05-14-14 06:33 AM
102 ... 2345
tools
    Yeah, come on James!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 03:31 AM
    If you guys haven't heard... since Crackberry are busy with watches and whatnot... but Blackberry just lost another major executive in the form of VP of Sales James Novak.

According to his Twitter account

[ATTACH=CONFIG]267372[/ATTACH
    If you're commenting on a measly sales VP you've got bigger problems. Try researching the hierarchy of a global tech conglomerate and try again.

What a waste of a thread. Kevin should close.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    05-04-14 03:46 AM
    think so......

its good that he goes.

Obviously he hasn't been doing that great of a job so good ridden. Maybe Chen can get someone better to help increase sales

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 07:21 AM
    I feel like there is more crack then berry on the site. I think after the failure of torsten who was a good friend to blackberry they seem to be trying to distance themselves from the site. Even going so far as to having others cover blackberry news. Hence the search for new reporters. i think maybe the fight has gone out of many at the crackberry team. I cant say i blame them but its a shame to bail now when the forum groups are really the only ones keeping blackberry afloat. lets hope they are just taking a minor break in the action. I just dont see much in the way of news, leaks or even rumours for that matter. maybe since the leaks are stopping so are the rumours that give crackberry the lead on new things so if they dont have the advantage of good sources within anymore it makes it that much more difficult to find out anything. Perhaps blackberry themselves are making it more difficult as well. We will see it takes time to see what is really going on. Kevin you might want to come on back and give your side of things. I always want to hear it from the horses mouth.
    Why does it have to be all of that? Could it be that there really is nothing to report?? These forums are most robust when leaks are dropping and since that is not the case in recent times, it seems the addicts are still here expecting to get something new every day. Heck, but for the shenanigans of the infamous mayor of Toronto, even the newspapers in my neck of the woods are ho-hum at times. As long as Chen and the other tall heads are doing their thing in consolidating the company, working on the OS, working corporate clients for BES, working on the next "killer" phone, and working on a strategy for the consumer market, to name a few, I really do not need to know every time these guys open their mouths, burp, sneeze or fart. The absence of substantive news does not mean the sky is falling or that BBRY is dying silently.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    05-04-14 09:05 AM
    The absence of substantive news does not mean the sky is falling or that BBRY is dying silently.
    It may. Remember Palm OS?
    Last edited by birdman_38; 05-04-14 at 09:46 AM.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    05-04-14 09:32 AM
    What if the guy simply got offered a better paying job, with a more reasonable life balance, working with some old friends? It happens you know?

People are so quick to get melodramatic around here

Posted via CB10
    Understood and my point, with my tongue planted firmly in cheek is as @Bla1ze pointed out - to try and get a discussion of what happens next. Of any of the VP's working with the USA carriers at least this guy had Verizon working with them. The guys/gals working with AT&T/Sprint not so much and the guy working with TMob should be on his way out as well I would imagine.

Yes Verizon was not perfect but of any of the USA carriers at least they seemed to have some enthusiasm towards the brand. That should not be lost as the guy finds the exit.
    05-04-14 10:26 AM
    It seems like the only time we hear from CBK is when he's writing up a long winded and defensive rhetoric. #Yawn

The point is, you took however long to write this epistle (maybe you aren't so busy afterall) and couldn't contribute a paragraph to James Novak. I knew about this from the other sites who didn't believe it wasn't "important enough".

Crackberry was like my morning news paper... tea and Crackberry went hand in hand. But Kevin is too busy to even ensure that articles of quality go up. It's slow times in BlackBerry World but other sites are doing a great Job at filling the void. +10 to N4BB and Berry Flow.

Thankfully there's Jubei on board now... and I also look forward to Bla1ze posts. Crackberry is a sinking ship at a time when BlackBerry is on a rise.

Posted via CB10
    alternator77 likes this.
    05-04-14 11:39 AM
    What would a BlackBerry VP in charge of sales to Verizon (or any American carrier) do all day long? Basically BlackBerry offers no products now for sale and the next thing coming down the pike will not hit until the end of the year.

It seems like a position that is no longer needed at least right now.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 05:29 PM
    Everyone seems to care wayyyy too much about some low on the totem pole sales VP. That's like caring about a used car salesman leaving a Kia dealership.

