They have been pretty good lately with OS updates. I would not be surprised if the extra code added in for the BELT caused the delay. Once this goes in I bet future releases will be easier for them to deliver. And as already stated by other posters, no official date was ever given, so let's ease off on condemning BB.
    Again, they said before year end, I don't how you see the calendar but over here January 2015 is actually next year.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 04:18 PM
    Oh Well , I guess I need to chill and focus more on my family plus HOLIDAYS! Little break from BB huh!?
    11-11-14 04:30 PM
    You do know that the first day the classic is out, the OS will be leaked! I'm pretty sure that no one thinks that way since the official will be in the forums anyway and the official will be pushed in January so yeah I won't go buy a classic and leave my Z10 just to get 10.3.1 or do you think people will change from touch keyboard to PKB and get a smaller screen and pay just to get 10.3.1 one month earlier? No other company does this.

Posted via CB10
    What I believe mostly is that the Classic has been created as an incentive for people who have not made the move to BB10 to do just that. Having said this, I don't believe 10.3.1 O.S. will be of much importance to them by itself. The fact that it is a BB product, that it functions well, probably better than what they had before, and that they will already be familiar with a lot of the way it functions will be the major force/push behind the purchase. One cannot deny a few knowledgeable people will appreciate the latest 10.3.1 O.S. as part of the package. The Classic comes with the latest Official 10.3.1 O.S without a leak. Considering there are some people who would never consider a leaked O.S., to them it will have more importance then for someone who is not opposed to installing leaks. Is getting the latest official OS which is not yet available officially to others an incentive for purchase? Perhaps not, but I believe that it plays a part when all is being considered before making the purchase.
    Last edited by Skyforever; 11-11-14 at 05:02 PM.
    11-11-14 04:35 PM
    Again, they said before year end, I don't how you see the calendar but over here January 2015 is actually next year.

Posted via CB10
    Was there an official press release ever discussing 10.3.1 and when it would be delivered to legacy BB10 devices? If so, I must I have missed it.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-11-14 04:36 PM
    Yeah, but every time Apple pushes out an update they break something...

Posted via CB10
    Indeed they do!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-11-14 04:49 PM
    True and not true. The setup was that the BlackBerry Classic should be launched this week and that 10.3.1 will be follow after a few weeks for the first devices and so on. Now the lauch of the Classic will be moved to end or begin december it could means a X-mas present or just a happy new years present.

It just all moved and don't forget that OS 10.3/1 has some bugs that or not really big but should be killed
    11-11-14 04:49 PM
    if we consider the recent leak, there is still a bit of work to be done, and we're already mid november.

My guess is that we should have a final 10.3.1 in december, with the launch of the classic. Shouldn't be complicated to download that OS to other devices. but official one for other devices should be january
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-11-14 05:14 PM
    Dude, seriously?

First off, it's not like you're running around with an archaic OS and you desperately NEED the update. You WANT it, which is another matter altogether.

The only people who really know about 10.3 are in this community... those who are not probably don't even know the update is coming, and do you think that they are saying that they are being "disrespected"?

People really need to tone down the entitlement up in here.

Lastly, did BlackBerry even confirm a release date?

CB10 for BlackBerry 10: Z10 on Bell
    DUDE SERIOUSLY!?

Wow.... that felt like a slap in the face to people who ARE IN THIS COMMUNITY and respect BlackBerry enough to wait while not wanting anything leaked; if anything, those who take the leaks are impatient more so than those who feel things should be up to date and "punctual".

"Tone down the entitlement up in here".. cha'... maybe people need to roll down the window in here and let out the bad air caused by self-righteousness(period).

BlackBerry never confirmed anything, I don't mind waiting for a software update, but excuse me pal, it's not so much a factor of "NEED".. it's more so a factor of performance which some people can tell when their device from a year ago doesn't start working all that well because BlackBerry is juicing out other phones with more up to date software and material. So if people like myself "expect" performance to be balanced across the board, how are we suppose to trust that BlackBerry will deliver when they keep delaying?

And do you SERIOUSLY think only people in here from the CB community are the only ones who know anything about BlackBerry and their updates? Wow... how shallow are we...doesn't take a genius to build a paper airplane.. but hey, maybe in your book it does!
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-11-14 05:34 PM
    Was there an official press release ever discussing 10.3.1 and when it would be delivered to legacy BB10 devices? If so, I must I have missed it.
    Your golden passport to BlackBerry 10.3 | BlackBerry Developer Blog

What’s beyond BlackBerry 10.3?

We’re already hard at work getting things ready for the BlackBerry 10.3.1 developer beta, which isn’t far around the corner. As we mentioned last month, the 10.3.1 developer beta serves two main purposes:

It’s your chance to get your app ready for the BlackBerry Classic device. BlackBerry Classic will launch later this year with BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1. In the 10.3.1 developer beta, we’ll be releasing some new APIs for the BlackBerry Classic’s “Menu”, “Back”, “Send” and “End” buttons and the integrated trackpad.
    BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 will also be available to all current BlackBerry 10 smartphones as an OS update later this year. While you can test out the BlackBerry 10.3 Developer Preview OS on your in-market devices right now (and we encourage you to do so), the upcoming BlackBerry 10.3.1 Developer Preview OS will be optimized for all existing in-market hardware. So you’ll have a chance to do further testing before 10.3.1 rolls out to in-market devices later this year.
    11-11-14 05:46 PM
    Thanks Thurask! With that said, no promises were made that 10.3.1 would be released to legacy devices in Nov (based on that blog post). The post was vague and just said 'later this year'.
    11-11-14 06:20 PM
    What’s beyond BlackBerry 10.3?

