I saw a intresting interview with John Chen on Fox Business News:
    CEO: BlackBerry Focusing on Security Over Smartphones | Fox Business
    lynxs_claw and SilkySunshine like this.
    07-23-15 01:22 PM
    Really not happy about this interview quote from Chen:

We are reducing jobs but its not so much as reducing-- we are shifting it Traditionally we make four phones a year We are not going to do that anymore. We are going to at least cut it down to a lot less number, maybe two, maybe one and [shift] those resources [to] the security and software side, he said. **

I hope it comes down to a Passport, a Slider and a z50.. but it seems like they'll be a lot less to choose from

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    07-23-15 01:32 PM
    Really not happy about this interview quote from Chen:

We are reducing jobs but its not so much as reducing-- we are shifting it Traditionally we make four phones a year We are not going to do that anymore. We are going to at least cut it down to a lot less number, maybe two, maybe one and [shift] those resources [to] the security and software side, he said. **

I hope it comes down to a Passport, a Slider and a z50.. but it seems like they'll be a lot less to choose from

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    4 is too many for a company as small as BlackBerry. They need to focus on 1 or 2. This would allow for more marketing dollars as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 01:36 PM
    Since they brought back the toolbelt there will be a "normal" sized qwerty and a full touch. I think BlackBerry cannot afford to experiment with phones like the passport. (I am writing this words from a passport and totally love it but the rest of the world looks very strangely on this device)

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 01:39 PM
    07-23-15 01:42 PM
    One or two really great phones with great software is better than four mediocre phones, I believe. If they can somehow release the slider with full Google Play Store access and that catches on, then continuing to release an upgraded slider and Passport in coming years would make a good portfolio.
    07-23-15 01:55 PM