07-06-15 09:39 AM
60 123
tools
    As a longtime BlackBerry hater
    Then why are you here? To irritate people? Why don't you go to the forums for whatever device you "like". I hate android. Do you see me in the android forums? No way, I have better things to do with my time.
    tmf06 likes this.
    07-04-15 06:09 PM
    I use a BlackBerry device for the OS. If I wanted to use android I could buy one from about a hundred different manufacturers of android devices. What on earth makes BlackBerry feel as though suddenly everyone that hates BlackBerry or avoids them like the plague is suddenly going to run to them just because they are now selling an android powered device?
    This will be a huge waste of the very little money BlackBerry has left to stay in business with. I am in total agreement with another poster above, If BlackBerry discontinues BB10 then I am done with BlackBerry.
    extisis and alb101 like this.
    07-04-15 06:15 PM
    this phone shouldn't be called just a BlackBerry. should have an asterisk always attached to it. you won't have the same BlackBerry 10 experience with this phone and if you think you do- then you cater to the android side of things anyway.
    BlackBerry has always been about communications and security. If this new phone offers communications and security that meets BlackBerry's standards, regardless of the OS, then it deserves to be called a BlackBerry. No asterisk required.
    DJM626 likes this.
    07-04-15 08:02 PM
    Maybe the only way to get in some organizations such as this Australian thingamajig http://www.zdnet.com/article/austral...ch-blackberry/

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2339 CB10
    Yeah, I found that one, too. Thanks for posting... :-)

Maybe in combination with BES, that's the backdoor way to get BBRY in their hands again and on top.

I'm sure the Android exposure will be good for BlackBerry internal dev teams and BB10 runtime compatibility. I'm sure it will bode well for the "old" OS... (even though BB10 is younger, Android is new for **them**)

:-D

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-04-15 08:08 PM
    BlackBerry has always been about communications and security. If this new phone offers communications and security that meets BlackBerry's standards, regardless of the OS, then it deserves to be called a BlackBerry. No asterisk required.
    nope.
    lift likes this.
    07-05-15 12:13 AM
    just the hardware and casing is BlackBerry.
    It is finally a BBRY brand. Those who believe they share values with the company, they will always stay loyal to the brand.
    Last edited by IndianTiwari; 07-05-15 at 03:05 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    07-05-15 03:04 AM
    It is finally a BBRY brand. Those who believe they share values with the company, they will always stay loyal to the brand.
    i could care less if they share the same values, a BlackBerry phone running android OS is not a BlackBerry 10 phone.
    07-05-15 04:20 AM
    KitkatGoogleBerryDroid AKA Slider AKA Mutant Phone-img_20150703_201115.png

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 08:18 AM
    Fanboys are getting quite jittery.

Posted via C5303
    jmr1015 likes this.
    07-05-15 08:21 AM
    Could possibly generate revenue for BlackBerry. Then BB10 devices will be on the high end (as it should be) .

The Z10 STL 100-3 on 10.3.1.2708 BlackBerry owners on AT&T Channel C0032C652
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-05-15 08:30 AM
    If this comes out and is true I'll be in line if there is one waiting... I miss some stuff from Google but like BB

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 08:47 AM
    i could care less if they share the same values, a BlackBerry phone running android OS is not a BlackBerry 10 phone.
    Yes indeed it will not be running the BB10 Os therefore it will be not a bb10 phone . But it will be a BB brand . For BBRY brand it is not easy to be in the limelight for so long and with such intense gaze and every move of the company is being dissected for public analysis . BB10 has not been able to get the desired results for the hardware business through BB10 OS so there is no harm in trying the android if it can help the company change its fortunes . Nothing is permanent in life, if there be anything permanent in life it would be change because change is constant.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    07-05-15 09:44 AM
    Yes indeed it will not be running the BB10 Os therefore it will be not a bb10 phone . But it will be a BB brand . For BBRY brand it is not easy to be in the limelight for so long and with such intense gaze and every move of the company is being dissected for public analysis . BB10 has not been able to get the desired results for the hardware business through BB10 OS so there is no harm in trying the android if it can help the company change its fortunes . Nothing is permanent in life, if there be anything permanent in life it would be change because change is constant.
    just because it's a BlackBerry with android on it doesn't make any different than any other android in the long run. in fact, there's probably better android phones already out there.
    07-05-15 02:17 PM
    Fanboys are getting quite jittery.

