The Chen in an e-mailed interview to the Economic Times.

India key for BlackBerry revival: CEO John Chen - The Economic Times
    07-25-14 07:34 AM
    I quote from the article
    "In an emailed interview, Chen tells ET that the companytransitioning from a smartphone maker to a product-***-services provideris buoyed by the success of its Z3 handset in India and that it is key to it regaining market share in the country."

I'm so curious about "transitioning from a smartphone maker to a product-***-services provider"
    What it means? Is that the future of BlackBerry?
    If there anyone so kind to elaborate this

Drooling for BlackBerry Passport!
    07-25-14 08:15 AM
    I quote from the article
    "In an emailed interview, Chen tells ET that the company—transitioning from a smartphone maker to a product-***-services provider—is buoyed by the success of its Z3 handset in India and that it is key to it regaining market share in the country."

I'm so curious about "transitioning from a smartphone maker to a product-***-services provider"
    What it means? Is that the future of BlackBerry?
    If there anyone so kind to elaborate this

CEO Speak.....

In regards to the Z3... BlackBerry let others do the building. Maybe he sees that as the future with BlackBerry production to be a thing of the past if the years to come...
    07-25-14 08:32 AM
    CEO Speak.....

In regards to the Z3... BlackBerry let others do the building. Maybe he sees that as the future with BlackBerry production to be a thing of the past if the years to come...
    I'm afraid, in the future BlackBerry only develop OS, Cloud Services, Enterprise Solutions and other software products and not produce nor design any hardware anymore.

We never knew what in JC thinking, just hope they hold on with situation at this time and slow but sure regain their success in the future with not abandoning hardware bussiness.

07-25-14 09:07 AM
    So...many...ads. I almost missed the article.

Basically, what that means is that BlackBerry isn't a handsets-only or handsets-first company. Handsets are only a part of the portfolio it offers.
    07-25-14 10:21 AM