12-16-13 06:47 PM
149 123 ...
tools
    Going through Flipboard today I noticed the LA Times article about Obama using BlackBerry for security reasons, and instead of giving BlackBerry credit for its security, it says " BlackBerry is about as cool as owning a car phone" Are you kidding me?!! Instead of giving some praise BB'S way, they once again take another unnecessary jab!
    Time for Mr.Chen to turn this "perception" around, tired of hearing the media rip BlackBerry for past mistakes.
    My Z10 is prime time all the time!!... and better than any Iphone, yet nobody knows! Let's get up off the mat and sell these bad boys!!
    LA TIMES Rips BlackBerry!!!-img_00000767.png

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    twis, ryanza and blackspeed like this.
    12-05-13 03:26 PM
    You said it yourself.. it's all about perception so is the LA Times wrong? Is BlackBerry cool? While you might not agree with the LA Times piece, nothing they really said is inaccurate. Maybe if the perception was different, the LA Times piece would be different but right now it's a pretty accurate representation. Love it or hate it.
    12-05-13 03:29 PM
    As far as I know most Americans ignore whatever goes on in California unless it's from Hollywood
    12-05-13 03:32 PM
    You said it yourself.. it's all about perception so is the LA Times wrong? Is BlackBerry cool? While you might not agree with the LA Times piece, nothing they really said is inaccurate. Maybe if the perception was different, the LA Times piece would be different but right now it's a pretty accurate representation. Love it or hate it.
    ^ what he said
    12-05-13 03:48 PM
    As far as I know most Americans ignore whatever goes on in California unless it's from Hollywood
    ^ what he said also.. hahahaha
    amp323 and moody like this.
    12-05-13 03:49 PM
    I can't help feeling that the article would be different if Apple was a Canadian company and BlackBerry was designed in California built in China.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:51 PM
    Hate it! Haha, but certainly understand your analysis. Just a constant disappointment to see unecessary critique when the article is talking about a good reason to own a BB, and they turn it around into a negative. Ah well, writers have their opinions.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    12-05-13 04:16 PM

I live out in SoCal & i think that's funny!! good 1
    h20work and seluje like this.
    12-05-13 05:11 PM
    The Times said it like it is. BlackBerry is not cool whatsoever. The fact that people on a BlackBerry forum like it does not make it cool to the masses. Popularity is what proves that something is cool in society.

I just don't get why not having a "cool" phone is a bad thing.
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-05-13 05:16 PM
    I'm in So Cal, in the film biz... doing very well. The LA Times is looked upon (certainly, BTW, not as liberal) but as -- to quote Leonard Cohen: "Just some Joseph looking for a manger." Where ever I go, meetings, etc., I see BBerrys.
    bungaboy and stlabrat like this.
    12-05-13 05:19 PM
    I can't help feeling that the article would be different if Apple was a Canadian company and BlackBerry was designed in California built in China.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it would matter, both Apple and Blackberry pride themselves on designing their products in their own respective countries which is a great thing for both companies.

I would say that Blackberry has fell from grace with the young folks who help build the brand in the first place. Most folks I know say the same thing over and over, it's apps, apps, apps, apps and did I forget apps.

Forget side loading and all that jazz, I know that 10.2.1 is out and supports android jellybean apps, but the update still is not official yet and hasn't been released to the USA,so it makes it difficult to promote something that doesn't exist yet.

I honestly think you have a huge ladder to climb to rebuild the brand here. My nieces and nephews and their friends where all die hard blackberry users who have switched to Android and IOS.

When I ask either one of them about using a blackberry again and show them my z10 and all it's cool features, their response is all the same. Who cares about Blackberry anymore!!!!

Who ever is in charge at the Blackberry corporate advertising level better take notice, I think based on their response, the ladder just got higher.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    12-05-13 05:21 PM
    Who cares.

