03-26-11 12:58 PM
    So when an image is taken. It pops up as a preview and that's the patent? Its hard being a tech company lol when patents like this are involved but I'm sure its more in depth then that. Nonetheless its good to see kodak coming back and on track again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 11:44 PM
    Oh joy....
    03-28-11 10:41 AM
    They keep doing this and they keep not winning. If they do win, I'll be angry. If you build good software the way people want it, it's gonna be very similar to other software. So unless there are coding similarities, doing a similar thing should never be grounds for a lawsuit.

If this were the case, Altavista could have sued every search engine and won. MySpace could've sued Facebook and won. Building a good product improves competition and for people to want it, things end up being the similar/same. So long as there isn't actual code stealing or reverse engineering going on, there's no way they should win this.

That is, of course, assuming the only problem is that it displays the picture after being taken. Since a judge already said it didn't, Kodak shouldn't be too hopeful this time around either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-11 10:58 AM
    EK (eastman kodak) has been losing money for years...
    i guess when you get to this point, the only option is to sue

maybe they should focus on their own strengths ...like disposable cameras :P
    03-28-11 12:26 PM
    They should start innovating again instead of trying to sue everyone.
    03-28-11 12:30 PM
    They should partner up with cell phone companies to use their photo technology in phones, since that's what most people use nowadays anyways.
    03-28-11 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD