If the hub and gesture UI was on another OS. (I.e. The Blackberry Experience) Would you still stay with Blackberry? If so, what would keep you from transitioning?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-22-15 11:29 AM
    If the hub and gesture UI was on another OS. (I.e. The Blackberry Experience) Would you still stay with Blackberry? If so, what would keep you from transitioning?
    We'll find out soon enough: The Hub and BB Virtual Keyboard are coming to Android, iOS and Windows Phone... the "gesture UI" is not going to come, but some people like me think that BB10 devices REQUIRING gestures (instead of having a home button and letting an all-gesture UX be optional) has limited the appeal of BB10, because lots of Android and iOS users are completely confused without a physical home button they can click to "escape" from whatever hole they've dug themselves into.

I personally will say with BB10, but I have an iPhone 6 and Nexus 5 and I'll be trying the BB platform apps on those devices to see what they're like: I may even switch to those devices as my daily driver for a week or two to really get a feel of it, and maybe, just maybe, I won't look back... but if BB's got the Slider out by then, that'll be hard to move away from.
    05-22-15 12:20 PM
    I will, because I'm here for the hardware. I don't hate Android the way some around here seem to...I prefer BB10, but generally to me an OS is an OS, physical form factor is way more important to me.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 09:41 PM
    Addicted to the keyboard -- when it's not double typing, I mean. Hooked since the 8530, still going strong with the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 10:38 PM
    Switching to HTC when the hub and virtual keyboard gets put on Android. Love both. Rest I don't care about.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    05-23-15 08:37 AM
    I have a windows phone now as my daily driver but can't give up my Z10. If my windows phone had the Hub I would be very very happy. I'm not used to having to check different accounts anymore.

As for the keyboard - the windows keyboard isn't bad - and I really like that if I go back to select to a word it automatically selects the whole I word I tap first and suggests alternatives. This is handy as I'm usually correcting a spelling error. However, I still feel that overall the BlackBerry keyboard is superior and I really miss swipe back to delete a word.

The home and back buttons are funny things. I prefer BlackBerry gesture UI, but after using a windows phone for a week straight I picked up my Z10 on the weekend and must have stared at it for 5 seconds before I could remember how to get out of an app.

I feel that bringing these experiences to other platforms will make it easier for people to move away from BlackBerry. It would certainly help me to let go of my Z10. But there is still some intangible pull to BlackBerry for me. I'm not sure if it's because it's Canadian, or because of the tradition of security.

Most likely though because I know that no matter what - the true BlackBerry experience can only be found on a BlackBerry. I've seen that now first hand trying to use BBM on my windows phone. It's nowhere near as good as it was on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 09:04 AM