my Palm Treo 680 from the ancient days today, that's my business too.
    12-06-13 09:05 AM
    Hate it! Haha, but certainly understand your analysis. Just a constant disappointment to see unecessary critique when the article is talking about a good reason to own a BB, and they turn it around into a negative. Ah well, writers have their opinions.
    Yes, they do, and it is far easier to stick with bashing BBRY than it is to divorce oneself from its past and look critically at what it is doing now. Sadly, whomever control the medium control the message.
    Omnitech likes this.
    12-06-13 09:33 AM
    being that 'cool' is subjective... yes i do think blackberry is cool... my like minded friends also think the same.. I do not find the iPhone cool at all, but clearly the masses still do...

i like how a newspaper is concerning itsself with what is cool or not... useful reporting. maybe LA times should concentrate on news and leave this bullsh*t to tabloids..
    12-06-13 09:47 AM
149 1234 ...