05-21-19 07:11 AM
39 12
tools
    Do you think that Huawei will success where BlackBerry and Microsoft falled.

https://bgr.com/2019/03/11/huawei-foldable-phone-executive-interview/
    03-12-19 06:46 AM
    I think that they will be reached in 10 years, they are still developing
    03-12-19 07:42 AM

https://bgr.com/2019/03/11/huawei-fo...ive-interview/
    It's a backup plan... in case US blocks exports (Android is a US Export), or in case Google does anything to hamper Huawei's business.... No one wants their business built on another company's product, that is out of their control. Most likely they'll use it in markets where Android isn't as important - China, Russia, India. Or more likely they use it on non smartphone devices. Feature phones, Appliance, TV... but have it ready, just in case.

Will they have success.... look at KaiOS. They didn't try to go head to head with Android in smartphones, and are having great success. But no I don't expect then to affect Android's dominance in smartphones.
    03-12-19 08:35 AM
    No one wants their business built on another company's product, that is out of their control.
    Yet here we are, BlackBerry bowing out to Google....
    MikeX74 likes this.
    03-12-19 09:27 AM
    Yet here we are, BlackBerry bowing out to Google....
    That's not BlackBerry's "business"... it's a minor licensing "distraction" at best, one I doubt even get's Chen notice at this point (unless it's costing them). And one that is hitting some issues due to Google changes to Android that are beyond their control. Five years from now, there might not be options for BlackBerry to even offer much more than a "theme" for Android/Fuschia.

But in 2014/2015... it was all they had, so they went with it. Not like keeping BB10 was viable, and something is better than nothing.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-12-19 10:08 AM
    That's not BlackBerry's "business"... it's a minor licensing "distraction" at best, one I doubt even get's Chen notice at this point (unless it's costing them). And one that is hitting some issues due to Google changes to Android that are beyond their control. Five years from now, there might not be options for BlackBerry to even offer much more than a "theme" for Android/Fuschia.

But in 2014/2015... it was all they had, so they went with it. Not like keeping BB10 was viable, and something is better than nothing.
    Yup, you are right! It was just itching...you know what I mean?
    03-12-19 10:38 AM

https://bgr.com/2019/03/11/huawei-fo...ive-interview/
    They will succeed because they will always get the Nationalism support. All the major application s will make sure that their app is compatible with whatever OS Huawei uses.
    03-12-19 09:44 PM
    People love Huawei products, and they sure know how to step-up their game.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-13-19 12:08 AM
    hopefully, it not repeat TD-CDMA event... China lack of semi, OS and standard telecom on its own. no wonder always got someone on this board to voice open source BB10 - if Huawei OS is good enough, why bother (Open source is really a back door to transfer tech... AI and 5G should learn the lesson. Without open source, Chinese never get that far... IMHO...).
    03-13-19 10:58 PM
    Not to rain on this parade, but the US armed forces, I heard a year or so ago, are very worried about Huawei and ZTE devices being preloaded with spyware. They don't servicemen to use them. Given that, I would be more worried about an OS designed by them than Android OS...and I hate Android(it's what got me into BB in the first place). And don't get me started on KaiOS. Google is giving them tens of millions of dollars to get their OS out there. Why? Why else? They want to get inside dumbphones too, of course. Maybe you look at PureOS...if it lasts, I don't know. That's just my take on it.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-19 08:08 AM
    Huawei may or may not be spying but they definitely have their OS ready to go according to a recent article. They claim it has been in development for a long time and are hesitant to use unless they are cut off from Android in the future.

The more ironic issue here is TCL has been spying on their smartphones and nobody noticed. They were finally caught and issued the standard mea culpa but come on.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-21-19 11:16 AM
    Huawei may or may not be spying but they definitely have their OS ready to go according to a recent article. They claim it has been in development for a long time and are hesitant to use unless they are cut off from Android in the future.

The more ironic issue here is TCL has been spying on their smartphones and nobody noticed. They were finally caught and issued the standard mea culpa but come on.

Posted via CB10
    It's one thing to have the OS ready for hardware... it's another thing to have the ecosystem ready for consumers.

The US concern with Huawei isn't as much their smartphones... but their network infrastructure equipment and dominating the market.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    03-21-19 11:47 AM
    It's one thing to have the OS ready for hardware... it's another thing to have the ecosystem ready for consumers.

The US concern with Huawei isn't as much their smartphones... but their network infrastructure equipment and dominating the market.
    Which is why, if you Reread my post, I said "may or may not be spying". The topic is the OS which somehow said was ten years away which is incorrect. It is ready to go.

