09-23-14 07:06 AM
63 123
tools
    What a dumb comment! The content is lacking lately! I mean "crackberry" Kevin has a passport and there's no review on crackberry? Any news or picture leaks come from n4bb Whereas crackberry never breaks any news.

It's pretty clear to see that the passion that started this community has gone to the other side.

There is plenty of news to cover but all they ever post in the news these days is adds and apps.

I get more tech news on regular news apps nowadays!

Posted via CB10
    Is the content lacking lately? Yes... do I blame crackberry? Nope... I pretty much blame blackberry on that...
    Since BBM Channels, I have been able to get news from Berryflow, N4BB and others!!! Yes many times other BB sources have come out first with the news. But Crackberry has always delivered and always post the news that are necessary. They always even quote where the stories came from if people want to verify!!!

Now passport, last time I check, there was a type of NDA involve. Nothing say that N4BB or Berryflow don't have a passport or know someone for them to explore the passport. That pretty much say that, there is something that is not letting them do a full review!!!

Also Kevin had made a thread that was obvious he had a passport. Maybe it should've been a news story?
    damien kupuku likes this.
    09-20-14 06:39 AM
    That Passport looks pretty good in his hands - not goofy looking at all.

Posted via CB10
    The phone . . . or Kevin?
    09-20-14 06:45 AM
    Shouldn't he be reviewing or at least give an opinion on that Passport???

Crackberry content has been SERIOUSLY LACKING, and I don't even check on it daily anymore because I know most days it'll be an app review/offer/update notice or a shop.crackberry deal of the day, or a very general article (i.e. Verizon does something that affects everyone or no one).

I thought the contribution articles were going to continue? What happened to that?
    Even Bla1ze's post this past week was pretty sub-par.

And no, just because there was a patent article just yesterday it doesn't mean that things are good... content can't be 90% filler and 10% substance... it's unacceptable.

Also for the record, no, it hasn't been lacking because of Kevin ditching... It seems like a general lack of drive to write for Crackberry on the part of the entire writing staff!

Rant over. I'll reply to all "rebuttals" at some point next week (because as I said, i don't check Crackberry daily anymore).
    What a dumb comment! The content is lacking lately! I mean "crackberry" Kevin has a passport and there's no review on crackberry? Any news or picture leaks come from n4bb Whereas crackberry never breaks any news.

It's pretty clear to see that the passion that started this community has gone to the other side.

There is plenty of news to cover but all they ever post in the news these days is adds and apps.

I get more tech news on regular news apps nowadays!

Posted via CB10
    CB hasn't posted any early impressions or reviews of the Passport? That's odd, I could swear the following article does precisely that...

BlackBerry Passport Review | CrackBerry.com
    NinjaB likes this.
    09-20-14 09:39 AM
    Hey, how about trying to rebuke my ORIGINAL and UNEDITED comment?? I see what you did there... you edited the parts that don't fit with the rubbish point you're trying to make.

Nice try!

If you're going to quote me, quote me fully, or else it's not a quote at all and you have no business replying. NOT ONCE did I say to make up stories. In fact, I asked "I thought the contribution articles were going to continue? What happened to that?" In addition to that, if you can read, I tried to make the point that if Kevin already has a Passport.... where the heck is the review or opinion editorial????

Also, i said it was a lack of effort by the whole Crackberry team... Remember Simon Sage??? I was wondering yesterday where he'd gone for some reason. So I looked it up, and hey, look what I found:

How to transfer data from BlackBerry 10 to a new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus

Way to go team Crackberry! (Although to be fair, he's a Mobile Nations writer too...but this is still insulting!!!)

In any case, you must be a yahoo! News writer: quoting the bits you need, placing it out of context, and baiting people for responses (dammit... why I keep going to Yahoo for news is beyond even me).
    I personally quote the necessary part because your post was long.... Didn't think it would be an issue... but in a sense you are right, my bad...

Well Personally I believe that the reasons there are not many articles posted that are actually relevant because there are no stories relevant that are worth posting. That was the point I was trying to make. Also Like I have mentioned in another post, Yes I have gotten news first on N4bb and Berryflow but Crackberry has always posted the news relevant and quoted where the source came from...

Is the news lacking? yes, I guess myself I have been blaming blackberry for that, I am not surprised that simon sage or others are writing in other sites for mobile nations since like i said, BlackBerry hasn't been quiet!!! about Kevin passport, I would assume because of the NDA there hasn't been a review...(I assuming you are referring to a detail hands on video with the passport) At least Kevin had posted a thread where he gave us a hint that pointed out he has a passport...
    09-20-14 09:46 AM
    You guys are getting a little worked up. Maybe this thread has outlived its fun nature. :P
    09-20-14 04:41 PM
    Here's the article from The Miami Herald that ran yesterday.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/busi...-Minute_Herald

What a great deal. A business trip to Florida, and a bit of PR as well. I'm actually surprised that the piece didn't mention Kevin's association with Mobile Nations.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    09-20-14 05:53 PM
    CB hasn't posted any early impressions or reviews of the Passport? That's odd, I could swear the following article does precisely that...

BlackBerry Passport Review | CrackBerry.com
    Not really, that's from a crackberry reader posted by team crackbery.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 08:37 PM
    Here's the article from The Miami Herald that ran yesterday.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/busi...-Minute_Herald

What a great deal. A business trip to Florida, and a bit of PR as well. I'm actually surprised that the piece didn't mention Kevin's association with Mobile Nations.

Posted via CB10
    So was it Bla1ze that stood in line for Kevin?
    09-22-14 02:39 AM
    Not exactly a slam against Bla1ze, but I suspect he could be bought for less than $500.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CBCListener; 09-22-14 at 10:11 AM.
    09-22-14 09:11 AM
    At least Kevin has learned being a fanboy doesn't pay the bills.
    09-22-14 03:22 PM
    At least Kevin has learned being a fanboy doesn't pay the bills.
    LOL. Really? He did quite well for being little more than a fanboy with a website and a forum. He has taken it pretty far.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-22-14 06:35 PM
    LOL. Really? He did quite well for being little more than a fanboy with a website and a forum. He has taken it pretty far.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Blackberry posts aren't going to pay for that wedding

(by the way before you get worked up i'm just doing this in jest i truly don't care what phone kevin buys)
    09-23-14 12:49 AM
    (by the way before you get worked up i'm just doing this in jest i truly don't care what phone kevin buys)
    I would suggest that the more enlightened people here realise that Kevin is an equal opportunity fanboy, which is good for all of us, since what we get is unbiased advice, and serves to improve the sector as a whole. I know that's why I look to Crackberry to get all my news, good and bad.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 07:06 AM
63 123