Let's leave it alone and go back to caring about more important things.

05-04-14 05:45 PM
    Everyone seems to care wayyyy too much about some low on the totem pole sales VP. That's like caring about a used car salesman leaving a Kia dealership.

Let's leave it alone and go back to caring about more important things.
    Like what?
    techvisor likes this.
    05-04-14 08:21 PM
    Like what?
    Oh I dunno, maybe things which will actually be relevant to the company's future...

05-04-14 08:22 PM
    We tend not to post on all the departures unless they are big. John Chen has been doing a lot of reorg and people come and go, and it would be near impossible to keep track and post about all of them. Is it news? Sure. Is it blog worthy? Probably not. Stuff like that you're always welcome to send along as a tip though too. I didn't see the new until I hit this thread, and I'm not sure anyone else did either. A lot of the blog news comes from the tip line, so if no one sends it in we might miss it.

Anyway - thanks for dropping it here. It's a drag that he's leaving, but hopefully someone better will step up. He obviously wasn't doing too swell of a job
    I just thought this is a good candidate for a Chris blog post that's why I was surprised it slipped your radar.. I'll keep the "tip line" in mind next time

Posted from my Awesome ? Z30 |Juventus Channel: C0001C785
    05-05-14 04:31 PM
    "3) As for a few other comments I want to leave in regards to some of the things mentioned in this post, I'll hold off on for now. Going to do a nice write up soon that addresses things proactively. Clearly some further education is needed."

.... you do say that a lot.... "going to do a nice write up ... soon".... hope so....
    alternator77 likes this.
    05-05-14 07:31 PM
    Obviously he hasn't been doing that great of a job so good ridden. Maybe Chen can get someone better to help increase sales

Posted via CB10
    You can't pass off a sows ear as a silk purse and that is exactly why blackberry sales have been in the toilet.
    05-05-14 08:52 PM
    Lots of great feedback above. Good questions on both sides!

*gets popcorn*

Posted via CB from my LE
    Last edited by KermEd; 05-06-14 at 05:23 PM.
    05-06-14 04:18 PM
    Posted via CB from my LE
    Well thanks a lot for your very informative reply "Ambassador"!
    05-06-14 05:23 PM
    Well thanks a lot for your very informative reply "Ambassador"!
    Anytime! I think your quote broke

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-06-14 05:25 PM
    Anytime! I think your quote broke

Posted via CB from my LE
    Nope. We caught you pre-edit!
    05-06-14 06:24 PM
    You can't pass off a sows ear as a silk purse and that is exactly why blackberry sales have been in the toilet.
    Your analogy blows. Bb10 is a great product. So maybe the reason sales haven't been great is because of uninformed people talking about things they have no clue.

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    05-06-14 06:48 PM
    Nope. We caught you pre-edit!
    I reject your reality and choose to replace it with my own.

Posted via CB from my LE
    DocDRM likes this.
    05-06-14 08:08 PM
    Perhaps the funniest thing about all this is that people have spent more time questioning as to why it wasn't posted than actually discussing why he's no longer there, what the outcome may be, who if anyone may take the role, etc etc but whatever lol.
    Glad you brought that up.
    I'm thinking that it was a combination of things one being the poor reception/launch of the new touch screen flagship which was an exclusive on Verizon and basically failed to thrive. That coupled with the delayed releases of OS updates (don't know if he would have been responsible for that) and a lot of people being let go he saw a hope of greener pastures and chose to leave amicably. Just a guess though as we really don't know.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 10:52 PM
    No one is irreplaceable.
    I think Apple will disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    05-08-14 04:54 AM

You could also argue ... if an entire company's product line depends on one person. The problem could be the product line.

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-08-14 08:21 AM

Apple replaced Jobs with Cooke. Cooke gets named top CEOs for just keeping the ball rolling and all the sheep keep buying.

That didn't take long: Tim Cook rated top CEO - CNET

So yes even Jobs can be replaced.
    05-08-14 02:30 PM
    James Novak, VP of sales is leaving????????????? How many devices did they sell again in Q1?
    05-08-14 05:55 PM
102 ... 2345