As far as an eco system all new OS's launch with little to no apps. It is not my concern if it is ready or not.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-19 11:57 AM
    Which is why, if you Reread my post,

The topic is the OS
    Alrighty then...
    03-21-19 12:33 PM
    Since we are diving into spying it appears more Chinese manufacturers have to know more about us.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/21/...ia-data-china/

Posted via CB10
    03-21-19 01:03 PM
    " it appears more Chinese manufacturers have to know more about us."
    not just MFG, particularly, if you have stayed in high end hotel past few years ;-).
    03-21-19 07:53 PM
    They will succeed because they will always get the Nationalism support. All the major applications will make sure that their app is compatible with whatever OS Huawei uses.
    ...and with that sort of potential user base they will have lots of opportunity to quickly get feedback and work out bugs, experiment and improve, etc... I wouldn't be surprised if there is a plan in place to help along the banning of Apple, Android, Google and other western based company products.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    03-21-19 08:38 PM
    OS with china only App in current global environment is hard to survive, besides, App developers quality in Asia is much to be desired - unless Huawei is counting on HUGE memeory in their phone - which rise a question of cost, efficiency and resources (unless china build up RAM factory in a rush - semi is not chinese strong suit... IMHO).
    03-22-19 08:50 AM

A world of G5 that the Americans still can not crack the internodal encryption algorithms
    05-08-19 04:13 PM
    A world of G5 that the Americans still can not crack the internodal encryption algorithms
    And what does that mean? At some point that data get transferred back to a land line, where the NSA or whoever does have access.

This is more about protectionism for US companies like Qualcomm - who was late to the whole 5G party. Which in turn is protectionism for the whole of the American technology sector. It's one thing if China makes everything, it's another if they design and make it.
    05-08-19 04:27 PM
    And what does that mean? At some point that data get transferred back to a land line, where the NSA or whoever does have access.

This is more about protectionism for US companies like Qualcomm - who was late to the whole 5G party. Which in turn is protectionism for the whole of the American technology sector. It's one thing if China makes everything, it's another if they design and make it.
    Actually most of the G5 network has been designed in Europe. China is just a cheapest place to produce stuff at the moment of a sensible quality. The best equipment is still produced in Europe. America is debatable but Canada is also good
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 05-09-19 at 02:52 AM.
    05-08-19 04:34 PM
    Actually most of the G5 network has been designed in Europe China is just a cheapest place to produce stuff at the moment of a sensible quality. The best equipment is still produced in Europe. America is debatable but Canada is also good
    Huawei was the main contributor to the 5G standard that we have today... are you saying that they have European offices where those were developed?

Both Nokia and Ericsson are declining in their sales in the SP Equipment Market. While Huawei has surpassed both and is almost a 1/3 of that market... and that was in 2018. Now that 5G is being deployed by Carrier's.

Didn't know Canada even had someone in the market anymore...
    05-08-19 05:00 PM
    Huawei was the main contributor to the 5G standard that we have today... are you saying that they have European offices where those were developed?

Both Nokia and Ericsson are declining in their sales in the SP Equipment Market. While Huawei has surpassed both and is almost a 1/3 of that market... and that was in 2018. Now that 5G is being deployed by Carrier's.

Didn't know Canada even had someone in the market anymore...
    Huawei has the number of offices in Europe that have been working with major universities and component technology companies. They also finance the number of universities to a certain degree.
    As I said much of the design work has been done in Europe because they needed to work with component manufacturers that could provide better technologies and they were capable of making that the time.
    China leads the field in high-speed trains particularly maglev.
    It came as common sense that they would strive to improve the critical support structure such as a mobile network.
    Most of the proposal in Europe South Korea and to some extent India.
    Huawei put the teams together to encourage further development, others did try to do the same but currently Huawei is in the winning field.
    A number of European security agencies played a hand in developing the encryption protocols for the new network with the intention of keeping idiots out of the network.
    American spy agencies etc were deliberately kept away and they still have not been able to break the encryption system. Both Russia and Israel contributed to get in the G5 system reasonably secure.
    The background of the leadership of Huawei does not matter. It is their current status that counts.
    To this day NSA doesn't have a clue as to who has been providing the technical know-how Huawei to advance as they have.
    The Chinese has a long establishment of working with European and British universities and to some degree universities in the United States.
    They have just taken the competitive Edge and bundled things together.
    And a technologies can be provided to local exchanges from a number of different companies around the world that will secure the landline telephone networks and NSA will be out of the electronics snoopage business for good
    Jake2826 likes this.
    05-09-19 03:07 AM
    It's a backup plan... in case US blocks exports (Android is a US Export), or in case Google does anything to hamper Huawei's business.... No one wants their business built on another company's product, that is out of their control. Most likely they'll use it in markets where Android isn't as important - China, Russia, India. Or more likely they use it on non smartphone devices. Feature phones, Appliance, TV... but have it ready, just in case.
    Seems we could find out now,

https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/19/...t-from-huawei/
    05-19-19 03:36 PM
    Problem is it could hurt Google.... and the US.
    If all Chinese OEM's have to find something else, and they band together under one "new" OS. We are talking billions of users...
    05-20-19 08:04 AM
39 12