06-29-14 11:34 AM
39 12
tools
    God I hope they don't screw this one up too...
    06-26-14 06:30 PM
    If you're in the position to have to defend yourself, you are screwed. They just need to perform on a consistent basis to quiet the critics...this idea is weak at best.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    06-26-14 07:51 PM
    Eh stupid question is this something you join or that you can just login Daly to check things out

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 09:21 PM
    If you're in the position to have to defend yourself, you are screwed. They just need to perform on a consistent basis to quiet the critics...this idea is weak at best.
    I would say it is more attacking others, than defending themselves.
    06-26-14 09:21 PM
    Well, BlackBerry is in an incredibly weak reputational position, no debate there, and the reputation isn't accurate in the face of facts that are unknown or actively contradicted by competitors. An unchallenged lie becomes "truthy" and it's about time they shone a light on the misdirection and FUD that has severely undermined their business prospects for years. Samsung is well known to participate in downright shady and underhanded marketing tactics: business is cutthroat, and if you don't fight back guess what? You get your throat cut (and that's never good).

Once the 15 often repeated untruths or distortions have clear and credible responses posted, when CrackBerry Nation sees an often-repeated lie repeatedly repeated, just post "that's not true" and a link to BBFactCheck. We will have the tools to deflate BGRs (for one) misinformation balloons with the heavy lifting rightfully being done and funded by BB themselves. Why should it be up to the Customers to do the research and write them up and host them? But, for fans like me, having a persistent library of debunkers will be very helpful.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 06-26-14 at 10:21 PM.
    06-26-14 09:58 PM
    THEY HAVE A BBFACTCHECK!!!!!!

Which EMM Vendor Moves the Most Data – Securely?

It's BlackBerry.......
    Wow that was amazing!

Too bad you can't ask a question or search yet...
    06-27-14 01:24 PM
    Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels was quoted as saying "If you tell a lie big enough and repeat it often enough the people will eventually come to believe it." you have to counter the propaganda being perpetrated against BlackBerry or it will definitely will be, and all ready has been taken for the truth.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 01:32 PM
    This should've been around in January 2013 or even 2012, sigh. That was a different regime then and look what happened to them.
    06-27-14 04:25 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Love how ceo Chen is taking charge on all fronts....

Turning BlackBerry again into a brand people will take note of....

Z30..... Passport!!! (next phone)

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 06:06 PM
    Cool. Hopefully, it will work and be an added benefit to BlackBerry.

Yep: .700 & Updated. 700 bar file. Disclaimer: Works for "me". (~_*)
    06-27-14 06:38 PM
    This is LAZY IMO, hire some folks to actually work on PR, Social and Customer service. The media-types are lazy and to expect them to find this site and check facts is naive. I get the sentiment, but it's like bringing a knife to a gun fight.
    BlackBerry needs a character like John Legere on Twitter to say "Bulls**t" the other companies. I love watching him call out AT&T and Sprint. Imagine if someone from BlackBerry was out there being provocative.

Controversy gets noticed. BlackBerry needs to be in the news. There is bad publicity.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    06-27-14 10:48 PM
    Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels was quoted as saying "If you tell a lie big enough and repeat it often enough the people will eventually come to believe it." you have to counter the propaganda being perpetrated against BlackBerry or it will definitely will be, and all ready has been taken for the truth.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, there is never a source provided for that quote...because Goebells never said it. Although, that doesn't stop endless references to this supposed quote on the net. While it may be true that repeating a big lie over and over will succeed in the gullible masses believing it, it didn't come from Goebells. Kind of ironic that people believe that lie, given the content of the false quote in question.

Goebells always maintained that propaganda should be truthful, and he accused his enemies of lying...such as when he said "The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.? (Churchill's Lie Factory, 1941)

Anyway, I'm curious as to how #BBfactcheck will be implemented. Some sort of PR defense is necessary for this company. It's about time.

Posted via CB10
    anon1727506 likes this.
    06-28-14 06:07 PM
    That that quote was not something that was made up on the Internet. That quote has been in history books long before the Internet was conceived. Of course many people have tried to rewrite history, but thanks I think I would rather put my faith in those old books. But then again I guess that's the point, can you ever believe that you here or read.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 09:32 AM
    That's just the problem. If you can't reference even one of those supposed books where that quote is said to appear, it only exists in your mind, my friend. Cite the quote properly with its reference and I'll eat crow and sing it to the world. Either you can't, or you'll make an excuse as to why you're above such a pursuit (or too busy, etc.). But that's the beauty of the interwebs isn't it? You can make any sort of claim with no real evidence and there are many who will believe you. I'm calling you out on this one.

Also, notice what I did with your erroneous quote? I just fact checked it...just like #BBfactcheck seeks to do with false statements about their products and/or company. I hope you're not all for #BBfactcheck, but opposed to your own words being held up to a similar standard.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by chaffyjuice; 06-29-14 at 11:49 AM.
    06-29-14 11:34 AM
39 12