I don't know how many of you have received mail recently from RIM BlackBerry Indonesia that says your pin is the winner of a car (in my case a Honda jazz RS). I had to laugh as they went to so much trouble to make it convincing but are thick enough to not realise RIM is no more and they seem to think the whole world speaks Indonesian. I only know about car as i put a part of it through a translator app and no doubt if i kept going i would be asked for money to pay taxes etc before i can get car. Oh well if they want to ship said car to me and pay any costs involved great if not then they can kiss my Pacific RIM! And I'm Beyonc s left titty!

My lubbly jubbly Z10. Shine on you crazy BlackBerry
    05-30-15 08:14 AM
    I don't know how many of you have received mail recently from RIM BlackBerry Indonesia that says your pin is the winner of a car (in my case a Honda jazz RS). I had to laugh as they went to so much trouble to make it convincing but are thick enough to not realise RIM is no more and they seem to think the whole world speaks Indonesian. I only know about car as i put a part of it through a translator app and no doubt if i kept going i would be asked for money to pay taxes etc before i can get car. Oh well if they want to ship said car to me and pay any costs involved great if not then they can kiss my Pacific RIM! And I'm Beyonc s left titty!

My lubbly jubbly Z10. Shine on you crazy BlackBerry
    why it's so important for indonesian education system to know rim change their name to Blackberry ?

most people in the world dont know if Blackberry still existed and doesnt care if RIM change their name to Blackberry..
    pgg101 likes this.
    05-30-15 09:21 AM
    For the record, I received such a message too. I'm not from Indonesia but from the Netherlands. I do have some Indonesian friends on BBM. I received the message via BBM (as far as I remember), not via email! This is really SPAM, just like those African emails that ask you to pay money to help collect an inheritance of 10M, and you will get 1M if you help.

Nobody has to be educated here on RIM, especially not Indonesians. To the ahssoels that SPAM me with fishing BBM messages: find a decent job!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 03:09 AM
    Those people who sent you an email are spammer. They don't care if BlackBerry now is RIM, or whatever. They just want to spam you.

Posted by Z30
    06-01-15 10:26 AM
    I am on the latest OS 10.3.2.798. If I go to Settings - About - Category Legal the company name is still Research In Motion Limited.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.798
    06-05-15 09:40 AM
    I am on the latest OS 10.3.2.798. If I go to Settings - About - Category Legal the company name is still Research In Motion Limited.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.798
    Yeah and I realized they still sign their emails with RIM. Don't know what happened about the transfer to the "new" company name.
    06-05-15 09:50 AM
    I wouldn't fault the Indonesian education system.

Spammers split off the evolutionary track to humans sometime around the paramecia, so don't expect wonders.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    06-05-15 10:46 AM
    I have had this pin message myself... here is a quote

"Khusus untuk Anda! RIM BlackBerry
    Indonesia Memberi Selamat Kepada Pemilik
    Pin BlackBerry (XXXXXXxx) Anda yang
    Beruntung Memenangkan Hadiah Langsung
    ( 1 Unit Mobil Honda Jazz RS )"

It goes on but you can see how it identifies BB as "RIM BlackBerry Indonesia". One issue with this name is the official BB business name in indonesia is "PT. BlackBerry Indonesia". The "PT" is an important part of it and all official business names have it (or other forms) it's kind of like "Inc" or "Ltd". So the sender of this message has "bad" information on all counts... BB's name and a poor knowledge of how business names work in indonesia.

This may not poorly reflect how globally aware an indonesian is. Who says an indonesian even sent this pin message or it even happened in indonesia? It's a spam message and the target audience is an indonesian. If anything it reflects poorly on "spammers" not how equipt a nation is. US and Canada daily get spam messages with poor grammar or bad information but we typically fault the spammer not the intended audience for the errors.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 06-06-15 at 12:35 PM.
    06-06-15 12:48 AM
    Your PIN is just a hex string, throw enough messages out and you're likely to hit a few handsets.

These messages are likely phishing more than just spam since, if I'm not mistaken, BlackBerry has had some form of BBM based payment system in place in Indonesia for some time now. These lowlifes are probably trying to get money in some way, shape, or form.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 05:17 AM