Well, maybe not free, but it seems an odd business decision to allow Android users to get what, formerly, only BlackBerry users were able to access. It almost sounds like BlackBerry sees its future in the software/app space rather than hardware.

Honestly, the HUB is the single biggest reason I use a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 08:09 PM
    i guess there is money to be made selling the hub subscription to android users? might deter some from buying the Dtek50 don't you think?
    Orange UK likes this.
    08-03-16 08:12 PM
    I do. I love my passport, but I long for a more app friendly platform. If the note7 can run an awesome Hub+ then that would be hard to beat.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    08-03-16 08:52 PM
    If they sold Blend. I would do it in a heartbeat love all of these features of BlackBerry. Need to sell Blend!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 08:58 PM
    Didn't many CB users here suggest that BlackBerry should offer BlackBerry Experience Suite (now Hub+) for all other Android phones as paid subscription? If you buy Priv, DTEK50 and future devices you get the bundle for free because it is built in. BlackBerry finally did what many people had suggested and what Chen promised long time ago.
    08-03-16 08:58 PM
    I think this is a great move. They are arming the new device to enterprise and not the consumer really. BUT the hub+ in gplay store for all is $12 a person a year perhaps as well in the consumer world for other devices. They had this idea over 1.5 years ago and its nice they actually didnt can the project after all this time.
    08-03-16 09:00 PM
    What do you think it will look like? A replica of BB10 hub?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 09:36 PM
    The BlackBerry apps for other androids fall short of the experience on a genuine BlackBerry android device.
    08-03-16 10:19 PM
    The BlackBerry apps for other androids fall short of the experience on a genuine BlackBerry android device.
    You're saying that Colbalts cracked versions are not the same as the official ones? I don't have a BlackBerry android, so I don't know.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιт > 
    08-04-16 04:58 AM
    Well, maybe not free, but it seems an odd business decision to allow Android users to get what, formerly, only BlackBerry users were able to access. It almost sounds like BlackBerry sees its future in the software/app space rather than hardware.

Posted via CB10
    I only hope that its a great success that generates revenue and it makes people more aware about BlackBerry in general.

You never know, some android users might be that impressed with the hub that they go out and purchase a BB10 device.

08-04-16 05:02 AM
    You're saying that Colbalts cracked versions are not the same as the official ones? I don't have a BlackBerry android, so I don't know.

No. I'm saying that there is additional functionality on a BlackBerry Android phone. As I've mentioned before, you get the swipe shortcut gestures, and the productivity tab - two of my most used features.
    08-04-16 07:10 AM
    Get airdroid. it is similar to blend
    08-04-16 09:35 AM
    I don't see the point in BB trying to compete selling android hardware. The HUB software subscription is what they should have done in the first place. With android they have no way to truly secure the OS having no control over its development and with the fact that its all open source. Sell an experience and focus on their own secure OS on an elite lower volume device. If they can sell the experience they might convince people they need the real thing at premium pricing.
    08-04-16 09:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    But that is what BlackBerry has said for a very long time now, that they are transitioning from hardware into software. Their future does not lay in hardware...

See nothing strange about it, but rather a necessary move if they are to stay truthful to their ambissions in software

Lets hope they also can bring the portfolio to iOS

And let's hope they also can add the predictive keyboard to other platforms

However - right now- BlackBerry hardware is the only hardware where they can guarantee a low level security, since it is baked into the silicone and OS..

Whilst you might get all the apps on Android (and hopefully iOS), to have a locked down and secured device, you need either a BES enabled device, or - a BlackBerry device..
    08-04-16 09:43 AM
    Has anyone made a video comparing a standard Android with hub+ and a priv to show the differences and similarities. That would be interesting to see they could show the boot process and perhaps download from bad sources to show if the priv finds and or blocks it?

Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-05-16 03:46 PM
    But is it worth $12 a year? Given nobody really seems very interested in Blackberry android devices, it's an irrelevance what the experience in like in this context.
    bakron1 and Orange UK like this.
    08-05-16 05:47 PM
    But is it worth $12 a year? Given nobody really seems very interested in Blackberry android devices, it's an irrelevance what the experience in like in this context.
    They can still have it for free, just with ads. And BlackBerry makes money from the ads, no idea if it's more or less than the subscription. Interestingly, it's now labelled "Hub" not "BlackBerry Hub", so I think they're trying to downplay the negative perception of BlackBerry and let the app speak for itself.

I think it's a brilliant move, and they should move forward with building out the software portfolio. To 'carrot' hardware, make BBM, Hub etc free and ad-free, and push the monthly security updates, DTEK, productivity edge, licensed swiftkey VKB, etc. The money's in software, hardware is just a means to the software in the end, imho. Having said that, I love PKB and shortcuts so I hope that continues.
    08-05-16 07:06 PM
    They can still have it for free, just with ads. And BlackBerry makes money from the ads, no idea if it's more or less than the subscription. Interestingly, it's now labelled "Hub" not "BlackBerry Hub", so I think they're trying to downplay the negative perception of BlackBerry and let the app speak for itself.

I think it's a brilliant move, and they should move forward with building out the software portfolio. To 'carrot' hardware, make BBM, Hub etc free and ad-free, and push the monthly security updates, DTEK, productivity edge, licensed swiftkey VKB, etc. The money's in software, hardware is just a means to the software in the end, imho. Having said that, I love PKB and shortcuts so I hope that continues.

I wouldn't disagree with that - my point wasn't that it wasn't worth $12 a year but comparing it to the experience on the Priv was the wrong measure to judge it's value for the people who are going to buy it because nobody (outside of here) cares about the Priv. I think for a lot of people it's worth $12 (not for me but that's nothing to do with the app itself but how I work).
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-06-16 09:57 AM

Yeah I do hope that it is a good experience. If it's going to be the same as Cobolt's version then I'm not impressed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-06-16 10:09 AM
    Didn't many CB users here suggest that BlackBerry should offer BlackBerry Experience Suite (now Hub+) for all other Android phones as paid subscription? If you buy Priv, DTEK50 and future devices you get the bundle for free because it is built in. BlackBerry finally did what many people had suggested and what Chen promised long time ago.
    Yes we did. Me included. Very glad to see they listened. I think it's really smart to capitalize on software like that. For the people that are already die hards of other android manufacturers for their position in the market and ability to push out the best hardware. It only makes sense. They can't sell it to the guys already using BlackBerry devices and you aren't bringing people back to BlackBerry hardware with a midrange device. Smart business will pay off. Monetization is key. 99cents a month is a good price. You won't break the bank for consumers and wont scared them away.

Posted via G5 with hub+
    08-22-16 09:53 AM
    I really think they should advertise that BlackBerry Password Keeper is included. That only adds value to a monthly subscription of 99 USD cents.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 10:46 AM

Posted via CB10

These are the actions of a company that is exiting out of the hardware business.

Going on their previous reputation, I wouldn't pay for their software as they are liable to pull support suddenly and without warning.
    08-22-16 11:03 AM
    Should there be a new forum for Blackberry Software? We have forums for every device, but software is where Blackberry is going. We have a BB10 forum, but that isn't the future either. Maybe we should have a dedicated Blackberry App forum. It can cover a lot, but its focus would be the Blackberry Apps that are in the Google Play store. It could also be called Blackberry Android and that would include all apps that run on Android.

If there is one, I missed it now looking at the list of Forums.
    08-23-16 07:37 AM
    I think that if people are willing to pay for the Android Hub, why not port a BB10 focused HUB for Android. It would be a huge selling point for most BlackBerry users and it gives bigger exposure to the amazing functionality BlackBerry has brought to the table for years.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 02:00 PM
    Hub for Android and Hub for BlackBerry OS 10 are two totally different things as people have mentioned. The BBOS version is far superior. That being said, now that I've used hub and BlackBerry applications I wouldn't use an android phone without them.

What I'd love to see is a BlackBerry Launcher updated to mirrored bbos10 by minimizing applications to the main home screen when you go home and enable swipe right from there to access hub like Google does with their launcher with Google now. I'd also like to see them port their browser over to android.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 08:17 PM