12-01-13 10:12 AM
60 123
tools
    Samsung spends multiple times more on advertising than Apple. In the fiscal year 2012, Samsung is estimated to have spent 5 billion in marketing compared to Apple's mere 1 billion. If anything, that iPhone is more valuable than Galaxy S 4 shows that we are NOT slaves to marketing.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/04/...advertising-2/

Apple sells many devices due to word of mouth and a quality product. Samsung's devices are less valuable because they are less impressive.
    That kind of makes sense since Samsung has a lot more products to advertise. It isn't just samsung though. Compare the Sony xperia Z ultra price and iPhone 5s. It is crazy and you can't tell me that Sony device isn't a nicer phone (well I guess you could but I wouldn't believe you ). Apple is just all about $$ and you really don't get your money's worth. There are better choices out there.

I don't think there is a single thing that makes an iPhone 5s more impressive than the sg4, note 3, HTC one, Z30 or Xperia Z ultra. We are all entitled to our own opinions though.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 09:23 PM
    Man, we need to grow the f*ck up here in Oz. Where I live you can't even buy booze in a supermarket. We have separate liquor stores (all owned and operated by the supermarket chains) but supermarkets can't sell it. Strange puppies sometimes.
    But you do have drive through beer stores and naked car washes. So don't complain. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 03:21 AM
    Yes, just like home invasion - another good reason to be homeless!!!! wooty wooty!
    So dramatic

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 11:40 AM
    That kind of makes sense since Samsung has a lot more products to advertise. It isn't just samsung though. Compare the Sony xperia Z ultra price and iPhone 5s. It is crazy and you can't tell me that Sony device isn't a nicer phone (well I guess you could but I wouldn't believe you ). Apple is just all about $$ and you really don't get your money's worth. There are better choices out there.

I don't think there is a single thing that makes an iPhone 5s more impressive than the sg4, note 3, HTC one, Z30 or Xperia Z ultra. We are all entitled to our own opinions though.

Posted via CB10
    Some find the resale value impressive. Selling it for equal to more than what I paid each year keeps me new phones for free to almost free.

Priceless.
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    11-29-13 11:52 AM
    But you do have drive through beer stores and naked car washes. So don't complain. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Well, drive through bottle shops, sure.... where's a naked car wash?? Best we have here is bikini washes.

Actually, that gives me a business idea. I propose a drive through bottle shop that has bikini girls cleaning your car on the way through! I'd pay for that!
    11-29-13 07:52 PM
    Some find the resale value impressive. Selling it for equal to more than what I paid each year keeps me new phones for free to almost free.

Priceless.
    Lol, okay I will give it that. It really doesn't deserve that kind of resale value though. I just don't get it at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 10:06 PM
    Lol, okay I will give it that. It really doesn't deserve that kind of resale value though. I just don't get it at all.

Posted via CB10
    Part of the value is the support behind the phone. When you buy an Apple product, you are generally not on your own.
    11-29-13 11:50 PM
    Well, drive through bottle shops, sure.... where's a naked car wash?? Best we have here is bikini washes.

Actually, that gives me a business idea. I propose a drive through bottle shop that has bikini girls cleaning your car on the way through! I'd pay for that!
    It was in Melbourne.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 04:47 AM
    Part of the value is the support behind the phone. When you buy an Apple product, you are generally not on your own.
    Well put, Apple has built a reputation for backing up what they build with great customer service and support. I use Mac's in our business and I have units I have never turned off in over three years and never had one issue with either one of them.

Whether you want to call me a iSheep, Fanboy or what ever, I could care less. This is what I base my decision on when it comes to buying new products for my business.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5S
    11-30-13 05:26 AM
    Well put, Apple has built a reputation for backing up what they build with great customer service and support. I use Mac's in our business and I have units I have never turned off in over three years and never had one issue with either one of them.

Whether you want to call me a iSheep, Fanboy or what ever, I could care less. This is what I base my decision on when it comes to buying new products for my business.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5S
    I have an off topic question. Why do Americans say could care less? It's I COULDN'T Care less. Could care less would indicate there is a lesser amount of caring possible, while couldn't care less defines the ultimate of not caring.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 10:12 AM
60 123