It’s your chance to get your app ready for the BlackBerry Classic device. BlackBerry Classic will launch later this year with BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1. In the 10.3.1 developer beta, we’ll be releasing some new APIs for the BlackBerry Classic’s “Menu”, “Back”, “Send” and “End” buttons and the integrated trackpad.
    BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.1 will also be available to all current BlackBerry 10 smartphones as an OS update later this year. While you can test out the BlackBerry 10.3 Developer Preview OS on your in-market devices right now (and we encourage you to do so), the upcoming BlackBerry 10.3.1 Developer Preview OS will be optimized for all existing in-market hardware. So you’ll have a chance to do further testing before 10.3.1 rolls out to in-market devices later this year.
    This is why I'm not really believing N4BB with their info, I'm still holding out hope that i will be able to use some new software over the festive season with the family. Panorama and Timed photos along with many other things will be a great help with capturing those moments you want to see forever
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-11-14 11:22 PM
    As long as they use the time to make the official release of 10.3.1 as bug-free as possible.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-12-14 12:14 AM
    Thanks Thurask! With that said, no promises were made that 10.3.1 would be released to legacy devices in Nov (based on that blog post). The post was vague and just said 'later this year'.
    Yes, I can't drag them to court with such words. But I can't trust them either.

And my wall hugging, super heating, random shutting, auto dialing STL100-1 NEED 10.3.1 (If it fixes any of these).
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-12-14 01:07 AM
    Seriously? Even if Chen told us I promise 10.3.1 will come before year end, you will still find an excuse and say oh the man was joking!

Wake up!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 02:11 AM
    Yes, I can't drag them to court with such words. But I can't trust them either.

And my wall hugging, super heating, random shutting, auto dialing STL100-1 NEED 10.3.1 (If it fixes any of these).
    Shhh! Don't say that 10.2.1 has bugs, there are people here who are ready to kill just to defend 10.2.1.

Guess what people, 10.2.1 has been here for almost a year and there are still bugs so imagine what an extra month will help iron out 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 02:13 AM
    Yeah, but every time Apple pushes out an update they break something...

Posted via CB10
    Well,...the 8.1 update did break cellular connectivity for some people. But Apple fixed it in ~30 hours.

If the same thing had happened to Blackberry, do you have any faith that they'd have been able to fix it at all?
    kbz1960, schmeat and Thesmartmale like this.
    11-12-14 02:31 AM
    A couple of days ago I spoke to a friend who works at BlackBerry with software development (I don't know what part of the software), who told me 10.3.1 will be rolled out during December 2014 or January 2015.
    He couldn't be more presice because they don't really know the date yet, and he wouldn't tell me what caused this uncertainty.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-12-14 02:38 AM
    I suspect that it will get here, when it gets here.
    AndyYNWA likes this.
    11-12-14 02:46 AM
    Can be true.
    11-12-14 02:58 AM
    Blend needs 10.3 so how would that work? 10.3 has not been released officially for those devices. And for those people who want Blend now for paying for it, you still need 10.3 to be officially released so it is a moot point.

Well I mean if they will remove the restriction to let anyone with a leak to use Blend
    11-12-14 02:59 AM
    Well I mean if they will remove the restriction to let anyone with a leak to use Blend
    You arnt even supposed to have leaks in the first place...!

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport with OS 10.3.1.1016
    AndyYNWA and GRojasHruska like this.
    11-12-14 03:13 AM
    Oh Well , I guess I need to chill and focus more on my family plus HOLIDAYS! Little break from BB huh!?
    An idea we should "borrow" to keep things in perspective.
    11-12-14 03:43 AM
    so much going on on this forum

1. I'm willing to wait for bug fixes
    2. I'm not interested in paying for Blend, I see it as part of the benefit of buying a BlackBerry
    3. I understand that smoothing over different device experiences is probably not as easy as many of us on here think
    4. I guarantee BlackBerry will be getting more sales with better devices, however I do not believe the Classic is for everyone, I personally am not attracted to it, if I wanted a keyboard with the many delightful shortcuts I would have a Passport, I like my all touch Z30 and I look forward to future all touch iterations of BlackBerry brand phones
    5. I'm pretty sure Chen understands the data from his market better than those of us with no direct knowledge of their customer base, we can make assumptions however they are just that, assumptions, it is my humble opinion that it will be released punctually in the sense that it will be released when it works well and that we will not be discarded for having older devices AT LEAST Z30 and up, I'm not sure how the Z5, Z10, and Q10 fair on their processing capabilities, however I totally could see them having hiccups with running all that new glory which is 10.3.1 (or not, I mean really, I have no way of knowing, some people have it loaded just with bugs none-the-less)

Just my opinion / and I got bored of reading rehashed comments after 2 pages so I apologize if anyone listed similarly their views.

Anyway, yay BlackBerry! Everyone, rejoice, we all love this brand and this OS - no hate!
    Last edited by GRojasHruska; 11-12-14 at 04:37 AM. Reason: additional information
    11-12-14 04:30 AM
    Well,...the 8.1 update did break cellular connectivity for some people. But Apple fixed it in ~30 hours.

If the same thing had happened to Blackberry, do you have any faith that they'd have been able to fix it at all?
    I somehow don't think they would release anything THAT incredibly flawed atm. Just IMHO.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-12-14 04:31 AM
    You arnt even supposed to have leaks in the first place...!

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport with OS 10.3.1.1016
    Not exactly.. They "leak" for a reason
    11-12-14 04:48 AM
123 12345