12-01-13 10:12 AM
60 123
tools
    Next week StatCounter will release a report showing a marked rise in BlackBerry thefts so it's all good.
    Cashgap, JeepBB and mikeo007 like this.
    11-21-13 11:02 PM
    Ahhh. One of " those" threads.

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-22-13 03:53 AM
    No surprise really given the large installed base of i D i o t phones. .
    11-22-13 04:18 AM
    The real story here is thieves are realizing that it is true what they say about iPhone users being sheep. Sheep and followers aren't going to fight back and clock you like Kevin. They just search for a pepper spray app and curse Jobs when there isn't an app for that. Easy prey unless you are a coyote .

The iPhone is like the rollex of smartphones in a lot of peoples minds. It may not be the best phone but people seem to believe it is and think it gives them some sort of prestige to have one. That's probably why they are popular items to steal. Especially since basically no one wears watches anymore and a wallet is usually a waste of time. The thing is, If a thief is going to mug you, it won't matter what phone you have unless you plan on using it as a weapon. Your phone will likely be stolen regardless. The phone you have would just make you more of a target.

Posted via CB10
    It does retain high resale value even though it's not a great phone.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    11-22-13 05:58 AM
    The real story here is thieves are realizing that it is true what they say about iPhone users being sheep. Sheep and followers aren't going to fight back and clock you like Kevin. They just search for a pepper spray app and curse Jobs when there isn't an app for that. Easy prey unless you are a coyote .

The iPhone is like the rollex of smartphones in a lot of peoples minds. It may not be the best phone but people seem to believe it is and think it gives them some sort of prestige to have one. That's probably why they are popular items to steal. Especially since basically no one wears watches anymore and a wallet is usually a waste of time. The thing is, If a thief is going to mug you, it won't matter what phone you have unless you plan on using it as a weapon. Your phone will likely be stolen regardless. The phone you have would just make you more of a target.

Posted via CB10
    Can a mass produced generic and available to millions device really be compared to a rolex?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 07:22 AM
    Can a mass produced generic and available to millions device really be compared to a rolex?

Posted via CB10
    You mean like a Rolex? They sell over 800,000 watches a year. Hardly hand made anymore.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-23-13 02:45 AM
    You mean like a Rolex? They sell over 800,000 watches a year. Hardly hand made anymore.
    The day I can buy a rolex at my local supermarket is the day I'll concede the point. How's that?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 06:02 AM
    The day I can buy a rolex at my local supermarket is the day I'll concede the point. How's that?

Posted via CB10
    You can buy an iPhone at your local supermarket?
    11-23-13 07:18 AM
    heh, at my local supermarket I can actually buy a BB, a samsung, an HTC, just about anything BUT an iphone.
    11-23-13 07:36 AM
    Not true. I've known several dudes with ugly *** wives. They go out and find someone to cheat with just like the hot ones. Only difference is there isn't as much competition for the ugly ones.
    Good point. I mean, why bother?

/s
    11-23-13 08:39 AM
    heh, at my local supermarket I can actually buy a BB, a samsung, an HTC, just about anything BUT an iphone.
    Walmart, Target, Costco all carry iPhone

Fired from my Z10
    11-23-13 06:00 PM
    Walmart, Target, Costco all carry iPhone

Fired from my Z10
    We have a different definition of what a supermarket is. Here a supermarket sells groceries. Stores like Walmart, Kmart, Costco and Target wouldn't be considered a supermarket as such.
    11-23-13 11:32 PM
    We have a different definition of what a supermarket is. Here a supermarket sells groceries. Stores like Walmart, Kmart, Costco and Target wouldn't be considered a supermarket as such.
    All those store sell groceries. Costco sells a LOT of groceries. Like 2/3rd of the store is foodstuffs and other typical grocery store (Safeway, Meijer, etc.) merchandise.

Target sells a small variety of really overpriced produce and foodstuffs and Walmart sells a moderate variety of average price produce and foodstuffs. (Admittedly, neither live up to their low price reputations in this area or are competitive with chains like Food4Less.)
    11-23-13 11:39 PM
    Hmmm didn't know Costco and Walmart never sold groceries...good to know.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    11-24-13 01:41 AM
    If there is a phone that is incredibly popular, the amount of people stealing it will increase by default.

