08-13-15 03:59 PM
97 1234
tools
    Google Play Services needed to make a BlackBerry 10 device 'usable'? WTF kind of crack you been smoking? LMAO!! All BlackBerry 10 wants Google Play Services for is so consumers can download cr@ppy android apps. That's all. Nothing more. BlackBerry 10 is so much more 'usable' for all communications, multitasking, reliability, productivity, security, and privacy needs than anything else on the market. I don't need Google Play Services at all, but it is all that BlackBerry 10 'needs' for consumer zombies to buy into the product. Only an 2 year old child would think BlackBerry 10 is not more 'usable' than especially android.
    Take the time to consider where Apple makes their money from. Consumers. (Quite possibly blind iSheep, but I digress.) As a teenager with a Z30, I've been quite literally laughed at for having a Blackberry. And that's considering the fact I live within half an hour of Waterloo! As for Android apps and the OS being bad compared to BB10, sure, there are many garbage apps on the Play Store. And on older devices, sure, there might be some lag. But the important apps are there. Stuff like Instagram and a myriad number of various messaging apps I can't hardly begin to list are on Android. The Hub is amazing, don't get me wrong, but if the phone doesn't have the app needed, the Hub doesn't do much good. Multitasking is much nicer in Android Lollipop than in previous versions. Instead of swiping up, I hit a button, and all my running apps are there. There's no need for a bunch of apps to stay open when I can just use a widget and have customized displays of the information wherever I want it. Consumer "zombies" need to buy into whatever BlackBerry releases if you want BlackBerry to stay around in any recognizable form. (Also, this post was written on the desktop version of crackberry, on my Android tablet.)
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    07-13-15 10:42 PM
    We've had multiple people with "sources" as well as evleaks mentioning about an android BlackBerry. It's coming guys, that's just the way it is. As Blaize mentioned somewhere else they've been running/testing Android internally for a while..

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 10:53 PM
    This is what's wrong with Twitter........
    No this is what's wrong with someone who doesn't concur with something he finds funny or likes. Twitter is fine.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-13-15 10:56 PM
    Take the time to consider where Apple makes their money from. Consumers. (Quite possibly blind iSheep, but I digress.) As a teenager with a Z30, I've been quite literally laughed at for having a Blackberry. And that's considering the fact I live within half an hour of Waterloo! As for Android apps and the OS being bad compared to BB10, sure, there are many garbage apps on the Play Store. And on older devices, sure, there might be some lag. But the important apps are there. Stuff like Instagram and a myriad number of various messaging apps I can't hardly begin to list are on Android. The Hub is amazing, don't get me wrong, but if the phone doesn't have the app needed, the Hub doesn't do much good. Multitasking is much nicer in Android Lollipop than in previous versions. Instead of swiping up, I hit a button, and all my running apps are there. There's no need for a bunch of apps to stay open when I can just use a widget and have customized displays of the information wherever I want it. Consumer "zombies" need to buy into whatever BlackBerry releases if you want BlackBerry to stay around in any recognizable form. (Also, this post was written on the desktop version of crackberry, on my Android tablet.)
    Wait... so I'm a zombie now? This means I would buy an android OS BlackBerry which I wouldn't.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-13-15 10:58 PM
    We've had multiple people with "sources" as well as evleaks mentioning about an android BlackBerry. It's coming guys, that's just the way it is. As Blaize mentioned somewhere else they've been running/testing Android internally for a while..

Posted via CB10
    How about we take your word for it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-13-15 11:00 PM
    Google Services in this cases probably means Google Apps for BB10 such as G-Drive, Google Maps, YouTube, Photos and who knows maybe even Chrome. Sure they would all be android ports if it ever happens :P

Point is Google Services doesn't necessarily means Google Play Services or Store.
    This is what BB10 will get IF Google is generous enough. Nothing more. This can shut off some of the whining enterprises customers. iOS is precedence.

BB10 needs GPS to attract consumers along with effective marketing, good pricing strategy blah blah which in turn does not guarantee success for BBRY.

And No, Google don't need BB even for their enterprise play. They are not even targeting the security concise enterprises.

