06-23-15 08:32 AM
102 123 ...
tools
    06-10-15 12:40 PM
    Get all Android apps by running a full Android on their newer devices... with the BlackBerry experience to make it "BlackBerry"?
    Maxxxpower, DJM626, THBW and 2 others like this.
    06-10-15 01:01 PM
    John Chen's new app strategy?-untitled.png
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-10-15 01:59 PM
    I hope it's an ios app runtime.

Posted via CB10
    harshik likes this.
    06-10-15 02:03 PM
    It's got to be increased Android app compatibility if not smartphones running Android itself. I think it's really notable how little BB10 has been mentioned in all of his press appearances.
    06-10-15 02:17 PM
    Google play

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 02:26 PM
    I hope it's an ios app runtime.

Posted via CB10

The only problem with that though is that iOS apps are not as easily obtained outside of the app store as android apk's. The main source would be homebrew apps from Cydia.
    06-10-15 02:42 PM
    Go full Android with the Google play store.
    extisis and yokogeri374 like this.
    06-10-15 04:16 PM
    Go full Android with the Google play store.
    Not need for BlackBerry then. Go get an Android today.
    Allanon89 likes this.
    06-10-15 04:25 PM
    Not need for BlackBerry then. Go get an Android today.
    Is this the new app plan?
    citystars41, mh1983 and cbobb123 like this.
    06-10-15 04:40 PM
    Bb10 for enterprise. Android BlackBerry for customers.

Posted via CB10
    Atakan, Mecca EL and cen89 like this.
    06-10-15 04:42 PM
    Bb10 for enterprise. Android BlackBerry for customers.

Posted via CB10
    An AndroBerry? Or a BerryDroid?

Posted via CB10
    delgadom likes this.
    06-10-15 04:49 PM
    It makes me very sad, but I feel like the powers that be at BlackBerry believe that the only hope of staying in the hardware game is to adopt Android on a pretty significant level.

I think Chen would like BlackBerry's software engineers to be working on projects that are profitable. BB10 right now is not. I think he will let Google spend the money developing the OS, and BlackBerry will provide other security-based software (whatever the specifics of that may be, I have no idea).

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-10-15 06:37 PM
    Well the slider hasn't shown up in any leaks yet and it's release is due in the next 6 months.
    10.4 hasn't been spotted yet.
    And BlackBerry probably wants a phone that could show off its BlackBerry experience for Android so I think that'll be the slider.
    Then they'll continue to maintain BB10 for enterprise customers etc.
    If that's how things worked out I'd be pretty happy.

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 and leejayh like this.
    06-10-15 07:01 PM
    It makes me very sad, but I feel like the powers that be at BlackBerry believe that the only hope of staying in the hardware game is to adopt Android on a pretty significant level.

I think Chen would like BlackBerry's software engineers to be working on projects that are profitable. BB10 right now is not. I think he will let Google spend the money developing the OS, and BlackBerry will provide other security-based software (whatever the specifics of that may be, I have no idea).

Posted via CB10
    That is the best use of their limited resources.
    Further software development on BB10 at this point will really yielding limited benefit. Developers have fled the platform and it is just a dead-end for BBRY. Moving forward, BBRY needs to invest in securing Android and focused on the niche security-aware, enterprise market for their handset. Platform agnostic EMM and software service are now what the company should be known for.
    06-10-15 07:20 PM
    Cyanaogen and MS are cooking something up perhaps BlackBerry will get in on the action?

Loving my Passport!
    06-10-15 07:40 PM
    I thought HTML5 would become the new standard for all apps (IOS, Android, Windows...), one language for all.
    06-10-15 08:29 PM
    The only problem with that though is that iOS apps are not as easily obtained outside of the app store as android apk's. The main source would be homebrew apps from Cydia.
    I read an interesting article on line yesterday about apple soon might not be locked down and may be making things available to other platforms in the future. When you stop and think about QNX being utilized by apple and android in car systems it seems that this could very well be possible. Maybe we are not right around the corner about seeing this happen but there are some interesting articles out there.

Chen might be a lot smarter then some people are giving him credit for. After all, he is all about software
    rakeem147 likes this.
    06-10-15 08:34 PM
    Cyanaogen and MS are cooking something up perhaps BlackBerry will get in on the action?

Loving my Passport!
    This is a distinct possibility. I would even go further to suggest others entering the mix (Samsung?). The alliance would better serve all parties, more so than any one of them going to bed with Google. They all have something to contribute and gain.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 09:18 PM
    Well the slider hasn't shown up in any leaks yet and it's release is due in the next 6 months.
    10.4 hasn't been spotted yet.
    And BlackBerry probably wants a phone that could show off its BlackBerry experience for Android so I think that'll be the slider.
    Then they'll continue to maintain BB10 for enterprise customers etc.
    If that's how things worked out I'd be pretty happy.

Posted via CB10
    Leaks have been sealed pretty well. We didn't see 10.3.2.2xxx until this week and then it leaked just now.

Maybe when we're a month away and don't see anything ill start believing there's an Android phone in the works.

But I'm with BlackBerry for BlackBerry 10. I'm with Android for the apps. (2 phones). I hope they have a better answer to the app gap than completely dropping BlackBerry 10 and switching to Android.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 10:19 PM
    Leaks have been sealed pretty well. We didn't see 10.3.2.2xxx until this week and then it leaked just now.

Maybe when we're a month away and don't see anything ill start believing there's an Android phone in the works.

But I'm with BlackBerry for BlackBerry 10. I'm with Android for the apps. (2 phones). I hope they have a better answer to the app gap than completely dropping BlackBerry 10 and switching to Android.

Posted via CB10
    Here's hoping too. I'm in with BlackBerry 10, I think it's an excellent OS and I maybe in the minority but the android proposition is just not my thing.

Posted via CB10
    Allanon89 likes this.
    06-10-15 11:57 PM
    Don't think they will drop BB10. Chen has mentioned numerous times about how he can only secure iOS and Android only to a certain level. But he can secure a BlackBerry completely. Just my opinion though.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 12:47 AM
    Dropping OS10 without sale, would be bad move and shareholders could sue BlackBerry for that. The cost of developing fully functional, modern mobile OS is in billions. Truth is, there are buyers, for which secure mobile OS is highly desirable (cough Russia, cough China) and probably can pay premium to obtain it. This however will be blocked by US. But, in such case uncle Sam should compensate BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    claneyy likes this.
    06-11-15 01:56 AM
    Believe me or not Steve Wozniak said that blackberry will eventually move to android and he said that 2.5 years ago.
    Coachbulldog and chalx like this.
    06-11-15 02:06 AM
    Believe me or not Steve Wozniak said that blackberry will eventually move to android and he said that 2.5 years ago.
    Yup and it ran here on Crackberry

http://m.crackberry.com/apple-co-fou...switch-android

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 02:23 AM
102 123 ...