09-30-13 04:44 PM
80 1234
tools
    Has anyone considered that IG doesn't want to invest in a native app with the company's future uncertain and isn't satisfied with the android port limitations?
    If they can't get the app to function as intended it won't come out. Eg. No video recording.
    09-27-13 03:47 PM
    They(instagram) will get theirs sooner or later. Then it will be all over with. Who knows, maybe some developer is out there right now saying "I can do that..only better".
    09-27-13 03:58 PM
    They(instagram) will get theirs sooner or later. Then it will be all over with. Who knows, maybe some developer is out there right now saying "I can do that..only better".
    Yes the deserve collapse because they offer an app people love for nearly the entire spectrum of mobile platforms for free right? P.S. They got theirs already, they sold the company for $1 billion. To be honest I wouldn't make the app either, it wouldn't function properly on bb10 even if it was native, it needs to work as a headless app for proper messaging and notification and we don't have that. Perhaps instagram is waiting on BlackBerry to make a full featured platform first.
    09-27-13 04:16 PM
    Aren't some people in here "little bundle of sunshines" smh.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:22 PM
    You obviously have no credibility to make a post with any certainty about the future on BlackBerry. They are in tough - that's a fact. Everything else is an opinion. I am getting so sick of idiots commenting like they definitively know what's going to happen. You don't. Shut up and go away.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    09-27-13 04:23 PM
    Shoot. Just tell them to charge $2 for it. It doesn't have to be free. I will pay $2 for am app any day of the week, and I'm sure most other people would too. I don't even use Instagram. I just know it's a huge seller with phone buyers.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:26 PM
    Xitij Ritesh Patel, who is listed as an Android developer at Instagram on his twitter profile, recently posted this picture that was geo-tagged as coming from Instagram HQ. I know it's not much, but nice to see that BlackBerry phones are at least at the Instagram offices.
    Weird that he took images of them.
    09-27-13 04:27 PM
    Young people are so funny. They think whatever is in vogue today is the end all of everything and they think whatever business is at the top of whatever they do will stay at the top.

Can't wait until the young people have children and the children laugh at the parents pictures with silly looking clothes and goofy hair styles holding devices that don't exist made by companies that don't do business anymore.

Posted via CB10 | Owner Squircle of Trust Channel | PIN 00120C87
    09-27-13 04:30 PM
    No you just said isn't coming.
    Which implies that it IS NOT coming.
    But that's not what was said.
    What was said is that it's not planned as of now.
    One leaves hope, the other doesn't.

Eg. I'm not coming to your birthday party vs I'm not coming to your birthday party right now.
    One says no the other implies maybe later.
    http://n4bb.com/official-instagram-c...-anytime-soon/

leaves very little hope
    09-27-13 04:31 PM
    Young people are so funny. They think whatever is in vogue today is the end all of everything and they think whatever business is at the top of whatever they do will stay at the top.

Can't wait until the young people have children and the children laugh at the parents pictures with silly looking clothes and goofy hair styles holding devices that don't exist made by companies that don't do business anymore.

old people are so funny with their elitist attitude
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-27-13 04:32 PM
    Instagram is never coming. Put down the pipe.

Just look at the sentiment surrounding BlackBerry right now...if you were a developer would you want to develop for BlackBerry right now?
    09-27-13 04:37 PM
    BlackBerry dropped the ball on the applications. They're absolutely horrible at spotting trends.

Alicia Keys? No Instagram? No SnapChat? Seriously...

And I don't give a **** about the whole "Those apps are useless" argument. I don't use either of them and likely never will...but MILLIONS of people do daily (even hourly) and how do you expect to lure them away from their devices if BlackBerry doesn't even have the apps that their lives revolve around?

BlackBerry has the worst management in recent history when it comes to tech companies. They deserve to fail.
    melb_me and cwalt2166 like this.
    09-27-13 04:39 PM
    Follow that guys twitter feed.

Ask why and what is being debug as a port.

Interesting stuff albeit somewhat indeterminate.

09-27-13 04:39 PM
    Instagram is never coming. Put down the pipe.

Just look at the sentiment surrounding BlackBerry right now...if you were a developer would you want to develop for BlackBerry right now?
    Holy s**t we have a prophet.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:40 PM
    Clearly a miss use of the word elitist if it is mentioned in regards to my post.

