Here is what I got from your post:

Arrogance, condescension, blah, blah, blah........

If you actually get down from your high horse long enough, you'd note, as h20work noted, that very many people on CB bash Google. They whine, bit**, and complain. However, when the opportunity to save BB, and their dire app situation, comes along, BAM!, the Play Store is great. I find it amusing.

BTW, next time you don't need to write a thesis. The thread s about the hypocrisy of CB members with regard to Google. If that is too hard for you to comprehend, I can type more slowly next time.
    Well, you'd have to collect data on every poster that says Google sucks and cross-reference it with posters that say Play Store rulez to be sure that it's the same group

Sounds like a lot of work, lol.

I'm sure there are a few but I'm not sure you can prove widespread hypocrisy.

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep, h20work, mnc76 and 3 others like this.
    11-09-13 07:30 PM
    @slick

Did you miss all the threads about the fake bbm apps on play store? "Why does Google allow these scammers?", "Google sucks, full of malware and viruses!",etc ad nauseum.

I'm guessing you did, because they were full of hate directed at Google.
    a) I don't spend much time reading threads on crackberry. If they exist, I certainly did miss those threads.
    b) I would guess that the anger directed at Google was over what some perceived as the sabotaging of xBBM? I don't see how that has much, if anything, to do with wanting Android Apps and Play to run on BB10. Apples and oranges.
    11-09-13 08:43 PM
    If Google is so bad..........-img_00000843_edit.png

I can't say I haven't taken my jabs at Android. I have at least a dozen sideloads. I don't mind being a hypocrite if it means BB10 OS as a whole can get a foothold in the marketplace.

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    11-09-13 09:13 PM
    Just because a BB developer can add in code to get the Play Store to function on a BB10 device isn't anywhere CLOSE to the same thing as BB rolling out the Play Store to customers. Again, there is a MASSIVE difference between what is technically possible and what is legally possible. I agree that the Play Store is technically possible on BB10, but I strongly disagree that it is legally possible.
    Very well said and 100% correct. Can it be done? Of course. Will it be done? No.

However, a dual o/s or exclusive Android-running Blackberry is possible and could be worked out w/ Google. I very much doubt either of those will happen.

Blackberry needs to focus on cross-platform software and services. The handsets should just be there to break even and support the software/services. They are necessary. They cannot get out of hardware entirely. But they certainly cannot and should not even attempt to compete with Apple and Samsung! So sad that it has taken Blackberry this long to (hopefully?) accept reality and focus on their strengths. With a new CEO, an extra billion in the coffers, and 4,500 fewer employees - they now have the pieces in place for one last shot at success. If they fail, they are gone. Perhaps it's too late already? Many would argue so. I disagree. If they manage the company like they have in the past, it is hopeless. But if Chen puts the right people in place, with a forward-looking and viable vision, it can be done.
    11-09-13 09:13 PM
    a) I don't spend much time reading threads on crackberry. If they exist, I certainly did miss those threads.
    b) I would guess that the anger directed at Google was over what some perceived as the sabotaging of xBBM? I don't see how that has much, if anything, to do with wanting Android Apps and Play to run on BB10. Apples and oranges.
    A) easy to say you don't recall anyone saying they hate Google if you don't read anybody the threads. Trust me, there are tons of them floating around here. Everything from the nsa, selling our data, viruses, malware, identity theft, etc.

B) many of the posts were attacking Google for their play store policies.
    11-09-13 09:15 PM
    There is no reason to hate Google. Most of their products are free or responsibly priced, look and Nexus 7 and Nexus 5. Yes they make revenue out of days. But you can always opt out from the services or sending data to Google.
    11-10-13 02:24 AM
    I don't use many apps to begin with, so access to Google Play isn't as important to me as... the ability to speed dial someone on my Q10 by pressing and holding a letter assigned to them.

I have access to the iOS app store on my iPod, and during the Android BBM launch the first time, where tons of knockoff BBM apps were populating Google Play and Google seemed to have very little control over their own marketplace, I was pretty much like, "yeah, so this is kinda exactly why I don't care for Android."

Yeah, there are big name apps in Google Play, but when fake apps are popping up all the time, it's like going to a store with a bunch of junk and a few nice things that I'm not even interested in to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    AlwaysTantric likes this.
    11-10-13 04:19 AM
    A) easy to say you don't recall anyone saying they hate Google if you don't read anybody the threads. Trust me, there are tons of them floating around here. Everything from the nsa, selling our data, viruses, malware, identity theft, etc.

