View Poll Results: How long do you really think Android Blackberrys would last?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • DOA

2 22.22%
  • One month

2 22.22%
  • Three months

0 0%
  • six months

0 0%
  • one year

0 0%
  • indefinitely

5 55.56%
07-15-15 03:28 PM
40 12
tools
    I can't believe people still believe marketing was the main reason blackberry 10 never took off. When it launched ios and Android already had pretty mature ecosystems which many consumers had bought in to. Consumers are not patient they weren't going to buy a bb10 phone and wait for the ecosystem to mature when they had offerings from ios and android.

Posted via CB10
    I agree: IMHO, marketing has been the last of BBRY's concerns.

I'd say it took a while for iOS and Android to develop their ecosystems, but I do agree with your overriding point.
    07-12-15 02:03 PM
    Whether Android powered by BlackBerry comes or not but one thing is sure it is giving sleepless nights to the critics!!!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport [ 10.3.2.2339]
    07-12-15 05:13 PM
    I can't believe people still believe marketing was the main reason blackberry 10 never took off. When it launched ios and Android already had pretty mature ecosystems which many consumers had bought in to. Consumers are not patient they weren't going to buy a bb10 phone and wait for the ecosystem to mature when they had offerings from ios and android.

Posted via CB10
    Let's hope that it lasts long enough to turn a profit since bb10 is not.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    DJM626 likes this.
    07-12-15 05:48 PM
    Whether Android powered by BlackBerry comes or not but one thing is sure it is giving sleepless nights to the critics!!!
    No, not really.
    07-12-15 08:36 PM
    Which leaves you with what?
    Good question.
    07-12-15 09:06 PM
    iPhone vs. Android smartphone profits: Apple claims 92% of profits | BGR

This is what I'm talking about. Android is pretty much the WORST market to be in.
    bigjman likes this.
    07-14-15 11:15 PM
    The more I think about it, the more I think it's a good idea.

Use the Android resources, sell off the BlackBerry name.

Consumers get apps like they want.

If there's anyone that can go up against a fruit company, it's that other fruit company 😂

With the backing of Android I see this as possible.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 02:23 AM
    The more I think about it, the more I think it's a good idea.

Use the Android resources, sell off the BlackBerry name.

Consumers get apps like they want.

If there's anyone that can go up against a fruit company, it's that other fruit company

With the backing of Android I see this as possible.

Posted via CB10
    Did you read the link in my previous post?
    07-15-15 05:49 AM
    Couldn't they have done the same if the Android runtime had been properly advertised?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    I don't think so. The trouble with marketing the runtime it's that it creates expectations in excess of the reality. If you say it can run "many of your favorite Android apps" people will hear "all" of them, and will be angry when they find that some of their favorites aren't available or don't work right.

With the runtime, the Android app situation is vague and unstable, and it's hard to market that. This is something I failed to understand when I first heard about the runtime and thought it was a great idea.
    07-15-15 07:03 AM
    How can they do this without running afoul of OHA regulations?
    The "OHA" is not some international UN treaty, or government legislation with military enforcement powers.

It's just a contract between Google (who wrote it to greatly benefit them) and a bunch of cell phone handset makers.

Google can decide to do anything they want with anyone else they want. They can make another contract that has nothing to do with this almighty OHA - because... they can. They made it up in the first place.

I don't know if that has actually happened, and no one outside of Google and BlackBerry will know until devices actually come out. But everyone thinks this OHA is set in stone. It's not. It's paper, and you know it's got riders and clauses that would allow Google all the leeway it needs to benefit itself.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 09:38 AM
    The "OHA" is not some international UN treaty, or government legislation with military enforcement powers.

It's just a contract between Google (who wrote it to greatly benefit them) and a bunch of cell phone handset makers.

Google can decide to do anything they want with anyone else they want. They can make another contract that has nothing to do with this almighty OHA - because... they can. They made it up in the first place.

I don't know if that has actually happened, and no one outside of Google and BlackBerry will know until devices actually come out. But everyone thinks this OHA is set in stone. It's not. It's paper, and you know it's got riders and clauses that would allow Google all the leeway it needs to benefit itself.

Posted via CB10
    Considering that Google is making the big bucks selling it's user's information to advertisers and Blackberry is smaller than nearly all their manufacturers, I can't really see why they would.
    07-15-15 01:49 PM
    Considering that Google is making the big bucks selling it's user's information to advertisers and Blackberry is smaller than nearly all their manufacturers, I can't really see why they would.
    Or, maybe Google is thinking.. "Why the heck not? Can't hurt."

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 02:12 PM
    The poll options are really bad.

First, "DOA" means absolutely nothing. BB10 could be said to be DOA and its still around. DOA doesn't describe when BBRY intends to retire Blackberry Android handsets while the other options do.

Second, all your options are too short lengthed. Again, BB10 could be said to be "DOA" and it's still around after over 2 years! One month retirement is extremely unlikely for any product launch. The minimal should be 2 - 3 months.

Even then, the more likely scenario even if Android Blackberry is an utter failure is 1 year or more. Product launches/retirements simply don't move at the pace you're implying. Also, BBRY will likely want to try more than one handset like BB10 and if it fails it will likely have to liquidate supplies slowly.
    07-15-15 02:29 PM

Posted via BlackBerry Passport [ 10.3.2.2339]
    Critics.... I bet the CFO and CIO of a number of companies are having some sleepless nights. Do you want to be the guy that gave the OK to spending a few million of BB10/BES? If for no other reason, Chen should come clean on is he or isn't he.

But that's kinda like Thor and the BB10 launch... if he had told everyone that the PlayBook would never get BB10, he knew it would hurt sales. Chen's skirting the issue might hurt sales for the next few months, but his admissions would absolutely kill sales for the next few months and he can't afford that.
    07-15-15 02:32 PM
    The poll options are really bad.
    Wait... there was a poll with this post?

I've only been reading this on the CB10 app which doesn't show polls.

Now the title of this thread and the first post makes more sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 03:28 PM
40 12