I just read this new interview with the CEO. Its interesting and hopefully someone can translate it in a professional manner.
    He talks a lot about the restructuration of the company and a new culture.
    The most interesting part for me was, that the delay of BB10 is 8 weeks. And its because of software integration (not new info, i know). Yes, the delay is sad, but only 8 more weeks doesnt look like they have really huge problems IMHO.
    07-05-12 08:16 AM
    Funny how on the one hand he says that BB7 is past it ('rusty and brittle' - anyone got a better translation?) at the start of the conversation and then says it's competitive at the end.
    07-05-12 08:25 AM
    ya we'll see, lol
    07-05-12 08:25 AM
    Eight weeks! He should have communicated this in the English media. It puts things in a better perspective, but hopefully that will be it for delays.
    MisterMe11 likes this.
    07-05-12 08:26 AM
    My ladder in the garden is rusty and brittle too, but its still competitive to the ladders of my neighbours, lol
    07-05-12 08:37 AM
    If the delay was always meant to be just 8 weeks, RIM would have been better off just announcing a release date. If RIM had done that, the headline would have been the release date and not another ambiguous delay.
    MisterMe11 likes this.
    07-05-12 08:44 AM
    Funny how on the one hand he says that BB7 is past it ('rusty and brittle' - anyone got a better translation?) at the start of the conversation and then says it's competitive at the end.
    "our platform is getting more and more rusty with time"
    and
    "latest blackberry 7 can compete well on the market"
    cgk likes this.
    07-05-12 09:27 AM
    I don't think they handled the announcement of the delay very well unfortunately.
    If it truly is an 8 week delay (and there are some rumors of a January launch, which would be consistent), then they should have said '8 week delay' or '2 month pushback'
    By saying delayed to Q1 2013 I think psychologically the delay is bigger (i.e. no phones until next YEAR!)

But by saying Q1 2013 they are giving themselves some wiggle room even if internally they are targeting January - and I think this conveys that they're not 100% confident of hitting a specific date.

<edit: just realized others said essentially the same thing, above>

I just read this new interview with the CEO. Its interesting and hopefully someone can translate it in a professional manner.
    He talks a lot about the restructuration of the company and a new culture.
    The most interesting part for me was, that the delay of BB10 is 8 weeks. And its because of software integration (not new info, i know). Yes, the delay is sad, but only 8 more weeks doesnt look like they have really huge problems IMHO.
    07-05-12 09:33 AM
    I got flagged for being a troll because I posted a link to an article that quoted Heins in an interview, so I would just like to say that I think this was a fantastic interview, Heins is doing a great job, BB7 devices are super-competitive, and the BlackBerry brand is strong.
    07-05-12 10:57 AM
    There is no way in Hades I will ever have any faith in any release date or period of delay. The new leadership is as bad as the old leadership, possibly worse because we were told that delays would not be tolerated under the watch of Herr Heins. An eight-week delay for BlackBerry 10 huh? Right.
    07-05-12 11:06 AM
    Well... I think still we hace to wait until next year, Q1 2013 is from january 1 to March 31, so we can be positive and think a realese in january or pesimist a realese until march. Anyway i hope they will launch it
    07-05-12 11:19 AM
    How could RIM possibly announce a release date? In the U.S., at least, that will depend on the carrier(s). I don't think RIM will be in a position to negotiate a good deal with a carrier (price, promotion, etc.) until BB10 is in convincingly good shape. I don't think RIM is there yet.
    07-05-12 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD