09-19-13 11:39 AM
134 ... 456
tools
    I hope she wasn't using BlackBerry Maps - but at least you know where she is!

Alicia Keys and hubby party at the wrong house | Page Six

I wonder if the home owner suggested they Keep Moving?
    Dang, I wish my kitchen resembled a late-night VIP area...
    09-17-13 02:59 PM
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard and I doubt any of that is true

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    Kyle232013 likes this.
    09-17-13 05:30 PM
    I don't often rant about music but Katy Perry has honestly one of the most grating, undesirable and sensually offensive voices in popular music, and that is saying a lot. Nails on chalkboard might sound a bit better on certain days. Also whoever writes her music for her to sing is like, terribad. Between Blackberry avoiding bankruptcy and me never having to have the misfortune of sitting through a Katy Perry song again for the rest of my life... I think I would pick the latter. And I really, really like Blackberry. Hell, I probably would've quit using BB on the spot and never touched the Z10 if they announced her as their "spokeswoman". At least Alicia Keys has some measurable talent and artistic integrity, even if the marketing partnership sucked bollocks.

Anyway partnering with celebrity spokespeople isn't the best way to sell your product. If BB could've used that money to get just ONE more popular missing app developed natively instead (Instagram, Netflix, Pinterest etc.) so we wouldn't have to sideload it, that would've been far preferable and I think would have driven more sales than Keys' ever managed to.
    09-17-13 07:15 PM
    Not to say anything about the phones or the marketing departments, but Katy Perry is a hack. When this age of Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Katy Perry is over, I'll be a happy man. Until then, I'm listening to classic rock and roll.

(The mere fact that my keyboard autocompleted "rock and roll" after I typed in "classic" is proof that my phone knows me..)

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:38 PM
    Not to say anything about the phones or the marketing departments, but Katy Perry is a hack. When this age of Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Katy Perry is over, I'll be a happy man. Until then, I'm listening to classic rock and roll.

(The mere fact that my keyboard autocompleted "rock and roll" after I typed in "classic" is proof that my phone knows me..)

Posted via CB10
    I'm afraid it's only going to get worse my friend. The days of true creativity is long gone. It's out there. It's just not pulling in the big bucks like the catchy, simple-minded, easily put together pop hooks do. Just look at the number of wide-eyed Perry droolers bummed out that Apple got Perry, and BlackBerry got somebody who actually knows what a B flat is.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 03:53 PM
    I don't get the argument here. Apple paid Perry to do an iPhone commercial, and we are comparing this to BB hiring Alicia Keys as a creative director? These are two separate things...
    Exactly.
    Hiring Ms Keys was one of a couple of dozen dumb decisions taken by the board. Not as dumb as the playbook fiasco or announcing they want to sell up, but toe curlingly embarrassing all the same.
    09-18-13 04:11 PM
    I'm afraid it's only going to get worse my friend. The days of true creativity is long gone. It's out there. It's just not pulling in the big bucks like the catchy, simple-minded, easily put together pop hooks do. Just look at the number of wide-eyed Perry droolers bummed out that Apple got Perry, and BlackBerry got somebody who actually knows what a B flat is.

Posted via CB10
    So true!
    09-18-13 06:57 PM
    Katy Perry vs Alicia Keys threads; and I thought us BlackBerry users were supposed to be a mature bunch.

Posted from my ZED10
    09-19-13 06:58 AM
    Katy Perry vs Alicia Keys threads; and I thought us BlackBerry users were supposed to be a mature bunch.

Posted from my ZED10
    Who told ya that! Lol!
    09-19-13 11:39 AM
134 ... 456