Q10
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    11-24-13 09:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    It isn't exactly how much it is produced that I was comparing though. My comparison was based on the way most of my iPhone buddies act and the cost for a product that really isn't the greatest. You can get an sg4 with a 64gb SD card(approx, $660) for less than the newest 64gb iPhone(about $1000+). It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Are we really just slaves to marketing? I guess Nike would be the better comparison. Mass produced, available all over the place, over priced and all just based on a name. With that said, the Z30 price doesn't make much sense to me either. Especially since the BlackBerry brand name tends to work for them in the opposite way.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 10:03 AM
    It isn't exactly how much it is produced that I was comparing though. My comparison was based on the way most of my iPhone buddies act and the cost for a product that really isn't the greatest. You can get an sg4 with a 64gb SD card(approx, $660) for less than the newest 64gb iPhone(about $1000+). It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Are we really just slaves to marketing? I guess Nike would be the better comparison. Mass produced, available all over the place, over priced and all just based on a name. With that said, the Z30 price doesn't make much sense to me either. Especially since the BlackBerry brand name tends to work for them in the opposite way.

Posted via CB10
    Because the words "overpriced", like "better" or "useless" or "greatest", are pretty well meaningless without context. Value systems are highly subjective.
    11-24-13 03:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Blackberrys? They hand them back.
    Not Even Thieves Want Your BlackBerry
    "The frightened student immediately took out his phone and handed it over. But it was a BlackBerry.

The thief looked at it and immediately handed it back.

"I want iPhones," he snarled, according to a source.

Then another student suddenly appeared in the hallway. The gunman pointed his weapon at him and demanded his iPhone.

That student immediately pulled out his phone and handed it over. It, too, was a BlackBerry.

"Once again the suspect handed it back when he saw it was not actually an iPhone," according to a police report.

The suspect fled empty handed."

Doesn't seem like this Blackberry person was throwing down. Sheep are everywhere.
    11-24-13 03:42 PM
    Quick, name the number one car stolen by car thieves! It's the Honda Accord. Notice it's not BMW or Mercedes, which are much nicer cars. The simple reason is..... there's a lot more Honda Accords out there than BMWs or Mercedes. The iPhone is the most popular smartphone in the US, it stands to reason it would also be the most often stolen.

Addendum: I'm willing to bet the most frequently stolen tablet is also the iPad, for the same reason.
    kevinnugent and bbq10l like this.
    11-24-13 03:52 PM
    Blackberrys? They hand them back.
    Not Even Thieves Want Your BlackBerry
    "The frightened student immediately took out his phone and handed it over. But it was a BlackBerry.

The thief looked at it and immediately handed it back.

"I want iPhones," he snarled, according to a source.

Then another student suddenly appeared in the hallway. The gunman pointed his weapon at him and demanded his iPhone.

That student immediately pulled out his phone and handed it over. It, too, was a BlackBerry.

"Once again the suspect handed it back when he saw it was not actually an iPhone," according to a police report.

The suspect fled empty handed."

Doesn't seem like this Blackberry person was throwing down. Sheep are everywhere.
    That makes a lot of sense though. Stealing a BlackBerry would be like burglarizing a home and stealing someone's VCR.
    amjass12 and bbq10l like this.
    11-24-13 05:42 PM
    Simple fact is iPhones have a higher resale value.

Fired from my Z10
    11-24-13 10:51 PM
    You can get an sg4 with a 64gb SD card(approx, $660) for less than the newest 64gb iPhone(about $1000+). It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Are we really just slaves to marketing?
    Samsung spends multiple times more on advertising than Apple. In the fiscal year 2012, Samsung is estimated to have spent 5 billion in marketing compared to Apple's mere 1 billion. If anything, that iPhone is more valuable than Galaxy S 4 shows that we are NOT slaves to marketing.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/04/...advertising-2/

Apple sells many devices due to word of mouth and a quality product. Samsung's devices are less valuable because they are less impressive.
    kevinnugent and bbq10l like this.
    11-24-13 11:12 PM
    Yep. Tesco, asda, sainsbury practically anywhere in fact.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 05:10 PM
    I'd like to see somebody try and steal my Z10 they'd get the worst beatdown of their life.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    No ones gonna take ur z10!!! Didn't u read the article? It said they r after phones that have resale value!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 05:19 PM
    Yep. Tesco, asda, sainsbury practically anywhere in fact.

Posted via CB10
    Man, we need to grow the f*ck up here in Oz. Where I live you can't even buy booze in a supermarket. We have separate liquor stores (all owned and operated by the supermarket chains) but supermarkets can't sell it. Strange puppies sometimes.
    11-25-13 11:15 PM
60 123