That guy can say all he wants. I'm rocking a z30 and he can't convince me otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 05:24 PM
    As much as this article is cracking on Blackberry, I'm sure it's more designed to be a crack on Obama. I don't know anything about the LA Times, but some media outlets like Fox News would crack Obama if he cured world hunger.
    12-05-13 05:37 PM
    Whoever wrote that obviously hasn't tried a Z30.
    12-05-13 05:42 PM
    With all this YOLO, hipster, b*s permeating our society,.. I think it would actually be considered pretty cool to have a 'car phone'.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 05:48 PM
    The Z30 is the best phone I've used and I've used a few. The size is perfect and the quality is excellent. Would like to have quad core but I can wait for the next release. Start hitting back Blackberry and stop taking the crap from brain washed humans who are overpopulating this planet.
    12-05-13 05:56 PM
    I have a car phone and I think that it's cool.
    yvpan1, bungaboy, Elite1 and 1 others like this.
    12-05-13 06:01 PM
    Quite accurate, but I hate this pile it on mentality the media seems to be fond of. "BlackBerry is dead, but let's take another jab the dead body." Yay! I suppose it is what it is. Maybe one day BlackBerry will actually change this very negative perception everyone has of the company. Maybe.
    manonthemoon and Elite1 like this.
    12-05-13 06:01 PM
    Was BlackBerry ever cool? Who says cool anymore anyways. I'm pretty sure smart phones aren't cool anymore. People that want to have a cool stylish phone get accessories. BlackBerry gets **** done. Saying something isn't cool in the news is a great way to make something cool by acting uncool fool. The stupid smart watch will be the next cool thing, even if it is crap. Phones are old.
    I wish the president was cool, ya that would get people to respect him more, it would have nothing to do with his intelligence or presence or status it would be the iPhone that would realy define him.

Ladeda

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:14 PM
    Why do you think that is true?
    12-05-13 06:44 PM
    The Times said it like it is. BlackBerry is not cool whatsoever. The fact that people on a BlackBerry forum like it does not make it cool to the masses. Popularity is what proves that something is cool in society.

I just don't get why not having a "cool" phone is a bad thing.
    How about the fact that Blackberry 10 is a much better operating system that iOS will ever be. Over the past several years, Apple punted while Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone were developing major upgrades to their OSs. Every time I demonstrate my Z10 to someone using an iPhone, they are impressed and tell me that they are considering moving to BB 10. I've used iOS, WP8, and BB 10, and find BB 10 superior in most ways to all of them, and especially iOS.
    bennelong likes this.
    12-05-13 07:16 PM
    Agreed. Seems they are mad that B.O. Supports his BlackBerry and not the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 07:18 PM
    How about the fact that Blackberry 10 is a much better operating system that iOS will ever be. Over the past several years, Apple punted while Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone were developing major upgrades to their OSs. Every time I demonstrate my Z10 to someone using an iPhone, they are impressed and tell me that they are considering moving to BB 10. I've used iOS, WP8, and BB 10, and find BB 10 superior in most ways to all of them, and especially iOS.
    BlackBerry might be a "better operating system" for you and me but not for the masses. All you have to do is look at sales and if that doesn't do it for you, look around in public and see what most people are using. A "much better operating system" not only has to be better in a technical way like "developing major upgrades to their OS" but also has to take into account what people actually think is "cool" or relevant in their lives in order to be considered "a much better operating system". Otherwise it's just a niche OS that some think is the best.
    12-05-13 07:53 PM
    iOS and Android phone recommendations are safe, like recommending Windows. You're not necessarily getting the best, but something that is widely accepted and is adequate for most applications.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    12-05-13 07:57 PM
    As a quote/unquote tech writer, do you think it would be easier to write the truth about BlackBerry 10 and the new BlackBerry devices and have to defend yourself about your opinions (it won't matter that it is true or not) OR pile on with BlackBerry bashing like the other quote/unquote tech writers out there; most of whom are on someone's payroll?

If consumers didn't look so much for people to tell them WHAT TO BUY and took it upon themselves to research and investigate and try things out for themselves; BlackBerry would be in a much better position now.

I LOVE my Z10 and my Z30 even more! I tell anyone who will listen; as they inevitably ask me whenever I pull it out, that I have a BlackBerry because I KNOW. Those of us who KNOW, have BlackBerry.
    12-05-13 08:06 PM
149 123 ...