11-22-14 02:33 PM
123 ... 2345
tools
    When "thank you for improving the OS" turns into a childish "hey, they said before the 12/31 and now planning January. WTF ?".
    Refreshing. Eat all my popcorn, too early fo a beer.
    11-12-14 07:21 AM
    When "thank you for improving the OS" turns into a childish "hey, they said before the 12/31 and now planning January. WTF ?".
    Refreshing. Eat all my popcorn, too early fo a beer.
    LOL, thank you for updating the OS? We deserve an update! I paid for a BlackBerry phone, I deserve support.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:52 AM
    Are there specific features that don't work as expected ? Then you need fixes, provided it's general.
    Are you just impatient and salivating for Blend ? Then you'll have to learn patience - a matter of days, weeks - to avoid the previous point !
    11-12-14 09:27 AM
    Seriously? Even if Chen told us I promise 10.3.1 will come before year end, you will still find an excuse and say oh the man was joking!

Wake up!

Posted via CB10
    Bottom line is that BB never publicized an official or exact release date for 10.3.1, so we can not hold them to an end of Nov release. It's not about making excuses. If they promised it and did not deliver I would be furious.
    11-12-14 09:41 AM
    ^^That
    They did improve indeed!
    and guys, at this stage, does it really matter if we have to wait one extra month?
    the ones that REALLY want it can find plenty of leaks around this forums, and many of these leaks are not too bad.
    Well, since I apparently can't get my Red/White Passport until Christmas, it doesn't matter. But, I want 10.3.1 on my Z30 before I give it to my wife, so she can easily load any Android apps that aren't BB10 apps yet.
    11-12-14 10:11 AM
    Well,...the 8.1 update did break cellular connectivity for some people. But Apple fixed it in ~30 hours.

If the same thing had happened to Blackberry, do you have any faith that they'd have been able to fix it at all?
    fun fact.

this is why carries insist on approval before OS are pushed to phones. SO it would never happen to BB of Android for that matter apple re the only ones with license to update without the green light/testing from carriers
    11-12-14 10:12 AM
    LOL, thank you for updating the OS? We deserve an update! I paid for a BlackBerry phone, I deserve support.

Posted via CB10
    Actually that is a very grey area in the market these days. whether you bought the product or not. you are not necessarily entilted to future support or development. You are just at the mercy of the will of the company you purchased from, Unless......you have some type of contract that explicitly outlines a SLA.

its like walking into the car dealer and saying i bought my car here and your new models are bigger and better, make mine bigger and better. oh by the way do it for free.
    11-12-14 10:17 AM
    Bottom line is that BB never publicized an official or exact release date for 10.3.1, so we can not hold them to an end of Nov release. It's not about making excuses. If they promised it and did not deliver I would be furious.
    So, a Twitter or BlackBerry Community reply from BlackBerry that said it would be available in November, isn't official?
    Agreed. But, very disappointing. Especially when a Gold build was made a few days ago.
    11-12-14 11:02 AM
    My take on this is that 10.3.1 is being designed and optimized for the Classic, and all development effort at the moment is focused on that; just as 10.3.0 was for the Passport. Making 10.3.1 work smoothly on all other BB10 devices may not be crazy difficult but it's reasonable to expect it to take a few weeks of tweaking and testing. I don't think it has anything to do with marketing or "generating hype for the Classic." I don't think it's about "holding it back." I think it's about getting it out the door with the first device for which it is strictly intended, then making the needed adjustments for the rest.

Everything seems easier to the people who don't have to do it.
    Superfly_FR and clickitykeys like this.
    11-12-14 12:36 PM
    My take on this is that 10.3.1 is being designed and optimized for the Classic, and all development effort at the moment is focused on that; just as 10.3.0 was for the Passport. Making 10.3.1 work smoothly on all other BB10 devices may not be crazy difficult but it's reasonable to expect it to take a few weeks of tweaking and testing. I don't think it has anything to do with marketing or "generating hype for the Classic." I don't think it's about "holding it back." I think it's about getting it out the door with the first device for which it is strictly intended, then making the needed adjustments for the rest.

Everything seems easier to the people who don't have to do it.
    They probably tried it on the Passport and realized how badly it sucked, and how much work was left.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:04 PM
    Seriously? Even if Chen told us I promise 10.3.1 will come before year end, you will still find an excuse and say oh the man was joking!

Wake up!

Posted via CB10
    As opposed to what? The rhetoric around here where someone posts:

"I heard from someone who heard from someone, who heard from someone else that 10.3.1 will be launched in November"

which translates later into

"BlackBerry promised this release in November and then they moved it! Damn, their execution sucks!!!!!"

I'm all for criticizing BlackBerry when they break their promises or don't deliver what they they they will, but we sure are hard on them for not delivering against dates that they themselves didn't promise.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    11-12-14 01:10 PM

"I heard from someone who heard from someone, who heard from someone else that 10.3.1 will be launched in November"

"BlackBerry promised this release in November and then they moved it! Damn, their execution sucks!!!!!"

