Honestly? I'll admit that I am rather biased towards Blackberry 10. I simply don't like Android, though I suppose mostly for the fragmentation problem and underlying philosophy.

I've generally ignored all information on the Experience Suite, but I'm now starting to see it may just give me the device I need, and may just be Blackberry's end-game. Instead of relying on handsets, Blackberry can license the BES to whichever manufacturers want to use it (Samsung, HTC) and turn Android phones into Blackberrys. The Venice may just be the Google Nexus Slide, and the flagship for Google's enterprise push. I don't know what would happen to BB10, but I don't believe Blackberry will abandon it; it still has buyers and certification not available to Android devices.

What exactly will the BES be?
    08-20-15 08:12 PM
    Honestly? I'll admit that I am rather biased towards Blackberry 10. I simply don't like Android, though I suppose mostly for the fragmentation problem and underlying philosophy.

I've generally ignored all information on the Experience Suite, but I'm now starting to see it may just give me the device I need, and may just be Blackberry's end-game. Instead of relying on handsets, Blackberry can license the BES to whichever manufacturers want to use it (Samsung, HTC) and turn Android phones into Blackberrys. The Venice may just be the Google Nexus Slide, and the flagship for Google's enterprise push. I don't know what would happen to BB10, but I don't believe Blackberry will abandon it; it still has buyers and certification not available to Android devices.

BES as in BB Experience Suite?

That acronym is already taken by their server product, BES10 / BES12... :-)

----

Sure, Chen wants to own the cross-platform market with his integrated productivity suite. They might actually get there.

If you can beat them, join own them... ;-)

  BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!  
    08-21-15 03:21 AM
    The Venice may just be the Google Nexus Slide
    Oh man, the forums would need to be shut down due to the rioting if that happened.

I'd be cool with it though. Probably be easier to show of too friends as a "Google Nexus by BlackBerry" than "this is my BlackBerry slider. Yeah, they are still around. But it runs android now. Real android."

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 09:54 AM
    Oh man, the forums would need to be shut down due to the rioting if that happened.

I'd be cool with it though. Probably be easier to show of too friends as a "Google Nexus by BlackBerry" than "this is my BlackBerry slider. Yeah, they are still around. But it runs android now. Real android."

Posted via CB10
    It would be good to keep the Android versions under a different umbrella (such as Nexus) to help distinguish them from the BB10 devices. I imagine Blackberry would tweak the Venice design a little and sell the result as a BB10 phone.
    08-21-15 05:57 PM
    I'm wondering if it'll work like the cameraless editions of Blackberrys in the BBOS days. Maybe the Android editions would be sold in stores and carriers, but the BB10 version would be sold directly by Blackberry and business channels.
    08-21-15 06:10 PM

If they function well, I'll be near the front of the queue to pick up the suite.
    08-21-15 08:51 PM
    Only phones with "Pure" Vanilla Android and specifically chosen by the Android team will have the name Nexus. One APK that doesnt come from AOSP and the Android team and it wont be called a Nexus. its not happening ever...
    08-24-15 10:59 PM