10-24-13 08:34 AM
67 123
tools
    The average person who uses instagram probably won't care or even notice

Posted from my Z10
    Perhaps, but the developers do.
    Well the good ones at least, they take pride in their work, in their apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    10-17-13 12:23 PM
    Perhaps, but the developers do.
    Well the good ones at least, they take pride in their work, in their apps.

Guess Microsoft sucks then (skype) lol
    10-17-13 12:45 PM
    Guess Microsoft sucks then (skype) lol
    The day Microsoft bought Skype was the day I closed my account.

Coachbulldog and nt300 like this.
    10-17-13 01:13 PM
    Market Share %? Is a ridiculous way to establish an app for a mobile platform, one reason being Instagram is high profile and people make buying decisions based on it. In other words, you not offering the app, they are killing potential BB10 sales.
    10-20-13 07:07 PM
    Market Share %? Is a ridiculous way to establish an app for a mobile platform, one reason being Instagram is high profile and people make buying decisions based on it. In other words, you not offering the app, they are killing potential BB10 sales.
    Actually it is THE reason to establish an app for a mobile platform, marketshare and profitability.

Furthermore to blame Instagram for blackberry's failure with bb10 is misguided at best.

10-20-13 07:29 PM
    instagram is not a charity...why they need to build a BB10 apps ? if they think they dont see any profit or large user base.
    10-21-13 04:13 AM
    instagram is not a charity...why they need to build a BB10 apps ? if they think they dont see any profit or large user base.
    There have been many attempts to sideload Instagram and mostly it works, only confounded by measures taken by Instagram itself (updates etc). They could have gone Skype route and release an "official" Instagram app.

No wait, make it "they could have gone Gameloft route"

Asphalt 7 is an Android port (that is, it's stripped to the bare minimum and patched up to barely works on BlackBerry 10), and I think without further optimization it could have gotten. That's primarily why it runs so s**ty-ly and you can encounter cheaters of all kinds and doesn't induce the Android runtime bar.

Skype, on the other hand, is a straight-up honest-to-God Android version with bare changes to convert the apk to bar. Most likely, they just convert it with the SDK tool and go with that one.

I hope iGrann can do something about this Instagram situation.

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    10-21-13 04:56 AM
    So WP8 is getting Instagram. It was announced today and look at what IG CEO said again...

"Our ultimate goal is to bring Instagram to everyone who wants to use it," says Systrom. "We're looking forward to watching the Windows Phone community use Instagram to capture and share beautiful moments in the coming weeks."

BlackBerry 10 users want it! Do you guys think he's hinting an announcement is coming or is he being a lying jerk? Because clearly we want it.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 12:19 PM
    So WP8 is getting Instagram. It was announced today and look at what IG CEO said again...

"Our ultimate goal is to bring Instagram to everyone who wants to use it," says Systrom. "We're looking forward to watching the Windows Phone community use Instagram to capture and share beautiful moments in the coming weeks."

BlackBerry 10 users want it! Do you guys think he's hinting an announcement is coming or is he being a lying jerk? Because clearly we want it.

Posted via CB10
    Again, how is he lying?
    10-22-13 12:26 PM
    Again, how is he lying?
    He says he wants IG available to everyone who wants it and last week said they want it on as many platforms as possible. But when BlackBerry asks for it, they say no. BlackBerry fans have been asking for it, and we don't have it.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 01:09 PM
    He says he wants IG available to everyone who wants it and last week said they want it on as many platforms as possible. But when BlackBerry asks for it, they say no. BlackBerry fans have been asking for it, and we don't have it.

Posted via CB10
    He has to manage his company's ROI. Wanting it on all platforms it's logical, but him understanding that it may not be worth the cost of development and maintenance is logical too.

Plus, MSFT is not averse to posting to encourage development.
    10-22-13 01:17 PM
    He has to manage his company's ROI. Wanting it on all platforms it's logical, but him understanding that it may not be worth the cost of development and maintenance is logical too.

Plus, MSFT is not averse to posting to encourage development.
    I'm not disputing any of that, but don't say it is available to all who want it...because it isn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 02:21 PM
    Once Bbm channel comes out instagram might have less traffic.
    Yeah I know, don't dream too much you might think but the number are impressive.

Android and iPhone fan better thank BlackBerry for making their phone better.
    10-22-13 08:03 PM
    Once Bbm channel comes out instagram might have less traffic.
    Yeah I know, don't dream too much you might think but the number are impressive.

Android and iPhone fan better thank BlackBerry for making their phone better.
    When BlackBerry users thank Apple for slab touchscreen inspiration and Android for the runtime, we can proceed to the next round of gratitude.
    10-22-13 10:24 PM
    But the IG CEO just said he wants to be on every platform. Didn't say he's waiting for a threshold.

Posted via CB10
    I think he's just speaking hot air to get people talking about how ambitious instagram is.

Most investors aren't savvy enough to validate what the CEO is saying. It's likely just an attempt at telling people what they want to hear.

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-22-13 10:31 PM
    We will have service, just through a 3rd party client or through side loading.

Posted from my Z10
    10-22-13 10:38 PM
    Maybe IG is waiting, as we all are, to see if BB10 lives past the impending sale process.
    10-24-13 08:34 AM
67 123