The entire BB-Android discussion is in smoke.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    07-14-15 01:12 AM
    My opinion is that BlackBerry making a phone running full Android cannot hurt BlackBerry in anyway.. Best case scenario for someone like me is to have a phone with BB10 running Google Services fully.However on such a phone, I hope that BlackBerry devs do their magic so that Native BlackBerry apps could be invoked from Android apps.. What I mean is that such APIs be developed for native apps so they are invokeable from Android side.. One example would be, when I am using Flipboard and want to open a page in browser then I could choose Zeus.. This also means that given resource intensive environment BlackBerry would have to build leading edge hardware, at least in terms of processing and memory.. Which could be a good selling point too..

What I am saying in short is.. could you please give us the best of both worlds BlackBerry? Please!!...

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-14-15 02:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    You would need people internally to be testing.... BBM for Android, the new BlackBerry Experience. Heck I've always said that everyone at RIM/BlackBerry should be required to use both Android and iOS.

That said.... yeah at this point I think BB10 is done, Chen REALLY, REALLY needs to get some growth happening with BES. And maybe if he "shows" enterprise that Android can be secured and that BES works very well with Android. He can get the ball rolling. I doubt he would really try to compete in the Android market... other than maybe just a line of Keyboard devices (if there is a market for such a thing).
    07-14-15 07:40 AM
    Wait... so I'm a zombie now? This means I would buy an android OS BlackBerry which I wouldn't.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    I was simply borrowing the term already used. Anyway, let's get back to the topic at hand
    07-14-15 08:03 AM
    I was simply borrowing the term already used. Anyway, let's get back to the topic at hand
    I stayed on topic Idk about you.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-14-15 08:33 AM
    My opinion is that BlackBerry making a phone running full Android cannot hurt BlackBerry in anyway.. Best case scenario for someone like me is to have a phone with BB10 running Google Services fully.However on such a phone, I hope that BlackBerry devs do their magic so that Native BlackBerry apps could be invoked from Android apps.. What I mean is that such APIs be developed for native apps so they are invokeable from Android side.. One example would be, when I am using Flipboard and want to open a page in browser then I could choose Zeus.. This also means that given resource intensive environment BlackBerry would have to build leading edge hardware, at least in terms of processing and memory.. Which could be a good selling point too..

What I am saying in short is.. could you please give us the best of both worlds BlackBerry? Please!!...

Posted via CB10
    Why would you be worried about using Zeus on an android OS?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-14-15 08:35 AM
    It depends upon the person reading his tweet! I think it means nothing.
    07-14-15 08:49 AM
    Why are you so sure for "This is what BB10 will get IF Google is generous enough"? Do you have inside info?
    07-14-15 09:23 AM
    This is what BB10 will get IF Google is generous enough. Nothing more. This can shut off some of the whining enterprises customers. iOS is precedence.

BB10 needs GPS to attract consumers along with effective marketing, good pricing strategy blah blah which in turn does not guarantee success for BBRY.

And No, Google don't need BB even for their enterprise play. They are not even targeting the security concise enterprises.

The entire BB-Android discussion is in smoke.
    Why are you so sure for what BB10 will get? Do you have inside info?
    07-14-15 09:26 AM
    Why are you so sure for what BB10 will get? Do you have inside info?
    Lol, at this point, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING said about this is pure speculation. That's why IF.
    07-14-15 09:31 AM
    Lol, at this point, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING said about this is pure speculation. That's why IF.
    So you are guessing how generous Google would be.
    07-14-15 09:45 AM
    I beg to disagree.
    My BlackBerry works fine. I don't need Google play to make my device usable. I only have two android apps on my device- Instagram and Tapatalk. I don't even need Google Play to make them work for me. The apps work well for me. If I don't have the ability to use those apps on my device anymore. I will make do with iGrann and individual forums apps.
    That is a very narrow minded point of view, just because you only use a couple of apps does not mean there is no general need for them and everyone else can do like you... That's like saying you only communicate with SMS so no need for BlackBerry phones to have phone functionality... lol..

Just look at the forums, full of people trying figure out a way to run their favorite apps and implementing workarounds like patching apps and installing patched Google Play Store, etc. The truth of the matter is that if BB10 had Google Sarvices and Google Play Store the app problem would be completely solved and BlackBerry phones would be a lot more popular... tons of people love BB10 but leaves because they don't have the apps they want...

The key for BlackBerry to do this would be of course to make it optional though, a lot of people hates Google data mining practices so it may backfire when your main selling point is security.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    07-14-15 12:02 PM
    @Lumute - This is what I've been saying for a very long time. Remove the restrictions to installing Google Play Services. BlackBerry does not even have to preload Play Services. They can do it like the Chinese manufacturers of Android and just don't restrict the end user. Had this been done 1-2 years ago, or ideally at launch of BlackBerry 10, things would probably look a lot different today for the hardware division.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    07-14-15 12:11 PM
    That is a very narrow minded point of view, just because you only use a couple of apps does not mean there is no general need for them and everyone else can do like you... That's like saying you only communicate with SMS so no need for BlackBerry phones to have phone functionality... lol..

Just look at the forums, full of people trying figure out a way to run their favorite apps and implementing workarounds like patching apps and installing patched Google Play Store, etc. The truth of the matter is that if BB10 had Google Sarvices and Google Play Store the app problem would be completely solved and BlackBerry phones would be a lot more popular... tons of people love BB10 but leaves because they don't have the apps they want...

The key for BlackBerry to do this would be of course to make it optional though, a lot of people hates Google data mining practices so it may backfire when your main selling point is security.
    You should try reading the post I responded to before coming to the conclusion that my view is narrow-minded.
    I only responded to someone saying that blackberry is not all that usable as it is and would be more usable if Google is added.
    Do you expect me to agree with the person when I know it really works for me? No I don't think so.
    I only aired my personal opinion and I don't expect anyone to follow suit.
    Read my comment again and you would see that I didn't generalise anything. All I said was based on my own opinion and usage. Every other person is free to make their choice. I just made mine. So you can say that is narrow-minded.
    07-14-15 12:42 PM
    You should try reading the post I responded to before coming to the conclusion that my view is narrow-minded.
    I only responded to someone saying that blackberry is not all that usable as it is and would be more usable if Google is added.
    Do you expect me to agree with the person when I know it really works for me? No I don't think so.
    I only aired my personal opinion and I don't expect anyone to follow suit.
    Read my comment again and you would see that I didn't generalise anything. All I said was based on my own opinion and usage. Every other person is free to make their choice. I just made mine. So you can say that is narrow-minded.
    I said it certainly would make our devices more usable. I never said that blackberry is not all that usable as it is. Why wouldn't it be more usable if Google is added? Wouldn't the devices have additional functionality than they presently have? Wouldn't that increase their potential customer base by now including people who like BlackBerry but prefer to have their Google services dependent apps just work?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 03:10 PM
    I just realised the YouTube app is a must if you have a Samsung Smart TV.
    07-14-15 03:14 PM
    BB10 needs Native Apps. BB10 apps are far superior to Android. Those that use BB10 already know this basic fact.

BlackBerry Z30
    extisis, KingOfQwerty and gfondeur like this.
    07-14-15 03:43 PM
    BB10 needs Native Apps. BB10 apps are far superior to Android. Those that use BB10 already know this basic fact.

BlackBerry Z30
    It isn't true that they are superior on BB but it doesn't matter. They have a 0.5% market share and dropping. The apps aren't coming for BB10. Ever.
    07-14-15 03:46 PM
    Yeah it means he knows what is wrong with his hardware sales.... It needs Google to save it.
    Not entirely true. The main issue is garbage marketing then comes the app issue. BB10 needs BB10 Native Apps. BlackBerry should pay Dev's for all high profile apps for BB10.

BlackBerry Z30
    07-14-15 03:47 PM
    It isn't true that they are superior on BB but it doesn't matter. They have a 0.5% market share and dropping. The apps aren't coming for BB10. Ever.
    Native BB10 apps are "Superior". It's a fact, not an opinion. Try swiping down on a BB10 Native App and try doing the same with a Android App. Need I say more.

BlackBerry Z30
    gfondeur likes this.
    07-14-15 03:50 PM
97 1234