But I notice no pictures attachments option available

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 07:24 AM
    Hi
    We still need whatsup bec some of the core function. Picture sharing
    I created a group in BBM with only two people
    But I notice no pictures attachments option available

Posted via CB10
    I replied to your other post about this. Yes you can.
    10-25-13 07:48 AM
    #AlreadyDone

I changed my status for the last time and uninstalled whatsup.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 10:55 AM
    WhatsApp will charge 99 cents after 1 yr, I will cancel just before that!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 11:28 AM
    They were nice enough to make a good native app. That being said, I only ever used it for one friend, and am keeping it for her.
    10-25-13 12:31 PM
    Hello everyone,

Now that BBM is cross platform... How about we start by ourselves BB users to unsubscribe from Whatsapp and have it removed from our BlackBerrys? I have already done that myself, with my circle of friends and family... I haven't seen much resistance so far...

Cheers,
    Deleted the app off my phone but can't find a way to actually delete the account. This used to be an option on Whatsapp on the legacy OS
    10-25-13 12:40 PM
    Deleted it about 10 minutes after a couple of my friends got onto BBM
    THIS ^^^^^^
    lol
    10-25-13 01:19 PM
    I hate whatsapp, my friend hacked my whatsapp over wifi. Screw that app
    That isn't the apps problem, you just need better friends.
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-25-13 02:03 PM
    Deleted the app off my phone but can't find a way to actually delete the account. This used to be an option on Whatsapp on the legacy OS
    If you still have the legacy OS and can connect to the internet through WiFi, then install whatsapp there using your BB10 device number. You will get the code on you BB10 device but you will have to input it on your legacy OS, and delete your account from there.
    shupor likes this.
    10-25-13 02:14 PM
    I just deleted it
    10-25-13 02:23 PM
    WhatsApp will charge 99 cents after 1 yr, I will cancel just before that!

Posted via CB10
    What you gonna do when whoever buys
    BBM starts charging for it (as they inevitably will), you gonna uninstall it?
    10-25-13 03:02 PM
    I have no problem getting rid of whatsapp I never use it.
    10-25-13 03:08 PM
    I will remove once I have converted my contacts over to BBM. My windows phone friends are just gonna have to sms me
    10-25-13 03:19 PM
    What is whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 03:19 PM
    I dont think I will remove whatsapp soon, but I send a message to all my contacts on Whatsapp inviting them to install BBM ... maybe some day they will decide to reach me trough BBM instead of Whatsapp.
    10-25-13 03:20 PM
    I still need WhatsApp to talk to my WP homies.
    Heh. ISWYDT. Good point, BlackBerry can't rest on their laurels, I'd like to see BBM Desktop (Mac/PC) and for WP8 as well. And make my BBM ID link across devices! Either make BlackBerry Bridge cross platform or put it in the cloud so that people can have it on their phones AND tablets, etc...
    10-25-13 03:25 PM
    Before you do you should tell them you're moving to BBM and leave your pin in the whatsapp status
    10-25-13 03:39 PM
    Just changed whatsapp status to: Hi I'm using BBM (followed by my PIN). Hey, it's a start.

Posted via CB10
    BB12MX likes this.
    10-25-13 04:06 PM
    Just changed whatsapp status to: Hi I'm using BBM (followed by my PIN). Hey, it's a start.

Posted via CB10
    Just did the same ... "Descarga BlackBerry Messenger desde tu iPhone & Android desde BBM.com"
    10-25-13 04:14 PM
    No way I'd upload my entire contact list to WhatsApp.
    10-25-13 04:25 PM
    Don't have to ask as the answer is quite simple. Neither Apple or Google are circling the drain and therefore do not have the need to try to increase their user base in the same way BlackBerry must.

Which is exactly my point.

Neither Google or Apple are charities. Nor is WhatsApp. They write apps for platforms only when they think it will increase their own revenue and there is a business case for it, they are not doing Blackberry users or anyone else any favors when they write such apps.

Why we are all supposed to prostrate ourselves in fawning gratitude to companies because they wrote an app which is designed solely to further the developer's own success is absurd.

WhatsApp got to be a very widely-used IM platform in part because they obviously did not ignore anything but the top-2 user groups, like so many other developers do. (Hello Instagram)

But BlackBerry had BBM way before WhatsApp was ever even conceptualized. Do you *really* think that WhatsApp was ignorant of the fact that BBM was also their competition? Of course they know that and of course they knew that Blackberry had every intention of leveraging BBM. BlackBerry most likely not only gave WhatsApp a lot of assistance porting their app to BB10, they probably gave them direct financial payments too. What else should the company and the users do to coddle them now that we helped them become one of the top IM platforms?

No more WhatsApp for me. Tried it on xperia, wphone, iphone 5, Z30...no privacy, ugly interface, eats battery.

It was specifically the sloppy coding and lack of privacy that rendered WhatsApp utterly uninteresting to me from the start. Can't blame BlackBerry for that.

That isn't the apps problem, you just need better friends.
    Actually it is the apps problem. Security is poor and the architecture itself (using phone numbers for user IDs) is fundamentally incompatible with privacy and opens the door to all sorts of potential abuses.
    10-25-13 04:25 PM
    People on CB put way too much effort into an "us against them" mentality. Why not just have both?
    Let them have the time in the sun. They are fighting for relevancy. They've had a nasty shock over the last couple of years when realization finally dawned on them that consumers went to rehab and were no longer crackberries.
    10-25-13 06:42 PM
    What a stupid "initiative"...

You guys constantly whine at app developers for not making native BB10 apps and here Whatsapp makes an app for BB10 and you guys turn around try to screw with whatsapp...don't get me wrong, you will have zero impact (BBIM might take over the role of whatsapp in the broader community but it will not have anything to do with this).

If I was whatsapp and saw such shenanigans I'd definitely think twice about updating the BB app.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    10-25-13 07:03 PM
    No hard feelings, WhatsApp ..
    Initiative to start removing WhatsApp-bbm_vs_whatsapp_m.png
    bobauckland likes this.
    10-25-13 07:08 PM
    What is whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    About 350 million people know what WhatsApp is
    10-25-13 07:10 PM
203 ... 23456 ...