I'm all for criticizing BlackBerry when they break their promises or don't deliver what they they they will, but we sure are hard on them for not delivering against dates that they themselves didn't promise.
    Before you get all heated up like that, check a few posts back, see what thurask posted, post 59.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:55 PM
    So, a Twitter or BlackBerry Community reply from BlackBerry that said it would be available in November, isn't official?
    Agreed. But, very disappointing. Especially when a Gold build was made a few days ago.
    As I said in a previous post, if someone can point me to an official statement from BB (with a link) that states 10.3.1 will be available in November, I would appreciate it. All I have seen from BB are the words 'later this year' in reference to the 10.3.1 release.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-12-14 02:18 PM
    Actually that is a very grey area in the market these days. whether you bought the product or not. you are not necessarily entilted to future support or development. You are just at the mercy of the will of the company you purchased from, Unless......you have some type of contract that explicitly outlines a SLA.

its like walking into the car dealer and saying i bought my car here and your new models are bigger and better, make mine bigger and better. oh by the way do it for free.
    If this is true then it's no wonder why Apple/iOS is the market leader. (in terms of profit/customer loyalty.)
    11-12-14 04:11 PM
    Nobody knows except for the ones who knows.

Oh btw, would you release the new update while apps aren't ready or updated and not assured to run properly in it?

And one more, do you think wider sometimes?
    (just curious, young kid here.)
    Hehehe
    11-12-14 04:38 PM
    Before you get all heated up like that, check a few posts back, see what thurask posted, post 59.

Posted via CB10
    You mean this?

We’re already hard at work getting things ready for the BlackBerry 10.3.1 developer beta, which isn’t far around the corner. As we mentioned last month, the 10.3.1 developer beta serves two main purposes:

It’s your chance to get your app ready for the BlackBerry Classic device. BlackBerry Classic will launch later this year with BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1. In the 10.3.1 developer beta, we’ll be releasing some new APIs for the BlackBerry Classic’s “Menu”, “Back”, “Send” and “End” buttons and the integrated trackpad.
    BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 will also be available to all current BlackBerry 10 smartphones as an OS update later this year. While you can test out the BlackBerry 10.3 Developer Preview OS on your in-market devices right now (and we encourage you to do so), the upcoming BlackBerry 10.3.1 Developer Preview OS will be optimized for all existing in-market hardware. So you’ll have a chance to do further testing before 10.3.1 rolls out to in-market devices later this year.
    I suppose if it slips out, sure there are grounds to gripe. With that said, read the original title of "how true is this?"

It's still getting into the "I heard from someone who heard from someone who heard from someone" territory.

My view: if Dec 31st rolls around and no 10.3.1, gripe away.
    11-12-14 04:46 PM
    3.1 should be come same time as classic

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:17 PM
    I would love it if it comes by next month but what else can we do if we receive it next year?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:27 PM
    Blah blah blah blah....
    Just give me my dark themed hub already!
    Lol

Frosty White Q10/10.3.0.1052
    11-12-14 09:05 PM

I am sure in an earnings call, it was mentioned that Classic will come out in November. What happened to that?

It is not about official press releases, even the missing press releases says about the poor execution of BlackBerry.

IMO, nobody has nerves to say 'this' will happen on 'this' day.
    11-12-14 10:52 PM
    I am sure in an earnings call, it was mentioned that Classic will come out in November. What happened to that?

It is not about official press releases, even the missing press releases says about the poor execution of BlackBerry.

IMO, nobody has nerves to say 'this' will happen on 'this' day.
    You're right. http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-c...mber-release-0

Developer roadmaps say the gold SDK is still on track for this month, but the beta SDK proved that that's meaningless and is likelier to actually be December. Classic gold OS should be a few weeks before release.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 01:10 AM
    And so does BlackBerry, but the difference is, when Apple breaks something they apologize and fix but BlackBerry doesn't do any.

Posted via CB10
    apple don't at all
    11-13-14 02:44 AM
    You're right. BlackBerry Classic still on track for November release | CrackBerry.com

Developer roadmaps say the gold SDK is still on track for this month, but the beta SDK proved that that's meaningless and is likelier to actually be December. Classic gold OS should be a few weeks before release.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Thurask.

I am having a second opinion on Classic delay as a business strategy than execution delay so that they can extend the Passport momentum and to get rid of Z and Q stockpiles.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-13-14 06:03 AM
    Thanks Thurask.

I am having a second opinion on Classic delay as a business strategy than execution delay so that they can extend the Passport momentum and to get rid of Z and Q stockpiles.
    Yeah! They didn't expect the passport to sell well and when it did, they delayed the classic as to not kill the passport sales for another month

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 07:01 AM
    Sure, gripe away on that.

Oh, I agree they have work. My point is that we on CrackBerry get worked up about rumours sometimes.

- Someone posts a speculated launch date (that BlackBerry doesn't make themselves)

- As the conversation progresses, posters transforms from "it's rumoured to come out" to "BlackBerry will release here"

- The date comes and goes

-Someone gets mad about them "breaking a promise" (that never was actually made in the first place).

Agree they need to improve on execution still. Part of it ideally would be not saying anything until it's ready to go. They're a little hamstrung by carrier certifications which may not entirely be in their control. (Please, no one give me the Apple example. Apple is completely unique int hat they are NOT hamstrung by the same carrier contracts as everyone else).
    AndyYNWA and LuvULongTime like this.
    11-13-14 07:02 AM
123 ... 2345