Posted via C5303
    what fanboys? how's your xperia holding up by the way
    07-05-15 02:20 PM
    Could possibly generate revenue for BlackBerry. Then BB10 devices will be on the high end (as it should be) .

The Z10 STL 100-3 on 10.3.1.2708 BlackBerry owners on AT&T Channel C0032C652
    it wouldn't generate enough revenue for that to happen
    07-05-15 02:20 PM
    just because it's a BlackBerry with android on it doesn't make any different than any other android in the long run. in fact, there's probably better android phones already out there.
    Just so we're clear, because many other people have shared a similar opinion... What you're saying is, that the BlackBerry Slider hardware is inherently inferior. Build quality is inferior. Design is inferior. The only thing BlackBerry has going for it is software (BB10) and by going Android, they would automatically be inferior to other Android OEMs.

Because I would argue that a BlackBerry running Android would likely be quite different than other devices running Android, because it is a BlackBerry. It would have the worlds best PKB. Great looks. Hopefully good build quality and materials (if the Passport and Classic are any indication) probably a much bigger battery than other similarly sized devices, expandable memory (which is becoming harder and harder to come by among Android OEMs) and on the software side, if BlackBerry skins Android to offer Hub-like functionality, and installs their own BB email client that offers the same email functionality as BB10 devices, these are things other Android OEMs don't have.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-05-15 02:37 PM
    Just so we're clear, because many other people have shared a similar opinion... What you're saying is, that the BlackBerry Slider hardware is inherently inferior. Build quality is inferior. Design is inferior. The only thing BlackBerry has going for it is software (BB10) and by going Android, they would automatically be inferior to other Android OEMs.

Because I would argue that a BlackBerry running Android would likely be quite different than other devices running Android, because it is a BlackBerry. It would have the worlds best PKB. Great looks. Hopefully good build quality and materials (if the Passport and Classic are any indication) probably a much bigger battery than other similarly sized devices, expandable memory (which is becoming harder and harder to come by among Android OEMs) and on the software side, if BlackBerry skins Android to offer Hub-like functionality, and installs their own BB email client that offers the same email functionality as BB10 devices, these are things other Android OEMs don't have.
    you're relying too much that this android behaves exactly like your BB10. not going to happen. and i'm not saying any of the stuff you wrote here, you must be mistaken.
    07-05-15 02:58 PM
    what fanboys? how's your xperia holding up by the way
    Chugging along quite nicely and complements my 9900. Does what I require from it. No silly workarounds needed for my Android apps.

Thanks for asking. :-)

Posted from an ME173X
    07-05-15 05:16 PM
    Chugging along quite nicely and complements my 9900. Does what I require from it. No silly workarounds needed for my Android apps.

Thanks for asking. :-)

Posted from an ME173X
    ah the 2 device combo, cool bro. i will call you the 9900 fanboy from now on.
    07-05-15 05:38 PM
    ah the 2 device combo, cool bro. i will call you the 9900 fanboy from now on.
    Lol yeah. I prefer keeping work and personal stuff separated. :-)

Posted from an ME173X
    07-05-15 05:48 PM
    Why can't they just update runtime to accommodate Google services? That would be the easiest thing to do.

Posted via CB.10 on my  Z10
    07-05-15 05:58 PM
    Why can't they just update runtime to accommodate Google services? That would be the easiest thing to do.

Because i think Google has to allow it, for it to be officially supported. What incentive does Google have to allow BB10's Android runtime access to Google Play Services without adhering to any of the rules Android manufacturers have to?
    07-05-15 06:08 PM

There are probably 50 threads devoted to the why,.. but the above poster basically summarized it.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 06:09 PM
    Because i think Google has to allow it, for it to be officially supported. What incentive does Google have to allow BB10's Android runtime access to Google Play Services without adhering to any of the rules Android manufacturers have to?
    So now what they're doing is taking another approach at it from a different angle. I hope the keep BB 10 safe in this new phone separate from android not leaving any back door for BB10 to be hacked. They'll have a field day with it.

07-05-15 06:18 PM
    I'm wondering if they already have a way for runtime to access play services. Someone should leak it.

07-05-15 06:21 PM
60 123