10-27-13 08:07 PM
30 12
tools
    Nothing that he said leads me to believe he's talking about an offer. It sounded like he wants a job.

Where is the evidence that led to the thread title?
    10-24-13 08:13 AM
    Wow. This just got even more interesting. A former Apple CEO buying BlackBerry? Wow. That's amazing. I would've thought he supported Apple and their products but he did send them down back in the 90s.
    From Wiki:
    Under the direction of Sculley (1983-1993), who had learned several painful lessons after introducing the bulky Macintosh Portable in 1989, Apple introduced the PowerBook in 1991. The same year, Apple introduced System 7, a major upgrade to the operating system, which added color to the interface and introduced new networking capabilities. It remained the architectural basis for Mac OS until 2001. The success of the PowerBook and other products brought increasing revenue. For some time, it appeared that Apple could do no wrong, introducing fresh new products and generating increasing profits in the process. The magazine MacAddict named the period between 1989 and 1991 as the "first golden age" of the Macintosh.
    Apple was very profitable during Sculley's watch. However, Sculley's big mistake was giving away Apple's "crown jewels" to Microsoft in fear of not getting Office support for the Mac. When Apple lost the appeal in 1994, it became a Windows world.
    10-24-13 10:59 AM
    In reality they didn't have much of a chance winning those lawsuits anyways. Lots of reasons why Apple failed in the 90ies, but this isn't one of them.

Scully's track record at Apple wasn't the best. They had huge problems with their supply line, focus, a mess of a lineup, outdated OS and constant catching up. And all of those problems started or got worse under Scully.

He might be an average CEO, but he's neither a visionary or a "tech guy".

I really don't see what he could do for Blackberry...
    10-24-13 11:59 AM
    From Wiki:

Apple was very profitable during Sculley's watch. However, Sculley's big mistake was giving away Apple's "crown jewels" to Microsoft in fear of not getting Office support for the Mac. When Apple lost the appeal in 1994, it became a Windows world.
    Yeah I've read that.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:29 PM
    In reality they didn't have much of a chance winning those lawsuits anyways. Lots of reasons why Apple failed in the 90ies, but this isn't one of them.

Scully's track record at Apple wasn't the best. They had huge problems with their supply line, focus, a mess of a lineup, outdated OS and constant catching up. And all of those problems started or got worse under Scully.

He might be an average CEO, but he's neither a visionary or a "tech guy".

I really don't see what he could do for Blackberry...
    Complete nonsense. He made Apple into a powerful brand, not to mention a very profitable company - something Jobs never managed to do (BEFORE him) and even during his "second coming" Jobs was still relying on the cult-like brand power Scully built for him.

Sent from my C6833 using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by szlevi; 10-28-13 at 06:36 AM.
    10-27-13 08:07 PM
30 12