B) many of the posts were attacking Google for their play store policies.
    Your first point may be correct in the sense of it being true, that a lot of posters don't like Google per se.
    But you can't say that they don't have a point considering data mining or privacy concerns.
    The latest move from Google to require a Google+ account to comment on YouTube videos, even ticked off a co-founder.
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/8/50...quire-a-google

Or what about:
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/06/g...android-calls/
    and
    http://news.yahoo.com/google-change-...201238239.html
    There are reasons to not like Google, without being accused of being irrational.

I agree with your second point, but... Well...
    The policies in the Play Store aren't really that great anyhow.

I mean, we could take a look at BBW and our beloved spammer, S4BB (I thank the anonymous user who named it "sh** for BlackBerry", that's how I remember the acronym) and then ask ourselves if that really is so much better...

But if we take an appstore as a role model, we seriously should take the "App Store" as the one to follow.
    .............then why are folks so excited about the possibility of the Google Play Store on BB???

Enquiring minds want to know.
    I would guess because Google does not equal apps.
    Users want the apps, and they don't really care who the vendor is, simply because the vendor is of secondary nature in this case.

It may contain a certain degree of hypocrisy, but it's not as unlogical as the post tries to suggest.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 04:55 AM
    .............then why are folks so excited about the possibility of the Google Play Store on BB???

From a users point of view, Google bring tons of adds to almost everything they buy, just look at what happened to YouTube. And those of us who have a gmail account...Google looks through our confidential/private emails to see what advertising content is suitable for us.

From a small competitors point of view, Google buys out one of my competitor businesses, invest millions into it and my business closes because all my market share has disappeared to the company Google purchased.
    11-10-13 06:55 AM
    Google Maps rocks!
    h20work likes this.
    11-10-13 08:00 AM

Different people probably have different reasons, here are mine.
    1. I don't think that Google is bad, so the embedded assumption in the question do not apply.

2. I am excited simply because it would make the phone more appealing to people who need a lot of Apps, even though I don't.

3. Even if people do think that Google is bad, Apps on Google play store is not Google. They are Apps made by independent developers, not Google.

4. Your question has multiple layers of flaws. One, assuming that people think that Google is bad. Two, assuming that people are excited about getting Google on BB10, but in fact most are simply excited about Apps and the associated customer reach. Three, the question appears to be rhetorical and aimed to insult people rather than genuine curiosity.

5. My apologies if I read your post wrongly.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:05 AM
    B&N recently made Google Play available on their devices, but even that didn't save the nook.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:09 AM
    I don't use many apps to begin with, so access to Google Play isn't as important to me as... the ability to speed dial someone on my Q10 by pressing and holding a letter assigned to them.

I have access to the iOS app store on my iPod, and during the Android BBM launch the first time, where tons of knockoff BBM apps were populating Google Play and Google seemed to have very little control over their own marketplace, I was pretty much like, "yeah, so this is kinda exactly why I don't care for Android."

Yeah, there are big name apps in Google Play, but when fake apps are popping up all the time, it's like going to a store with a bunch of junk and a few nice things that I'm not even interested in to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    Given S4BB's absurd app spamming of thousands of garbage apps into BlackBerry world if you don't like Android for that 6 or so BBM knock offs, you must really hate BBRY then.
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    11-10-13 10:38 AM

I think anyone offering an honest assessment of the smartphone industry has to acknowledge that apps are important. Arguing that they aren't needed is denying the realities of the situation. The challenge for BB10 is getting apps unfortunately. It's making progress, but it's been tougher than many expected it would have been probably.
    Agreed.
    11-10-13 11:47 AM
    I can't put my finger on it, but I just get a bad vibe from Google. It's almost like they're trying to force themselves on you. LIke the brief stint I had an android phone (worst 2 months of mobile communication I've ever experienced) I was told that I had to have a gmail account in order to use the phone (which reminds me, if anyone knows how to delete or deactivate a gmail account please let me know). I just don't trust google, and get a bad vibe every time I try and use a google product.
    11-10-13 11:49 AM
    B&N recently made Google Play available on their devices, but even that didn't save the nook.
    Does that mean BBRY should stand idly by and no nothing? If the company tries, it gets criticized; if it doesn't try, same thing. If they are going to go down as so many are joyfully waiting for, might as well go down trying...
    h20work likes this.
    11-10-13 11:49 AM
    ^^this^^

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 12:22 PM
    I can't put my finger on it, but I just get a bad vibe from Google. It's almost like they're trying to force themselves on you. LIke the brief stint I had an android phone (worst 2 months of mobile communication I've ever experienced) I was told that I had to have a gmail account in order to use the phone (which reminds me, if anyone knows how to delete or deactivate a gmail account please let me know). I just don't trust google, and get a bad vibe every time I try and use a google product.

