12-13-12 01:45 PM
59 123
tools
    " We don't believe you, you need more people. "
    Ok. Gotcha!
    04-03-12 05:50 PM
    Quite a lot of Celebrities have given BlackBerry's a good name. I don't understand why RIM doesn't take advantage of this. Back in '09, Drake (Aubrey Graham) specifically said on his documentary (at the time of his debut album) that he loves his BlackBerry and he only ever writes his lyrics on them and if he doesn't have one on him, he borrows one and etc.

I think it was Katy Perry a few months ago who went from BB to iPhone and then back to BB. <<< That could potentially be an advert on it's own.

Even this Kanye story. Including all the "Celebrity BlackBerry sightings" CB posts, it's evident Celebrities could play a key role in RIM's marketing for the BlackBerry phones.

Swizz Beats, producer/artist also the former CEO of Megaupload, created an advert for MU soley consisting of artists saying why they love MegaUpload. If that isn't good advertisment..
    Doesn't Kim Kardashian have a BB?
    04-03-12 06:06 PM
    Doesn't Kim Kardashian have a BB?
    LOL.

Not every celebrity that uses BB is a good thing for RIM.

I don't get the drive to recruit celebrities -- the most fickle people on earth -- to save RIM.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    04-03-12 06:31 PM
    LOL.

I don't get the drive to recruit celebrities -- the most fickle people on earth -- to save RIM.

Mobile post via Tapatalk

Are you kidding?! If Kanye haz one, I gots to haz one.
    04-03-12 06:40 PM
    LOL.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's not the best thing, but f*** it, RIM needs to do EVERYTHING they need to do. As if Apple and Google haven't gotten their hands dirty on their way to the top.
    04-03-12 06:44 PM
    It starts with compelling products wrapped in a customer-friendly ecosystem, IMHO.

I might be in the minority in that I think that while advertising is not RIM's strong point, it is FAR from the most pressing problem.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    southlander likes this.
    04-03-12 06:56 PM
    LOL.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    I'm sorry. When i said that Kim K. had a BB, i meant "Bubble B**t.LOL
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    04-03-12 08:44 PM
    This is EXACTLY what I was talking about in my other threads on why I think Blackberry is going to survive and actually thrive when BB10 comes out. The celebrities, athletes and other people who make money and have influence on society still use Blackberry. All RIM has to do is partner with some of them and watch BB10 explode if its executed properly.
    I understand where you're coming from however in my opinion I still think you're wrong. This is just one example. Most celebrity and other high profile people used to use blackberry but not most of them are on the iphone. Mark Zuckerberg uses the iphone too.

Now I am a bb user for life (i hope), love my 9900, but more people out there have iphones, it's a fact, numbers don't lie lol
    04-03-12 08:54 PM
    He gives them 2k cell phones and he rocks a 8310
    04-03-12 09:19 PM

Why not, the 8310 is an AWESOME device

if you don't need to surf the net, the 8310 has an awesome keyboard with amazing feedback, the trackball can be fine tuned for great detail, the battery life lasted for ever, and it strips away all the junk out of emails and just gives you the content.
    04-03-12 09:21 PM
    that blackberry cray!
    04-03-12 09:32 PM
    Damn, awesome to see the device getting into more hands!!
    04-06-12 01:26 AM
    Kanye doesn't even use cell phones at all. He communicates to people via email only. So for him to buy Jay-Z & Beyonce p'9981s, they must really be into blackberries.
    04-06-12 03:29 PM
    Kanye doesn't even use cell phones at all. He communicates to people via email only. So for him to buy Jay-Z & Beyonce p'9981s, they must really be into blackberries.
    Umm, you can send and receive emails on those gifts he gave... quite well, in fact.
    04-06-12 04:02 PM
    Honestly, that phone is just too damn ugly to set any trends unfortunately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, 'cause something ugly as excrement would never be popular with celebrities... oh, wait, even the same color as excrement (I mean the purse, not the celebrity)....
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    04-06-12 04:34 PM
    Kanye West? Well when I said nothing could make me switch to apple maybe I spoke to soon.
    04-06-12 04:38 PM
    Celebrities are notorious for having more than one device though. And the 8310 may very well be his literal workhorse.

