03-07-15 09:35 PM
864 ... 333435
tools
    I agree partly. Development keeps getting stifled by the android runtime that's installed. BlackBerry is relying way too much on Android for survival. It can't go full android apparently without compromising themselves as a company and developers don't want to make apps for a company that's reliant on a runtime to sustain it. I don't have all the answers, but maybe BlackBerry needs to give 100% of profits back to developers. They need to do something to get native applications going. If they don't go that route, they need to optimize the runtime so that 100% of the apps work 100%. I'm including getting notifications for Android apps in the hub and making sure that they are all good to go.

Posted via CB10
    The problem for App developers is not the runtime, it's the lack of market share, sales and retail presence for the platform. That and a suspicion that that the platform may not survive.
    02-14-15 07:24 AM
    That and a suspicion that that the platform may not survive.
    And that won't go away with name BlackBerry behind the platform. Everyone has been told for 4 to 5 years straight BlackBerry is dead. When my sister, who doesn't follow tech at all saw my Z30 and was shocked it was a BlackBerry said "I thought BlackBerry was dead"! Nobody will develop for or buy a brand that has death associated with it. The platforms best chance at survival is without the BlackBerry name at the bottom, and in the hands of a company with deep pockets.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    02-14-15 04:41 PM
    And that won't go away with name BlackBerry behind the platform. Everyone has been told for 4 to 5 years straight BlackBerry is dead. When my sister, who doesn't follow tech at all saw my Z30 and was shocked it was a BlackBerry said "I thought BlackBerry was dead"! Nobody will develop for or buy a brand that has death associated with it. The platforms best chance at survival is without the BlackBerry name at the bottom, and in the hands of a company with deep pockets.

Posted via CB10
    Well you ain't seen nothing yet !
    02-14-15 05:23 PM
    Well you ain't seen nothing yet !
    Your right its likely to get worse
    techvisor and 3MIKE like this.
    02-14-15 05:37 PM
    Your right its likely to get worse
    For all others except BlackBerry
    02-15-15 01:05 AM
    For all others except BlackBerry
    Apple is doomed I tell you, doomed.
    02-15-15 09:33 AM
    Apple is doomed I tell you, doomed.
    Boy your a pessimist !
    02-15-15 09:47 AM
    If I can find that video of their live event of them complaining about apple forcing their services on the masses I will post it. That's why google purchased key companies that changed certain things happening. Like YouTube and many other. Notice how apple no longer had YouTube and Google nav embedded in the OS anymore? Once Google purchased these companies, and set up their apps to work a certain way, apple had to make them download able through the store

Posted via CB10
    I know and understand your point of view, WP doesn't have official Google Services either and is a big detriment to that platform too. Though I don't agree on a government mandate or other ways to level the playing field that is against the developers side. The minority platforms must compete on their merits and boost their market share to get developer interest. You want to captivate them and encourage them to develop for you not through force. The developers should have a choice to develop for or not because they may end up developing half baked solutions and it will not make anyone's side any better because of a forceful push.
    Where in my writing did you see that. I didn't say that at all. Read it again, it states that BlackBerry isn't the only one with this issue. Amazon, Microsoft, are also having issues with certain apps that only are available to who Google approves it to be. It wasn't so in the past, now it is. It's control. Has nothing to do with the future of BlackBerry. It has to do with the comments that we made by Mr Chen there. And why he made them. You just don't see it. I've been watching it unfold for years now.

Posted via CB10
    Just a quick thought:
    So the world is admittedly hooked on Google services now, and without them everything comes to a stand-still?

8-o

  Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...  
    02-15-15 04:24 PM
    BB10 will never be successful.Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 06:24 AM
    FCC Chair Refuses to Testify before Congress ahead of Net Neutrality Vote

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm you trust the big government? Ha! The most transparent administration ever!! /SARC

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...andrew-johnson

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:20 PM
    More articles of interest:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/0...-conduct-rules

http://www.nationaljournal.com/tech/...owers-20150225

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/so...rticle/2560702

http://reason.com/archives/2015/02/2...lity-a-soluti/

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...he-fcc-lawless

It's better to understand what's going on in reality. The reality is the commies want to takeover your Internet! Just like they did with our health care etc.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by VictorRight; 02-25-15 at 02:40 PM.
    02-25-15 02:27 PM
    You know that the internet was originally created with US government funding right? And that commercial activity was not acceptable during its early years.
    02-25-15 08:24 PM
    You know that the internet was originally created with US government funding right? And that commercial activity was not acceptable during its early years.
    Of course I know. What is your point? You have a completely different situation here. Your comparing apples to oranges.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:07 AM
    John Chen's thoughts on Net Neutrality-img_20150307_213328.jpgq

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 09:35 PM
864 ... 333435