Really? You don't say? Rubbish! You can use the phone without a google account, but just like Blackberry and Apple you need a Google account to get access to the apps and services!
    11-10-13 01:17 PM
    You have to have an Apple ID in order to use an iDevice, an MSN/Live/Outlook/Hotmail account to use a WinPhone, and a BB ID in order to use a BlackBerry. This is nothing nefarious; it's simply the easiest way to identify your account, and is how everyone does it (because it makes sense).

You will eventually get ads in every "free" service. If you don't think ads are coming to BBM and to Channels, you are kidding yourself. And all companies look at things like your web history to target ads to you. Yes, Google has a bot that scans your Gmail for keywords and other helpful information (like tracking numbers for shipments) so that better target the ads you see. Would you rather see ads for stuff you have no interest in, or ads for things you actually care about (because you're going to see ads either way)? It's not like there is some human being reading your emails, and it's not that Google doesn't tell you up-front that it's happening.

Having said that, just because you have a Gmail account doesn't mean you have to USE it for anything other than Play Store purchases. Nothing prevents you from using Outlook/Hotmail or Yahoo Mail or whatever you like.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-10-13 03:55 PM
    Reubechs,

In those posts I only see speculation, "someone told me", conspiracy theories about the stock.

It doesn't make sense because the only way Google is controlling Android is using google play and their services. If Google would allow access to their services to any OS: BlackBerry, Tizen, Ubuntu, Jolla, Firefox and more important to Android forks like Fire OS, Android would die in a couple of months, every single OEM would make a fork and start their own path. Google formed the Open Alliance and forced every OEM to sign a contract with strict rules just to avoid this problem.
    If Google open their services just to BlackBerry (I don't know what reason could explain that), they would open a legal flank, because Google is virtually a monopoly in many countries with those services, so It could be forced to give same access to all the competitor under the same conditions.

Why Google would accept so much hassle to help an OS with almost zero market share and a company on life support?
    Wasn't posting to confirm nor deny the rumor or its plausibility. Yours and a couple others' comments actually belong in the thread I linked to, being as they are blatantly denying the rumor of Google Play coming to BB10. This thread was asking whether being tied to Google was or wasn't a good idea based on Google's perceived "evilness".

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.641
    11-10-13 04:35 PM
    which reminds me, if anyone knows how to delete or deactivate a gmail account please let me know
    It's somewhere in the security section, same place you'd find the two-step auth controls. You will most likely want to use a desktop or other large-screened device to access; I've deleted a Gmail account but it's been so long I don't clearly recall the process, and it would need to be viewed in desktop mode from a mobile device.

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.641
    11-10-13 04:39 PM
    Does that mean BBRY should stand idly by and no nothing? If the company tries, it gets criticized; if it doesn't try, same thing. If they are going to go down as so many are joyfully waiting for, might as well go down trying...
    It doesn't mean that bbry should stand idly by, but it does mean that blackberry will have to step up their game (which they won't). How does giving access to Google Play change anything? The changes really only affect the people who already own a bb10 device. It is not going to attract more people into buying a z/q10, or a z30. Why not, because of the hardware. The hardware is a huge let down. There are all ready phones that give access to Google Play, and most of those phones will outperform any bb10 device out.

I also think that Google Play on bb10 will **** off many android developers, because all the bb10 owners are going to flood the reviews with 1* ratings if the apps aren't 100% compatible with their devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 06:10 PM
    What if developers knew about this and decided not to bring their respective applications to BB10?
    11-10-13 07:20 PM
    It doesn't mean that bbry should stand idly by, but it does mean that blackberry will have to step up their game (which they won't). How does giving access to Google Play change anything? The changes really only affect the people who already own a bb10 device. It is not going to attract more people into buying a z/q10, or a z30. Why not, because of the hardware. The hardware is a huge let down. There are all ready phones that give access to Google Play, and most of those phones will outperform any bb10 device out.

I also think that Google Play on bb10 will **** off many android developers, because all the bb10 owners are going to flood the reviews with 1* ratings if the apps aren't 100% compatible with their devices.
    All speculation. Let's just wait and see how this plays itself out.
    11-10-13 08:13 PM
    All speculation. Let's just wait and see how this plays itself out.
    All except for this
    (opinion)
    "The hardware is a huge let down"

(fact)
    " There are all ready phones that give access to Google Play, and most of those phones will outperform any bb10 device out"

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-10-13 08:17 PM
106 12345