08-13-15 03:59 PM
97 1234
tools
    That's not a bad trade off. I believe with all the mobile platforms on a equal app level BlackBerry will look attractive once again. JC's Trying different angles here. There's nothing wrong with BlackBerry's os. Everyone knows that. It's the apps that are the problem. Devs don't want to develop for BlackBerry so JC'S finding another way to skin the cat.

Posted via CB.10 on my  Z10
    See no reason for Google to give BlackBerry ANYTHING. Securing Android and iOS is what BlackBerry is in the business to try to do with BES.... especially when their own OS hasn't caught on with consumers, development markets or enterprise. And Google announced "partnerships" with several other companies at the same time BlackBerry was announced by them... they are just one of many EMMs that are now compatible with Android for Work.

The only ones that want mobile platforms on a equal app level... are the platforms that don't have Apps. Both Google and especially Apple know just how important developers are too them, and how that allows them a form of control over others. They aren't giving that up that "control" (Google Services in Google case).... especially not to BlackBerry - which either one could just buy (as in the whole company) if they needed the technology and not even notice it on their quarterly ER.
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    07-13-15 12:02 PM
    You're right! It's gone! Too bad I didn't screencapt it.

Posted via CB10

It's OK the internet has it now. Lol

John Chen's Retweet about Google Services-1436809925275_671864.jpg
    07-13-15 12:53 PM
    I don't see how having Google services is going to to anything to increase hardware sales.
    07-13-15 01:02 PM
    I beg to disagree.
    My BlackBerry works fine. I don't need Google play to make my device usable. I only have two android apps on my device- Instagram and Tapatalk. I don't even need Google Play to make them work for me. The apps work well for me. If I don't have the ability to use those apps on my device anymore. I will make do with iGrann and individual forums apps.
    Well the above may apply to you, myself and many other die hard BlackBerry fans and/fans or people who like and value BB10 for what it is but my statement wasn't about you, nor myself nor Crackberrians. It was about the other 99.05% out there who BlackBerry needs to capture in order to make BlackBerry 10 and Devices more viable for BlackBerry and also for people like us who like BlackBerry 10 even without those things.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 07-13-15 at 02:07 PM.
    07-13-15 01:05 PM
    Oh sweet heavens... no, he didn't. There is a reason those type of open letters stopped coming. That app neutrality post was just bad... LOL.
    It seems like you are kidding but in case you aren't. If we had "App Neutrality" then there would be no App gap.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-13-15 01:07 PM
    It seems like you are kidding but in case you aren't. If we had "App Neutrality" then there would be no App gap.
    Dead serious. It was the worst proclamation I've heard from a tech CEO since Ballmer, and I genuinely like JC, and think he is just what the company needs.

I am not saying there isn't an app gap; my opinion is that the call for app neutrality exposed the company to droves of scorn, and rightfully so.
    07-13-15 01:28 PM
    I don't see how having Google services is going to to anything to increase hardware sales.
    Here's the thing that gets lost in the rumors. I'm not sure it'll help either. Barnes & Noble Nook line, anyone?
    07-13-15 01:29 PM
    That's not a bad trade off. I believe with all the mobile platforms on a equal app level BlackBerry will look attractive once again. JC's Trying different angles here. There's nothing wrong with BlackBerry's os. Everyone knows that. It's the apps that are the problem. Devs don't want to develop for BlackBerry so JC'S finding another way to skin the cat.

Posted via CB.10 on my  Z10
    Couldn't agree more

My view is that a corporate BlackBerry (utilising Balance), with a locked-down work-side, but also with a personal side with google services (eg all the android apps would be available), would be a very attractive smartphone, and would definitely sell much more than the current BlackBerry devices.
    07-13-15 01:37 PM
    This shows he either re-tweeted by mistake, or didn't want people confusing what he meant by re-tweeting that tweet. I have a screen shot of the tweet but no point posting it since he has un-re-tweeted the retweet.
    Ok say that 10 times fast without stammering...
    07-13-15 02:39 PM
    Fat fingers, probably...

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    07-13-15 03:22 PM
    Fat fingers, probably...

Posted via CB10

^This.

But hey, at least he's reading.
    LazyEvul and Camelhmpz like this.
    07-13-15 03:33 PM
    John Chen just retweeted this.

@JohnChen RT@AnnLouiseWinter Would agree with you. BB10 just need Google Services. Thats All! @AllAboutMyBB @JohnChen

Does it mean something?

*Edited to make this post more accurate. Thank's for the correction.*

Posted via CB10
    Means they don't intend to take developers to their ecosys, just hijacking another one

Google will be OK for BlackBerry to use Google Play in the near future, as long as BlackBerry helps them to secure Android software.
    Blackberry get paid by securing android. Does google have any benefit by letting blackberry use their playstore?