Also, I know people who still won't upgrade even though they have the money for it simply because they do not feel new device is worthy of the upgrade.
    04-06-12 08:41 PM
    This is EXACTLY what I was talking about in my other threads on why I think Blackberry is going to survive and actually thrive when BB10 comes out. The celebrities, athletes and other people who make money and have influence on society still use Blackberry. All RIM has to do is partner with some of them and watch BB10 explode if its executed properly.

I actually agree with you, having used a few high end Android devices, they didn't just take a dump on my Bold, they were nice, but nothing special really, I missed my BB (I had the SGS2 and the Atrix 2)

The biggest problem RIM has are simple; ignorant haters of RIM (people want to hear bad news, hearing Kim Kardashian and her husbands are doing fine doesn't sell magazines) who keep predicting doom and gloom, and RIM's marketing team is still out to lunch. They need to advertise, and advertise (before) a device comes out, and not suck, why do BB commercials suck and not really make me want to get the device? Why are people riding on shiny bicycles?

And yes, the Porsche to me isn't the best looking, but it is new and unique, that is what people want. And would it hurt to have color? Since the Bold has a keyboard color actually matters, a purple bezeled Razr...is useless as you will get a case anyway.

But yes get these devices out in the general public, create some lust and greed.
    04-07-12 02:22 PM
    Celebrities are notorious for having more than one device though. And the 8310 may very well be his literal workhorse.

Also, I know people who still won't upgrade even though they have the money for it simply because they do not feel new device is worthy of the upgrade.
    I agree. I've seen celebs with both a Blackberry and a different phone, whether it be 2 BB models or a BB and something else.

@ times I'd flip to these "reality" shows, mainly on VH1, and I'd spot quite a few BBs, and me being the little BB nerd I am, get a lil happy to see them Because they are actually being shown and used by these "fly by night celebs", which people tend to look up to and admire
    04-07-12 03:25 PM
    I agree. I've seen celebs with both a Blackberry and a different phone, whether it be 2 BB models or a BB and something else.

@ times I'd flip to these "reality" shows, mainly on VH1, and I'd spot quite a few BBs, and me being the little BB nerd I am, get a lil happy to see them Because they are actually being shown and used by these "fly by night celebs", which people tend to look up to and admire
    hehe me too!

On almost every reality show they have a Torch, Bold 9900, or a new Curve.

But, since Im seeing so many BB's on reality shows lately, I have a feeling they use them for the show only.

Probably to keep in touch with the "reality stars" for filming through BBM and keep show info private.

Sometimes you see them alternating between Blackberry and iPhones.
    04-09-12 03:53 PM
    Kanye West should have given them condoms for having such an ugly baby.

But on a serious note, who cares. If celebrities were going to help Blackberry's become more popular then that phase has already passed. It did peak. That's for sure. If Blackberry makes a comeback it won't be because of people like Kanye West.
    04-09-12 04:37 PM
    Let's try thinking for ourselves these people are celebrities in some cases they can't even speak properly, don't be influenced by what they do.
    04-09-12 07:01 PM
    He said he doesn't. I read that before too, but sources say Kim and Kanye have been
    sending each other BBM for a while now. No wonder Kim never switched.
    04-09-12 08:37 PM
    I think that Kim is being paid by Apple, just to keep her BB. I hope that she never goes to Android, because then i'd have to get rid of mine.
    04-09-12 09:54 PM
    I think that Kim is being paid by Apple, just to keep her BB. I hope that she never goes to Android, because then i'd have to get rid of mine.
    LOL!

I never ever got why some people think KK using a BB is good product placement for RIM
    04-09-12 10:54 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD