11-01-13 01:10 PM
203 1234 ...
tools
    Removed it already. No need for Whatsapp and my Girlfriend likes BBM soo much expecially the PING button :'-(

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    Time to resurrect the classic 'Ping Me Baby" song for all our new iOS and Android users....

Posted via CB10
    nemo7 likes this.
    10-24-13 08:34 AM
    We all deserve a world made up of choices. A freedom to choose what we like or dislike. Variety is the spice of life and life will be so much poorer without choices. Similarly, we all need choices on cellphones. The world will be so much poorer if WP or BB or disappears overnight and our choices are restricted.
    10-24-13 08:34 AM
    I agree that it's a matter of choice. WhatsApp is a nice app overall and it didn't do anything bad neither to BlackBerry nor to BBM. So, why bashing it suddenly and remove as if it some kind of malware?! It's a handy messenger when it comes to texting those who never heard of BBM (and trust me such people DO exist). So, I will keep it at least until all of my contacts migrate to BBM. And trust me once again I'm putting alot of effort to convert people to BBM.
    m1kr0, theflew, Etios and 2 others like this.
    10-24-13 08:43 AM
    You can't... I had to move my phone number back to an iOS device I had and deleted it from there...
    If I install whatsapp on my old BlackBerry can I do it there? My sim card won't fit though.
    10-24-13 08:43 AM
    WhatsApp supported bb10 early on. We were all thankful when it was released! The product has received continually updates since being released. They have been good to BB10 users. There is room for both WhatsApp and BBM. Yes WhatsApp is a competitor to BBM. If Apple applied the same logic they wouldn't allow BBM on IOS alongside of imessage. Can't we all just get along? It is no secret we still need app developers to support BB10. A public campaign to go dump one company who supported us on early on does not reflect well on the community.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:54 AM
    I deleted WhatsApp from my 9850 last night!! The feeling was indescribable hahaha

#BBM4ALL
    10-24-13 09:01 AM
    I want to set the delete Whatapps toast notification as my BBM DP, does anyone have a screenshot, cant seem to take out a screenshot while a toast notification is active.
    10-24-13 09:34 AM
    Love to, but my wA has free lifetime service. And some of my poorer friends still on ginger

Sent from my zipaligned and deodexed own custom ROM on HTC One X
    10-24-13 09:42 AM
    Gone. No hard feelings ; )

WA for WP8. Sorted!!
    10-24-13 09:54 AM
    Already done, what's crap is long gone, bold 9900 has never worked better, also converted my work group from what's app back to bbm where is should have been all along
    10-24-13 10:01 AM
    I don't think you need an initiative for people to delete whatsapp. If BBM is better & people take to it, it'll happen all on its own. Plus there's nothing wrong with a little healthy competition.

Having said that, if I ever had downloaded whatsapp it would be gone by now. I'm making friends on ios and android aware of BBM availability & slowly but surely my BBM list is growing.
    10-24-13 10:06 AM
    WhatsApp supported bb10 early on. We were all thankful when it was released! The product has received continually updates since being released. They have been good to BB10 users. There is room for both WhatsApp and BBM. Yes WhatsApp is a competitor to BBM. If Apple applied the same logic they wouldn't allow BBM on IOS alongside of imessage. Can't we all just get along? It is no secret we still need app developers to support BB10. A public campaign to go dump one company who supported us on early on does not reflect well on the community.

Posted via CB10
    Amazing how many people have b!tched and moaned about developers who won't support BB10 by even porting over their Android app, let alone support BB10 by developing a native version of their app.

So here's a major developer who did develop a native version of its app for BB10, and who made it available right around launch to boot.

And what do they get? Probably the dumbest, most asinine thread in the history of CrackBerry, one full of ingrates, know-nothings, and brainless platform cheerleaders all clamoring for a boycott of the developer's app.

Nice going, guys.
    10-24-13 10:20 AM
    If I install whatsapp on my old BlackBerry can I do it there? My sim card won't fit though.
    You don't need a SIM card as long as you have a wireless connection. Delete it from your BB10 device. Install it on your BBOS device, they will ask you for the phone number and it will get activated there. Then go ahead and delete your account.
    10-24-13 10:21 AM
    I rather like whatsapp, does everything I need on my HTC one and hooks to all my friends.
    Why should I remove it?
    What does bbm offer currently that whatsapp doesn't?
    10-24-13 10:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    It was a win/win situation for both Whatsapp and BB users... I don't think they did mind adding some 10s of millions of the BB community to their counts.
    10-24-13 10:28 AM
    Amazing how many people have b!tched and moaned about developers who won't support BB10 by even porting over their Android app, let alone support BB10 by developing a native version of their app.

So here's a major developer who did develop a native version of its app for BB10, and who made it available right around launch to boot.

And what do they get? Probably the dumbest, most asinine thread in the history of CrackBerry, one full of ingrates, know-nothings, and brainless platform cheerleaders all clamoring for a boycott of the developer's app.

Nice going, guys.
    Chillax budy... No body is pushing you to do so... Maybe you should remove Viber instead - that's if you have it- as it doesn't meet your criteria.
    10-24-13 10:32 AM
    Bit premature don't ya think? I'd wait til Nov 4.
    10-24-13 10:38 AM
    I still need WhatsApp to talk to my WP homies.
    ^This
    10-24-13 10:48 AM
    As much of a fan of BlackBerry that I am, I have to disagree with this thread. Whatsapp supported BB10 and was one of those make or break apps; how about being thankful for their support while choosing not to use it, instead of suggesting this type of campaign? I can assure you this type of mentality will turn away other developers.
    Last edited by ital1; 10-24-13 at 11:02 AM.
    m1kr0, theflew, Etios and 1 others like this.
    10-24-13 10:49 AM
    Not able to remove it.
    Whatsapp verison on BB10 doesn't even you an option to delete your account.

If you just delete the application.. you're helping whatsapp out.

I deleted the app, and emailed them numerous times to remove my account. No luck.

So this is what i did.

Initiative to start removing WhatsApp-img_00001462.png

Posted via CB10 - Red Q5 (SQR 100-1) T-Mobile USA
    nemo7 and mrmartis like this.
    10-24-13 10:55 AM
    People on CB put way too much effort into an "us against them" mentality. Why not just have both?
    Until bbm fully supports android and ios I wont delete it whats apps and skype or handouts because they does more then bbm like group sends of pictures and video chat and voice

I doubt it will replace many cross platform clients until they add more basic features that others have

Bbm is limited to one file send and voice memos and txt
    vs video txt and voice chats on most clients
    theflew likes this.
    10-24-13 11:20 AM
    I will be transferring all WhatsApp contacts to BBM.

Will take a while, seeing as I have 80+ WhatsApp contacts.

Posted via my Z30.
    10-24-13 11:21 AM
    While I would definitely love to, Whatsapp is too far integrated in Dutch social life. I will try to mention BlackBerry Messenger as a viable option on Android and iOs, but in the end, it is a personal choice. Sure, I'll make some of my friends try, but most will probably not care a ****.
    I visited Netherlands twice, and I saw tons of blackberrys around, though that was in mid 2011. Are blackberrys no longer popular over there?
    10-24-13 11:35 AM
    Absolutely brainless.
    And you folks wonder why developers are hesitant to develop for this platform.
    Here's one of the main reasons.
    Let's hope the majority of users don't share this demented mentality. Hopefully you folks don't represent the average Blackberry user.
    Last edited by mikeo007; 10-24-13 at 12:39 PM.
    theflew, richardat and Etios like this.
    10-24-13 11:43 AM
    She'll also love Read icon, but you might hate it later when she asks why you didn't respond after reading .

Removed it already. No need for Whatsapp and my Girlfriend likes BBM soo much expecially the PING button :'-(

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    10-24-13 11:46 AM
203 1234 ...