I beg to disagree.
    My BlackBerry works fine. I don't need Google play to make my device usable. I only have two android apps on my device- Instagram and Tapatalk. I don't even need Google Play to make them work for me. The apps work well for me. If I don't have the ability to use those apps on my device anymore. I will make do with iGrann and individual forums apps.
    But blackberry needs
    07-13-15 04:54 PM
    He didn't tweet that. He only retweeted. That's two different things.
    I can retweet a tweet i like or find funny.....doesn't mean I concur with whatever the tweet says.
    if you retweet, one can and will assume you do.
    07-13-15 06:23 PM
    Google Services in this cases probably means Google Apps for BB10 such as G-Drive, Google Maps, YouTube, Photos and who knows maybe even Chrome. Sure they would all be android ports if it ever happens :P

Point is Google Services doesn't necessarily means Google Play Services or Store.
    07-13-15 06:56 PM
    Too much hype for just a re-tweet? , in my opinion, there's two ways this is going: he retweeted that in order to others to know that he's aware of that, and maybe with the hype that caused he undo the retweet, or, made it by mistake. Either way, it doesn't mean actually anything to the whole BlackBerry-Android thing, take it easy guys
    07-13-15 08:58 PM
    Over the period, I have also realised, BB10 needs google services in order to run all android applications on BB10. I felt so bad when I tried to install Uber and Ola (India) on Z30 but no way, I could. Even I tried thru Google Play but it needed google services to run. As of now, no cab applications are available on BB World.
    07-13-15 09:09 PM
    Why would you retweet something you didn't concur with ?
    extisis and RJ_Motivation like this.
    07-13-15 09:12 PM
    Google Play Services needed to make a BlackBerry 10 device 'usable'? WTF kind of crack you been smoking? LMAO!! All BlackBerry 10 wants Google Play Services for is so consumers can download cr@ppy android apps. That's all. Nothing more. BlackBerry 10 is so much more 'usable' for all communications, multitasking, reliability, productivity, security, and privacy needs than anything else on the market. I don't need Google Play Services at all, but it is all that BlackBerry 10 'needs' for consumer zombies to buy into the product. Only an 2 year old child would think BlackBerry 10 is not more 'usable' than especially android.
    extisis, KingOfQwerty and bigjman like this.
    07-13-15 09:12 PM
    I beg to disagree.
    Glad that works for you but most people demand a lot more from a phone.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    07-13-15 09:39 PM
    Over the period, I have also realised, BB10 needs google services in order to run all android applications on BB10. I felt so bad when I tried to install Uber and Ola (India) on Z30 but no way, I could. Even I tried thru Google Play but it needed google services to run. As of now, no cab applications are available on BB World.
    i can and have used Uber without google services
    07-13-15 09:41 PM
    Google Play Services needed to make a BlackBerry 10 device 'usable'? WTF kind of crack you been smoking? LMAO!! All BlackBerry 10 wants Google Play Services for is so consumers can download cr@ppy android apps. That's all. Nothing more. BlackBerry 10 is so much more 'usable' for all communications, multitasking, reliability, productivity, security, and privacy needs than anything else on the market. I don't need Google Play Services at all, but it is all that BlackBerry 10 'needs' for consumer zombies to buy into the product. Only an 2 year old child would think BlackBerry 10 is not more 'usable' than especially android.
    The BB10 ecosystem isn't competitive in my experience for most things including productivity. And I'm not 2, rather 60. For instance for travel it isn't even a player. Lots of work travel, forget it. Team management things, I think nada. Basically I can't think of one area where BB10 can compete with Android or iOS. It explains the 0.5% market share pretty clearly in my opinion.
    07-13-15 09:43 PM
    People are reading so much into this haha I bet he did it by mistake.
    07-13-15 09:47 PM
    It would certainly make our devices more usable and for those who are non technical, it would take some of the scrappyness out of the experience of owning a BB10 phone. I think that most people would like something that just works and they also would like to be able to participate in things and experiences that their peers and family are experiencing regardless of their phone platform. In that regard the BB10 experience falls extremely short compared to the other options which are easily available. This limits the potential satisfaction rating of the OS and platform as a whole and it is reflected in the sales. If BlackBerry can get things working more seamlessly, just better overall and have less limitations then the Android compatibility can be more confidently promoted and hopefully more customers would be satisfied and potential customers might be less turned off and more inclined to try the brand given it's ubiquitousness when it comes to apps. Chen knew what he was talking about when he spoke about App Neutrality. Fact is the BB10 Android Runtime is extremely robust when you look at what it's really capable of when pushed to it's limits. Look at what Cobalt232 is doing! Almost every app and Google Service can technically run and run well on the BB10 Android runtime. It's just politics and artificially created barriers that are holding back the compatibility of the runtime. The runtime is actually much better than a lot of people give BlackBerry credit for. BB10 needs Android (As in the ecosystem) in order to remain viable and in order to grow and be accepted and acceptable to the masses.

Posted via CB10
    This is the best answer ever! Sorry to be cheesy but its simply true.
    07-13-15 09:56 PM
    People are reading so much into this haha I bet he did it by mistake.
    Ya think?
    07-13-15 10:07 PM
    He didn't tweet that. He only retweeted. That's two different things.
    I can retweet a tweet i like or find funny.....doesn't mean I concur with whatever the tweet says.
    This is what's wrong with Twitter........
    07-13-15 10:40 PM
97 1234