11-01-13 01:10 PM
203 12345 ...
tools
    It's a stupid idea. Why do you want to do that by publicly announcing? Whatsapp is available for every old/new platform and I'd like to keep it just in case. I'll use as long as BBM supports the action, otherwise whatsapp will always be there.

I'm thankful to WhatsApp team for bringing it to BB10, as a native app.
    ital1, theflew, richardat and 2 others like this.
    10-24-13 11:50 AM
    Silliest idea I have seen in a while. Because there is now BBM cross platform you want people to remove WhatsApp, for what...? You are essentially asking people to give themselves FEWER options.
    theflew, richardat, Etios and 1 others like this.
    10-24-13 11:56 AM
    I think whatsapp gives or gave a service for blackberry users, and invested in making an app for BB10, so don't think is good to start a campaign against them, let people choose, most of the people will be happy having both, we have a free service from them let's be grateful.
    10-24-13 12:05 PM
    I think whatsapp gives or gave a service for blackberry users, and invested in making an app for BB10, so don't think is good to start a campaign against them, let people choose, most of the people will be happy having both, we have a free service from them let's be grateful.
    Exactly. With all the whining about how developers are not creating for or are abandoning BlackBerry the idea of dumping an app that was there for BlackBerry almost from the beginning seems to me to be the height of foolishness and sends a horrible message to the people who are actually creating apps for the platform.
    theflew and Etios like this.
    10-24-13 12:10 PM
    Yuuuuup. Already removed it a month ago.
    10-24-13 12:19 PM
    People on CB put way too much effort into an "us against them" mentality. Why not just have both?
    True! I still use Trillian....rofl
    10-24-13 12:22 PM
    will have to wait until i motivate all to convert into whats App
    10-24-13 12:45 PM
    I removed it only because I used it to talk to two people who told me they missed BBM anyways (and now have it). To be honest, I was never a big fan of WhatsApp, it's actually why I got my first BlackBerry in the first place back in 2011.
    10-24-13 01:26 PM
    I hate whatsapp, my friend hacked my whatsapp over wifi. Screw that app
    10-24-13 01:37 PM
    People on CB put way too much effort into an "us against them" mentality. Why not just have both?

Because the competition doesn't think that way either.

Ask Google why they don't write a Gmail or Hangouts app for BB10.

Ask Apple why they don't make iMessage cross-platform.

Oh yes, the naive BlackBerry faithful will just sing "Kumbaya" and march off to slaughter while the competition keeps pulling all of their tech into their own walled garden, as naive BlackBerry users try to be nice to the competition.

Good luck with that.
    mared_3400 likes this.
    10-24-13 02:06 PM
    My whatsapp contact list =57 my bbm =0. No thanks

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-24-13 02:17 PM

Oh yes, the naive BlackBerry faithful will just sing "Kumbaya" and march off to slaughter while the competition keeps pulling all of their tech into their own walled garden, as naive BlackBerry users try to be nice to the competition.

Good luck with that.
    Your analogy makes no sense. First off the competition isn't thinking that because Google and apple allowed bbm on their platforms. Second using apple and Google in comparison with whatsapp is wrong. What'sapp is a company that went out its way to develop an app with Blackberry was bottom of the barrel in the smartphone game regarding developers(and still is). You want to drop it just drop it...but trying to make a campaign against a developer who made an native app is stupid. And btw we are still behind in popular apps so this isn't the time to crap on developers
    10-24-13 02:34 PM
    I deleted WhatsApp from my 9850 last night!! The feeling was indescribable hahaha

#BBM4ALL
    This is so sick.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 02:53 PM
    Never liked WhatsApp removed it even before the cross platform bbm just told people to email / text if they needed me lol

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 03:14 PM
    can someone help where to delete whatsapp? specially my number.
    dont say in account info because there is no delete button there
    10-24-13 04:05 PM

Don't have to ask as the answer is quite simple. Neither Apple or Google are circling the drain and therefore do not have the need to try to increase their user base in the same way BlackBerry must.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 10-24-13 at 06:36 PM.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    10-24-13 05:44 PM
    While I would definitely love to, Whatsapp is too far integrated in Dutch social life. I will try to mention BlackBerry Messenger as a viable option on Android and iOs, but in the end, it is a personal choice. Sure, I'll make some of my friends try, but most will probably not care a ****.
    I think BBM will be that huge like 2 years ago
    10-24-13 05:46 PM
    What's app went out of their way to make a pretty decent app for BB10 even went for enough to work with BlackBerry in bringing hub support. Much respects to them. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you view it, most of my contacts recently moved to BBM so I'm moving on. But they did provide a service that was invaluable to me before.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:44 PM
    Never had it in the first place.... xD

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 09:50 PM
    I can't delete it just yet. You can't even send a video on BBM for IOS.
    10-24-13 09:55 PM
    I deleted whatsapp weeks ago but I am concern about ny number on their server and some of my former contacts messaging a "ghost" number.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:16 PM
    I deleted whatsapp weeks ago but I am concern about ny number on their server and some of my former contacts messaging a "ghost" number.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10 - Red Q5 (SQR 100-1) T-Mobile USA
    10-24-13 10:39 PM
    I still need WhatsApp to talk to my WP homies.
    I hope BBM eventually comes in a WP version also.

I remember the days we were waiting impatiently for WhatsApp. WhatsApp was kind enough to make an app for BB10. How thankful we are now? I may delete whatsapp if I am bored but not because of BBM.
    You make a very good point here. It should be respected that WhatsApp made a version for BlackBerry and then BB10 as well.

I would be a little concerned about this also, and it's one of issues common to Viber regarding the privacy aspect.

In my case, SMS and BBM fulfilled all my requirements, so I've never used or installed WhatsApp before.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 10-24-13 at 11:07 PM.
    10-24-13 10:52 PM

Good luck with that.
    But but but, Google or Apple never said they didn't want BlackBerry apps in their systems. They just said it wasn't worth the effort coding their apps for BB. Fair enough since even BB can't be bothered coding BBM for the PlayBook, their own tablet.

On top of that, nobody else is running a virtual OS to run BB apps on other systems like BB is, so maybe annoying cross platform devs who bother making a native app isn't a great idea.

On top of that, and this is the kicker for me, how reliable is it to ask people to move to BBM?
    Prior to BBM launching, I was hyping it to everyone, and hinting that I would uninstall all other chat apps to force the issue. That's what BlackBerry fanboyism does to people.

Then I thought about it, taking this approach led to friends buying OS6 devices and regretting it, then OS7 devices and regretting it, and now BB10 devices and wondering why I made a fuss.
    Pushing them to move to BBM now, when it has less features than WhatsApp, Viber, Skype etc, and less users, and when theres a strong possibility come November 4 a new company will own BBM and want to take it in a different direction or even discontinue it, that would really be a bad idea.

I think the biggest blow in the BBM delay, for me, is I no longer trust them at all.
    It's not a delay, it's a question of whether I think the app will still be around in months to years. And I'm not sure. And BlackBerry's communications don't inspire confidence.

Until a clear direction and commitment to the future is made, I can't see BBM becoming an exclusive option. There's always the chance it will be shut down overnight.
    m1a1mg, Etios, ccbs and 1 others like this.
    10-25-13 05:40 AM
    No more WhatsApp for me. Tried it on xperia, wphone, iphone 5, Z30...no privacy, ugly interface, eats battery.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-25-13 07:06 AM
203 12345 ...