Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
09-19-13 11:39 AM
134 123 ...
tools
    And we got Alicia Keys. Guess who's more popular with the money giving public and would have been better for BBRY...

Posted via CB10
    Robin Lim likes this.
    09-10-13 12:03 PM
    I don't like the idea of getting musicians involved in wireless sales, anyway, with the possible exception of phones that focus on music in some way (like Ciara with the Chocolate Touch). That being said, Katy Perry + iOS 7 should show customers exactly where Apple is going, and it isn't business / professional...
    09-10-13 12:08 PM
    And we got Alicia Keys. Guess who's more popular with the money giving public and would have been better for BBRY...
    Who cares? we still have a better phone.

Posted via CB10
    duane534 likes this.
    09-10-13 12:09 PM
    Thanks for contributing.

I don't see Katy Perry as a BlackBerry person. Someone like Jay-Z would have been better.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 12:10 PM
    IPhone 5Same and iPhone 5Crappy. They aren't business devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 12:14 PM
    I thought she had a deal with Nokia/WP ...

Posted via CB10
    jeroen_13 likes this.
    09-10-13 12:19 PM
    Her music is about as original as the iPhone5c

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 12:19 PM
    Katy Perry was still tweeting from her BlackBerry as recent as last year. She held on longer than most.

I've seen a couple not as notable celebs opt for BlackBerry in the last month. Just last week, Hart Hanson from Bones. I'm always surprised to see someone new say they've got one.

Posted via CB10
    Djlatino likes this.
    09-10-13 12:29 PM
    Her music is about as original as the iPhone5c

Posted via CB10
    Yes but Katy Perry is more popular than Keys just like the 5C will be more popular than any BlackBerry device sold to date.

This device is going to destroy the market.
    09-10-13 12:31 PM
    I don't like the idea of getting musicians involved in wireless sales, anyway, with the possible exception of phones that focus on music in some way (like Ciara with the Chocolate Touch). That being said, Katy Perry + iOS 7 should show customers exactly where Apple is going, and it isn't business / professional...
    People don't care. Celebrities bring in sales. In the end that's what everyone wants. Besides, BlackBerry did the same with Alecia Keys. Wouldn't that give BlackBerry the same "unprofessional" image then?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 12:32 PM
    Yes but Katy Perry is more popular than Keys just like the 5C will be more popular than any BlackBerry device sold to date.

The 5C isn't budget at all. Neither in price nor specs. It's not going to affect the market much at all. Maybe it will help Apple's margins, though, if it is an iPhone 5 replacement.

I must say that I appreciate Apple's color palette. No Lumia knockoff or horrible color innovations. Pastel.

EDIT:
    More importantly iPhone 5s gone 64 bit.
    Oh poor Android. Playing the specs race so hardcore but always second at everything...
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 09-10-13 at 12:56 PM.
    09-10-13 12:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 12:45 PM
    Not a very marketable feature (to average iOS users at least)...

The color-matching home button ring on the other hand!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 12:47 PM
    Who cares?!

Flicked via Z10
    1oo1 likes this.
    09-10-13 12:47 PM
    Who cares?!

Flicked via Z10
    We don't know "who cares".
    09-10-13 12:52 PM
    BB gets Bad Boy Bieber!! Imagine!!
    09-10-13 12:54 PM
    You know what really grinds my gears? All you Blackberry fan boys who get pissy whenever Apple of Android does something.
    Apple got Katy Perry - blackberry fan boy "well she isn't about business anyways she and apple are for people who like toys"

Blah blah blah...you folks are the problem, the same problem that Blackberry HAS they do not know their market.

Blackberry doesn't have a stronghold on the enterprise customer. People don't see an artist and say gee, I better not get that new Iphone because Katy Perry is endorsing it, and well she isn't a business woman, or but Blackberry has Alicia Keys, that means business.

I get it you folks love blackberry and they can do no wrong. I personally HATE apple but I am not naive, Apple will sell more new Iphones in a week than BB has sold BB10 products since January 30th.

Get a grip. I hope Blackberry does AMAZING and comes back, but if they do it wont be because of Alicia Keys, or Katy Perry, or The Pope.

For the record though, having hip cool advertising is what gets people talking about your product.

IF Blackberry ever decides to stop being a "corporate" phone and wants to have people talking about thier products they will advertise them differently.

Ugh.
    09-10-13 01:05 PM
    The 5C isn't budget at all. Neither in price nor specs. It's not going to affect the market much at all. Maybe it will help Apple's margins, though, if it is an iPhone 5 replacement.

I must say that I appreciate Apple's color palette. No Lumia knockoff or horrible color innovations. Pastel.

EDIT:
    Oh poor Android. Playing the specs race so hardcore but always second at everything...
    If you don't think a cheaper "new" iPhone with an array of colors wont disrupt the market, you aren't living in the same world as I am. This device will sell like hotcakes.
    09-10-13 01:11 PM
    So if they advertise how good BBM is for arranging post footy match brawls, they'll sell more. Got it.

Advertising is key, definitely. But nothing works better than word of mouth and if people around you have something.

I was just commenting on the fact that Apple went for a main stream celebrity that does well with most genres and age brackets.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 01:11 PM
    Well, sounds like she hasn't been exposed to BB10. Someone at BBRY needs to send her a Q10 (or a Z10). Problem solved and case closed.
    09-10-13 01:15 PM
    At $100 no. $0 Android phones will do better. In China Xiaomi and Samsung will continue to Kill the iPhone. None of my Chinese friends (that live in China) think the iPhone is cool anymore, and they all used to be obsessed by Apple.
    09-10-13 01:18 PM
    Alicia Keys is an entrepreneur, businesswoman, and well known musician.

Katy Perry is an artistic type of musician. She's creative through her videos and music.

I can see why they chose her.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 01:19 PM

That is up for debate...

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 01:20 PM
    They aren't business devices.
    In the hands of the wrong person, no I don't think so.

Then again, when you stop to think that they're were using primarily BlackBerry devices to run "business" in Waterloo...

Oh, never mind....
    09-10-13 01:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Katy Perry has nice tits

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-10-13 01:23 PM
134 123 ...