10-21-13 09:25 AM
28 12
tools

J.D. Powers survey is based on experiences evaluated by 16,421 smartphone customers who are signed-up with AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile, and who have owned their present smartphone less than one year.

Consumer satisfaction is measured in four factors, the press release adds: performance (33 percent), physical design (23 percent), features (22 percent), and ease of operation (22 percent).
    richardat likes this.
    10-18-13 05:57 AM
    I guess that's good that BlackBerry made it on the list! Too bad we're at the bottom though
    10-18-13 06:42 AM
    I wonder who is left out in that survey. Anyone below us??

http://www.imgur.com/l9QrbVq.jpeg

J.D. Power’s survey is based on “experiences evaluated by 16,421 smartphone customers” who are signed-up with AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile, and who have owned their present smartphone less than one year.

Consumer satisfaction is measured in four factors, the press release adds: performance (33 percent), physical design (23 percent), features (22 percent), and ease of operation (22 percent).
    richardat likes this.
    10-18-13 06:47 AM
    You've got to be kidding me. These are all of the manufacturers whose smartphones AT&T currently sells. So a more accurate thread title would be: "BB last in JD Power satisfaction survery."
    10-18-13 07:05 AM
    BlackBerry isn't last on Verizon, but it is on the others.

Here is the whole thing:

Press Release - 2013 U.S. Wireless Smartphone Satisfaction Study--Volume 2 | J.D. Power
    10-18-13 08:11 AM
    BlackBerry isn't last on Verizon, but it is on the others.

Here is the whole thing:

Press Release - 2013 U.S. Wireless Smartphone Satisfaction Study--Volume 2 | J.D. Power
    Thanks for posting. I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize the picture I posted was just for AT&T.
    10-18-13 08:24 AM
    This is nothing to be excited about. This is actually pretty terrible. However, I am more inclined to think that this a blend of all of BBRY phones, and not solely BB10, which is what we would like to see versus the other OS. I would agree that an Iphone would beat out a legacy device. BB10 is another story though.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:58 AM
    Update - this has to be old. Tmobile doesn't even have apple listed on it. The iphone came to Tmobile in April and the Z10 in march, I believe. These numbers have to be old and do not accurately reflect BB10.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 09:02 AM
    BlackBerry is almost on the same level as Pantech.

Break out the champagne!
    Last edited by birdman_38; 10-18-13 at 10:31 PM.
    10-18-13 09:05 AM
    Update - this has to be old. Tmobile doesn't even have apple listed on it. The iphone came to Tmobile in April and the Z10 in march, I believe. These numbers have to be old and do not accurately reflect BB10.

Posted via CB10
    It states February through August of 2013, so it's not old. But that was a good catch on T-Mobile.

EDIT: Just for laughs, I sent them an e-mail asking about the iPhone and T-Mobile. I'll post if I get an answer.
    10-18-13 09:17 AM
    Well this thread sure backfired...
    Cashgap likes this.
    10-18-13 09:55 AM
    Considering in the last year BB sold more OS7 devices than BB10, by far, this is an indication of BB OS7 and not necessarily BB10.
    10-18-13 10:00 AM
    Where is sony?

Posted from my Z10
    10-18-13 10:02 AM
    I guess that's good that BlackBerry made it on the list! Too bad we're at the bottom though
    You're pretty.

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    10-18-13 10:05 AM
    - Smartphone models that perform particularly well across all four U.S. wireless Tier 1 carriers[1] include (by OEM in alphabetical order): Apple iPhone 5; Blackberry Z10; Nokia Lumia 920 and Samsung Galaxy Note II.
    At least BB is mentioned
    10-18-13 10:42 AM
    Probably not happy with rebooting, battery, 10.1,camera and the fact that do not have the apps they thought would come.
    10-18-13 04:34 PM
    That's a pretty terrible chart to be touting. Blackberry is at the bottom. And while companies like Microsoft or Sony aren't even listed, the fact that Blackberry is well below the (AT&T) average is bad.

And the topic title is pretty misleading. It's more like Blackberry is ranked 10 out of 12 or something. Nothing to be proud of.
    10-18-13 04:38 PM
    This is nothing to be excited about. This is actually pretty terrible. However, I am more inclined to think that this a blend of all of BBRY phones, and not solely BB10, which is what we would like to see versus the other OS. I would agree that an Iphone would beat out a legacy device. BB10 is another story though.

Posted via CB10
    It's absolutely awful....a distant last overall. However, I noticed that a bullet point suggests the z10 as one of the models that performed "particularly well" across providers, so that might be indication of what you're suggesting, that the legacy devices dragged down the rating.

That would make sense to me because...and again....negative...but so few z10's were sold, those that were sold went to big BB fans, and I should think they'd rate it very high!! (having said that, there were all the rumors about returns...which also wouldn't suprise me given a few of the bugs, the big change from legacy OS, and the app support never materializing, among other things). Would need to know more about their specific results and methodology to say more...
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    10-18-13 05:42 PM
    from JD power:

It likely was because Apple’s share of T-Mobile’s business did not meet market share criteria. Let me talk with the research team on Monday and confirm.
    10-18-13 06:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    This list isn't really something you can use to compare one device to another. . . it's more of a measure of how the customers of each OEM rate their particular device. So, it's not that HTC devices are better than LGs, but rather that HTC's customers tend to be more satisfied than LGs. That could be because HTC devices are better, though it could also be that HTC customers expect less and thus are more easily satisfied.
    richardat likes this.
    10-19-13 01:24 AM
    Where is sony?
    I don't think any of their phones were being offered by US carriers, until T-Mobile picked up the Z1 only very recently.
    10-19-13 01:29 AM
    I don't think any of their phones were being offered by US carriers, until T-Mobile picked up the Z1 only very recently.
    That's not true

Posted from my Z10
    10-19-13 03:10 AM
    That's not true
    During the period of this survey? I can't think of any. AT&T had a couple phones last year but nothing this year that I can remember. Is the Xperia TL still available maybe?
    10-19-13 03:33 AM
    Legacy users.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    10-20-13 03:31 PM
    Where is sony?

Posted from my Z10
    The title of the thread is grossly misleading in more than one aspect. Aside from the fact that being "top 10" would be a non-feat, the JD Power survey is not intended as a comprehensive "ranking" of the smartphone OEMS at all. It's not a "top 10" list! The OEMS featured are merely the ones that JD Power researched.

So, for example, when OEMs like Sony or Kyocera are missing from particular charts, it does not mean that consumers were more or less satisfied with their devices than others. It just means that JD Power did not research their consumer satisfaction. So to say that Pantech is a more preferred OEM than Sony using the above chart is misapplication of the study because that is not what it is trying to convey at all.
    10-20-13 03:47 PM
28 12