Hahahahaha

Just say'n

09-27-13 04:43 PM
    Yes the deserve collapse because they offer an app people love for nearly the entire spectrum of mobile platforms for free right? P.S. They got theirs already, they sold the company for $1 billion. To be honest I wouldn't make the app either, it wouldn't function properly on bb10 even if it was native, it needs to work as a headless app for proper messaging and notification and we don't have that. Perhaps instagram is waiting on BlackBerry to make a full featured platform first.
    Just saying...things change. always have, always will. Just look at blackberry and apple. One was a giant. The other close to ruins. The world turned..and so did they. What happens when the world turns again? All we know right now at this moment is it WILL be different.
    bombastic likes this.
    09-27-13 04:51 PM
    Clearly a miss use of the word elitist if it is mentioned in regards to my post.

Hahahahaha

Just say'n

didn't realize u were the squircle guy lol
    09-27-13 04:55 PM
    didn't realize u were the squircle guy lol
    Lmao

You no love the Squircle?

09-27-13 04:57 PM
    BlackBerry dropped the ball on the applications. They're absolutely horrible at spotting trends.

Alicia Keys? No Instagram? No SnapChat? Seriously...

And I don't give a **** about the whole "Those apps are useless" argument. I don't use either of them and likely never will...but MILLIONS of people do daily (even hourly) and how do you expect to lure them away from their devices if BlackBerry doesn't even have the apps that their lives revolve around?

BlackBerry has the worst management in recent history when it comes to tech companies. They deserve to fail.
    To be fair, BlackBerry isn't the one making that silly "it's a useless app" argument. Those are a few crazy fans.
    Elite1 and Toodeurep like this.
    09-27-13 05:05 PM
    So if it wasn't in the works in a quarter that showed decent platform growth, you think it'll be in the works after the platform is declining?
    The platform isn't declining, BBOS is declining and BB10 growth is very slow.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman and xiaohuaxing like this.
    09-27-13 05:35 PM
    Wish this had a slight incline that Instagram was coming to BB10 as a native app. No more sideloading.

I did read an article earlier about Alec Saunders saying something about Instagram not coming to BB10. Not sure how official that is but definitely not cool if it's true!
    09-27-13 05:55 PM
    Hope will always be there. Reality is a different matter.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 06:06 PM

I never said never lol

No you just said isn't coming.
    Which implies that it IS NOT coming.
    But that's not what was said.
    What was said is that it's not planned as of now.
    One leaves hope, the other doesn't.

Eg. I'm not coming to your birthday party vs I'm not coming to your birthday party right now.
    One says no the other implies maybe later.
    LOL..... he's just being Justin Blibbier..
    stabstabdie likes this.
    09-27-13 06:28 PM
    They would have to hire more developers, spend time and money developing an app to serve what? A few million? Their app is available to over 90% of the market, why would they cater to ~4%? That isn't expanding business, that's a bad investment. I'd love a native app, but I also understand how much work that would be and I can't fathom the effort for a platform that's in rapid decline.
    Ok that's fine. But why not branch out to all smartphone users and gather a team of developers to tackle the smaller device markets. They may be putting their name, kind of, behind a few WP8 developers but why not just allow BlackBerry to build the app then? Which they offered to do and offered to pay according Alec Saunders.

To be honest I wouldn't make the app either, it wouldn't function properly on bb10 even if it was native, it needs to work as a headless app for proper messaging and notification and we don't have that. Perhaps instagram is waiting on BlackBerry to make a full featured platform first.
    An Android port would have headless functionality. I do get notifications when people comment or like my pic on Instagram. It isn't perfect and needs a little tweaking. But why bother because guess what? If BlackBerry builds it IT WILL HAVE HEADLESS CAPABILITIES. As of as soon as they build an app. So why tell them no? That is the problem. Why does BB want to play nice with a single company that is a single app, albeit very popular one, when they don't want to even acknowledge them or give their permission to build it. What is stopping them now?
    ital1, Toodeurep and xiaohuaxing like this.
    09-27-13 09:12 PM
    Ok that's fine. But why not branch out to all smartphone users and gather a team of developers to tackle the smaller device markets. They may be putting their name, kind of, behind a few WP8 developers but why not just allow BlackBerry to build the app then? Which they offered to do and offered to pay according Alec Saunders.

An Android port would have headless functionality. I do get notifications when people comment or like my pic on Instagram. It isn't perfect and needs a little tweaking. But why bother because guess what? If BlackBerry builds it IT WILL HAVE HEADLESS CAPABILITIES. As of as soon as they build an app. So why tell them no? That is the problem. Why does BB want to play nice with a single company that is a single app, albeit very popular one, when they don't want to even acknowledge them or give their permission to build it. What is stopping them now?
    Now you're getting somewhere. Considering we know for a fact Apple has paid developers to delay Android launches, wouldn't be surprised if that's happened with instagram. Especially considering apple threw a fit when it launched on Android.
    bombastic likes this.
    09-28-13 01:15 AM
80 1234