Will this be super cool and everyone will buy the phone? Android fan can install android runtime, iPhone fan can install iOS runtime, windows fans can install windows runtime, and they can also all enjoy BlackBerry 10 native experience.

This will be killing feature!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 10:06 AM
    Will this be super cool and everyone will buy the phone? Android fan can install android runtime, iPhone fan can install iOS runtime, windows fans can install windows runtime, and they can also all enjoy BlackBerry 10 native experience.

Except that iOS and WP do not come with a free license to do so. Being able to run another OS runtime/environment is nothing new to the OS world. The limitation is that it isn't legal to do so without a proper license.
    CDM76, John Pawling and needforbbx like this.
    11-09-13 10:44 AM
    Except that iOS and WP do not come with a free license to do so. Being able to run another OS runtime/environment is nothing new to the OS world. The limitation is that it isn't legal to do so without a proper license.
    This and Google doesn't either but the source code is open and they can build the player for it so developers can port their apps and not recode
    11-09-13 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Worst idea ever. If you want WP than buy WP. If you want android than buy Android. Why you want run all the Buggy Runtimes if you can buy the phone with main OS?

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    11-09-13 04:31 PM
    Worst idea ever. If you want WP than buy WP. If you want android than buy Android. Why you want run all the Buggy Runtimes if you can buy the phone with main OS?

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    That's a bit narrow-minded.

There are plenty of reasons why you'd want multiple OSes on a device. Maybe I want Windows Phone's Microsoft Office, gee, I don't wanna pay $600 for another phone, as I don't want to leave my BlackBerry.

I can pretty much guarantee that if BlackBerry phones could sandbox Android, then BlackBerry customer base would not have shrunken so substantially.

Also, want Windows AND Android? Buy a BlackBerry.

Posted via my Z30.
    11-09-13 05:49 PM
    Why is the "Sandbox term thrown around so much? Any OS that incorporates another runtime typically sandboxes the emulation.

Sandboxed or not... You have two operating systems eating resources.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    John Pawling likes this.
    11-09-13 06:45 PM
    I don't think there's anything stopping a developer from creating a virtual machine app to run in BB10. Sure, the guest OS might have to be recoded to work on strange hardware, but it should work fine. WP and iOS probably wouldn't happen, but the VM could run Android, Firefox OS, and even Ubuntu Phone.

Heck, it could possibly allow for BB10 devices to be used as testbeds for experimental OSs while still having access to a stable OS.
    11-09-13 11:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Should've came with BBOS runtime so I could run all my Legacy paid apps and possibly Legacy push email.

Posted via CB10
    DaNomadicOne likes this.
    11-10-13 06:40 AM
    Should've came with BBOS runtime so I could run all my Legacy paid apps and possibly Legacy push email.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, would have been a good idea.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    11-10-13 08:23 AM
    This topic keeps coming up, as already addressed, you won't ever see iOS or WP apps on another device other than their own. It's never going to happen, ever. Those two companies do not offer a free license and anyone that had the ability to develop such a thing would be opening themselves up to a serious lawsuit.
    11-10-13 12:07 PM
    This topic keeps coming up, as already addressed, you won't ever see iOS or WP apps on another device other than their own. It's never going to happen, ever. Those two companies do not offer a free license and anyone that had the ability to develop such a thing would be opening themselves up to a serious lawsuit.
    I agree and like to add that you will never see them run any other OSes other than their own.

Posted via CB10 1.4.2 on Z10 10.2.0.424 on the Rogers Network
    11-10-13 12:15 PM