12-03-13 05:29 PM
35 12
tools
    Jolla users can't do either without some trickery................ but they got it done. As mentioned, BlackBerry blocks it among other things. It was never really a question, at least for me, if BlackBerry COULD do it.
    Could and are able to are two completely different things. I can flash Gapps in a matter of a few minutes. I'm pretty sure BlackBerry could figure out how to do it also. Only thing is, they're not really able to just do it.
    12-01-13 11:29 PM
    I've asked this many times and haven't gotten a decent answer.

How can this company survive but BlackBerry cant.

Don't get me wrong, I want both (every) company to do well... but BlackBerry has been 'dead' for 2 years bc of inferior products that 'rely' on Android... what's the difference here?

People say there is no reason to buy a BlackBerry over an iphone... well why should I get a Jolla phone over a BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 09:12 AM
    BlackBerry is a massive company when compared to Jolla. Even after the layoffs, BlackBerry still has around 8,000 very well paid employees. BlackBerry also has several buildings that need maintained.

Jolla is made up of around 80 people who really care about what they are doing. They probably work from home or from a rented office space.

Basically, BlackBerry seen success and grew much larger, then their luck changed and comptetion arrived. Now, BlackBerry is way to big for its own good. Jolla is still at the start up level where they aren't spending millions of dollars everyday just to keep the lights on and the doors open. Heck, just BlackBerry's monthly utility bills probably exceed all of Jolla's monthly expenses.

Jolla don't need huge amounts of money constantly coming in to survive, but BlackBerry does.
    12-02-13 12:58 PM
    I would guess for us to get GSF we would need root access which I doubt will happen
    We are somehow getting a gsf via snap, it even shows up on Google play via web as a blackberry, with network and all, so something is going on there.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-02-13 01:05 PM
    BlackBerry is a massive company when compared to Jolla. Even after the layoffs, BlackBerry still has around 8,000 very well paid employees. BlackBerry also has several buildings that need maintained.

Jolla is made up of around 80 people who really care about what they are doing. They probably work from home or from a rented office space.

Basically, BlackBerry seen success and grew much larger, then their luck changed and comptetion arrived. Now, BlackBerry is way to big for its own good. Jolla is still at the start up level where they aren't spending millions of dollars everyday just to keep the lights on and the doors open. Heck, just BlackBerry's monthly utility bills probably exceed all of Jolla's monthly expenses.

Jolla don't need huge amounts of money constantly coming in to survive, but BlackBerry does.
    So what you are saying is that BlackBerry is a bigger company, but people should buy Jolla?

But people shouldn't buy BlackBerry bc apple is a bigger company?

Internet logic...

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:55 PM
    So what you are saying is that BlackBerry is a bigger company, but people should buy Jolla?

But people shouldn't buy BlackBerry bc apple is a bigger company?

Internet logic...

Posted via CB10
    I never said anyone should or shouldn't buy anything.

You asked - "How can this company survive but BlackBerry cant" and I tried to explain it to you, but maybe you didn't understand what I was saying.

BlackBerry is a bigger company than Jolla. It has bigger expenses and it needs more money coming in to survive. That is why Jolla has a decent shot at surviving for the time being, while BlackBerry is in trouble and might not survive if they can't turn things around immediately. It isn't just about company size, it is about their overall situations. BlackBerry is bleeding money at an alarming rate. Jolla isn't.

You're right, Apple is a bigger company than BlackBerry, but Apple also makes an insane amount of profit every single quarter. Apple has products that sell well. Apple isn't in debt. Apple doesn't need to release statements every month letting the world know that they aren't dead yet. Apple has enough cash on hand to buy BlackBerry almost 50 times over right now.

Apple isn't going anywhere anytime soon because they are a huge company that makes tons of money. Apple literally makes more money than they know what to do with. Jolla isn't going anywhere anytime soon because they are a tiny company with very little expenses. BlackBerry might be going away soon if something doesn't change, because they are a big company with lots of expenses and very little money coming in.

The situations are completely different. I hope that helps!
    FSeverino likes this.
    12-03-13 08:49 AM
    I never said anyone should or shouldn't buy anything.

You asked - "How can this company survive but BlackBerry cant" and I tried to explain it to you, but maybe you didn't understand what I was saying.

BlackBerry is a bigger company than Jolla. It has bigger expenses and it needs more money coming in to survive. That is why Jolla has a decent shot at surviving for the time being, while BlackBerry is in trouble and might not survive if they can't turn things around immediately. It isn't just about company size, it is about their overall situations. BlackBerry is bleeding money at an alarming rate. Jolla isn't.

You're right, Apple is a bigger company than BlackBerry, but Apple also makes an insane amount of profit every single quarter. Apple has products that sell well. Apple isn't in debt. Apple doesn't need to release statements every month letting the world know that they aren't dead yet. Apple has enough cash on hand to buy BlackBerry almost 50 times over right now.

Apple isn't going anywhere anytime soon because they are a huge company that makes tons of money. Apple literally makes more money than they know what to do with. Jolla isn't going anywhere anytime soon because they are a tiny company with very little expenses. BlackBerry might be going away soon if something doesn't change, because they are a big company with lots of expenses and very little money coming in.

The situations are completely different. I hope that helps!
    Sorry for that. I didn't mean to ask the literal question. I was referring to all the people that are saying that BlackBerry is dead bc they only sell 10 million units a quarter. 10 million is a hell of a lot more than 0, that's all I was saying.

I agree that the current setup of BlackBerry makes higher sales necessary, same with any big company, but that doesn't mean that they can't become a very focused smaller company. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Posted via CB10
    Saiga likes this.
    12-03-13 01:27 PM
    Sorry for that. I didn't mean to ask the literal question. I was referring to all the people that are saying that BlackBerry is dead bc they only sell 10 million units a quarter. 10 million is a hell of a lot more than 0, that's all I was saying.

I agree that the current setup of BlackBerry makes higher sales necessary, same with any big company, but that doesn't mean that they can't become a very focused smaller company. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Posted via CB10
    Ah I see what you're saying. Sorry about that.

I do agree. It certainly is possible for BlackBerry to downsize and I'm sure they know that is what they must do. It is crazy how much things have changed over the last 5 or so years. I remember when RIMM was over $100 and they were shipping 2-3 million units per quarter. Now, numbers like those aren't enough.
    12-03-13 02:04 PM
    Ah I see what you're saying. Sorry about that.

I do agree. It certainly is possible for BlackBerry to downsize and I'm sure they know that is what they must do. It is crazy how much things have changed over the last 5 or so years. I remember when RIMM was over $100 and they were shipping 2-3 million units per quarter. Now, numbers like those aren't enough.
    It's ok, I also remember being seconds away from investing $10 000 into bit coin when it was!$11... now it's at the $1000 line

Things change... which could be bad, but it could also be good. BlackBerry fell on bad times, maybe (maybe) they can right the ship

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 03:42 PM
    Products and services that rely on illegally using another company?s services are bound to lose in the end. Google is dropping third party support for Google Voice in may and there are a bunch of companies and users who will lose out.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 05:29 PM
35 12